Unpopular Food Opinions

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by Cereal Killer, Aug 30, 2014.

1. i love the taste of bran flakes. Have never liked corn flakes

2. I'm not a fan of hummus, even though everyone else seems to love it. Tastes bland and gross to me.

3. Cold lasagne is awesome.

I can't stand pears, anything pear related makes me suck to my stomach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BClZx2W1Hsg

5. I'm a vegetarian :laughing: thats a very unpopular opinion

I never really liked the taste of meat though, beef and pork were the worst. The only things I'd eat would be chicken or processed pork (ie. sausages and bacon). My parents would beg me to eat my meat as a kid but I'd hide it in my pockets/put it in a napkin ect ect

6. Bacon and croissants, nasty ass tasting foods. Lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. I like licking the crust off of my milk container cap

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

8. Raw egg is not nearly as dangerous as many people make it out to be. Only roughly 1 in 20,000 eggs contain salmonella, and the chance of that also depends on the cleanliness of the source of said eggs. If you have worries about it, avoid raw egg whites and use the yolks, salmonella typically will not permeate into the yolk, unless the eggs aren't kept refrigerated.

http://www.incredibleegg.org/egg-facts/egg-safety/eggs-and-food-safety

I've never tried beef sashimi, if I go to a place that serves it I'll have to give it a try!

9. Yeah, I know this. It's more likely that there's salmonella on the outside of the shell than the inside! Although of course, when you crack it you can contaminate the inside unless you wash the egg first.

10. Turkey bacon is far superior to pork bacon.

All fruits are disgusting.

11. #31 Kushmonsterr, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    I grew up on a farm, always having farm fresh eggs. My mom NEVER refrigerated eggs; they were always on the counter in a bowl each day --- but they were also fresh gathered each day as well --- my mom made/consumed many things with raw egg.
    I have never liked the taste or the smell of raw egg, unless it is disguised in something such as raw cookie dough, cake batter, or brownie batter, however I believe if you grow it yourself you really decrease the risk.

She has never gotten sick from consuming raw eggs. She did develop cancer from smoking, though.

12. KFC is shit. They used to be really good, but now it's just shit.

1. BoJangles
    2. Chic fil a
    3. Popeyes
    7. KFC

I haven't really had any other yet.

13. Have you tried all fruits? Or is it a thing against sweet stuff in general?

I went to Vietnam a few years ago after my dad got married, and her family introduced me to like 5 different fruits I had never seen or heard of. Also watermelons that aren't fucked with so they get 3x larger taste way better than any I've bought in a grocery store here. Deep, deep red inside

• Like Like x 1
  14. I like sliced raw potatoes with salt and pepper.
    Yup raw potatoes. I'm adventurous.

15. I just don't care for anything sweet at all. But its also a texture thing. I actually like the taste of pineapple. Everything pork I cook in pineapple. But if I try to eat a piece of pineapple it will make me gag.

16. #36 jmick, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
    I love calves liver sautéed with onions in gravy....also like fried chicken livers and gizzards....

yup, I live in the south....no chitterlings tho...

17. Ah. I couldn't imagine going without fruit, especially now that I'm trying to cut out most chocolate and all the other usual dessert stuff. Whenever I'm in the mood for something sweet after dinner I'll just make myself a bowl of various fruits, and maybe one stick of dark chocolate if it goes with the rest.

Ketchup goes with way more than just fries, though I'll agree it usually looks disgusting with other stuff. Same situation with sour cream.

18. Shitlins! :laughing:

Fried chicken gizzards are the bomb, little chewy though. I like organ meats in general. But yeah, I agree regarding chitlins, I'm not down with food that has to literally have the shit boiled out of it. Can't say I've tried any kind of brains either....

19. Scrambled eggs and brains are supposed to be really good...never had the opportunity to try them but I would..... :yummy: 

20. Being a Cincinnati blade, i grew up on larosas and skyline. While popular around these parts, visitors don't necessarily understand our hype of skyline or larosas. Skyline is a chili joint, but if i wasnt from cincinnati, i wouldnt call it chili. More like ground meat in beef stock with spices. Served on spaghetti and topped with onions Nd a giant pile of shredded cheddar. Only way to get a 4 way. And then larosas. Larosas sauce os incredibly sweet and they use enough cheese on their pizza to clog up your plumbing. So it turns off a few people. Ranch on everything!

Sent from my LGLS990 using Grasscity Forum mobile app