Lst Or Topping For Mother Plant??

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Blaze DeChron, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Well I found ONE seed in some super I bought and decided I definitely wanted more of that bud. So I'm growing that one seed in a DWC system (second time for DWC) and I want to (if female) use as a mother and do a SOG type thing once she's big enough to clone. So my question for my fellow blades is which method should I use do you think I should use to produce the most tops for cloning?? Any help

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. This is my most recent pic but have not been home yet she (hopefully) is growing rapidly since I started including the 3 part GH flora series to its diet. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409361279.768026.jpg

3. Whatever your preference is. Pretty much same outcome, less stress with lst, some would say more tops with topping, but i wouldnt make that claim.

Ive kept mothers in tiny plastic cups and kept them in 5 gallon containers. I prefer to keep them small now and take cuttings that way. No point in having a huge plant unless youre taking dozens of clones imo.

4. I like to top once the Tak the two tops and lst in different directions once they hav established themselves. But it all works personal preference

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I kinda thought you may have around the same outcome, and I'm definitely digging that topping once then LST idea. That just might be what I try, I appreciate the quick response blades. I do have one more question though, ever since the first set of fan leaves they are curled on the edges like something is wrong until they fully develop then they look fine, but this set has me worried. I'll get some pics up ASAP. Please help with this I'm worrying hard lol.

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409365427.793741.jpg its almost as if those def indica leaves are so wide it takes them a while to unfold, but that could just be me having my hopes up...

7. Fiming can give you more than two tops at each site if done correctly.

8. Lol I tried fimming my last crop it took to only one of the plants lol

9. Was she underwatered?

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Question how much more of a yield do you really increase by topping??

11. how much of a yield do you really increase by topping?

12. There is no way to give you an exact number. But yield is mor dependent on your own skill level. And combination of all skills involved in the grow. Topping isn't like the magical wand.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app