Michganmans 2014 Outdoor Organic 30 Plant Guerilla Grow.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by michganman, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Hello grass city, I'm michganman. As you can tell from the name, I'm from michigan. I've been growing for quite a while with some success. There's been good times and bad but I'm here today to show what I've learned and how I'm growing now. I'm no grand master gardener so any constructive criticism is welcomed. I'm pretty damn late getting into this journal, but what can I say? I'm a huge pot head hippie so forgive me.
    I'll start by giving a basic over view of my grow.

Location~Mid michigan, the woods behind my house. The size of the growing area is about 30X40 foot. I cleared the area with a saw by hand and used the trees to build a natural wall of vegetation around the garden.

Strains~ elephant bud, michigan purps, tora bora, strawberry cough, ATF, northern lights, and....? I'll be the first to admit it was fucking stupid not to label my plants after transplanting them. That's all I can remember. 28 clones two from seed.

Soil~ mix of peat, forest top soil, old soil I'm reusing from my indoor days, bonfire pit ash, and every single organic amendment I could find. Guanos, worm castings etc. I just mixed everything weak because I was starting late and didn't have time to let everything cook.

Water source~ I have a 45(50?) gallon tote I'm using as a reservoir. Inside I have a sump pump attached to tubing ran back into the woods. Branched off the main tube are spaghetti tubes ran to each plant with a drip emmiter.

Pots~ the soil in my garden has the most clay I've ever seen. Last year when I put my plants out they were in 2x2x2 holes and we had a rain storm. They basically sat in a clay bowl and drowned. So this year I did the 2x2x2 holes but instead put a bottomless 5 gallon bucket on top of the hole. This provided a buffer from the water that accumulates at the bottom of the hole until the plants are big enough to not be affected.

2. I'm going to start posting pics from the beginning... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409353691.335679.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409353746.218896.jpg

3. #5 michganman, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    And to catch you all up to speed, these pics were taken today. My plants currently range in size from 4ft-almost 9ft. My seed plants are the biggest, those are the only two in actually pots(20gal)... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354072.085470.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354089.335575.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354101.285719.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354114.653078.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354129.568992.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354140.402421.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409354152.968988.jpg

4. #6 michganman, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    The only issue I've had so far is some powdery mildew. It's currently on the retreat with daily spraying I've been doing. I'm so happy with how my organics have been doing. Every week I give a top dress of some type of organic amendment (kelp, guano, castings etc) and feed with a homemade tea.

5. I don't think anyone is even checking this out haha. It's cool I'll just keep posting every couple days...this pic was taken this morning at about 7:30 am when I was shaking the dew off the plants. I don't get much morning sun to evaporate the dew so I try to shake the plants off of I'm up. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409504888.921702.jpg

6. Ive been lurking ;) very nice Midwest patch you got there. Good luck with the pm that stuff can be a pain.

7. Thanks man, that means a lot from the legend himself! Been a long road that's for sure. By the way, macgyver was my favorite show of all time. Still is. Appreciate the compliment.

8. Psshhh, no legend just have a passion for cannabis and have been cultivating for over a decade, and I love sharing my knowledge and helping others grow their own meds. And yes MacGyver was a sweet show indeed loved it as a kid and now as an adult. I'm like a real life MacGyver in many ways  haha. ;)

9. Very Nice, lush and healthy. 

10. Thanks guys. Today we had a very hard rain that beat the shit out of the plants for about an hour. I went back and shook all the plants trying to get the water off. Also I had to prop a few back up that had fallen down during the storm. Some are getting incredibly packed with trichomes and look fantastic. The northern lights are my farthest along but seem the least crystally. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409615299.278625.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409615323.229268.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409615336.661604.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409615356.795603.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409615372.294747.jpg

11. #16 michganman, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    i used multiple different things actually. First milk..wasn't impressed. Then baking soda and water, worked alright...then on the last treatment I sprayed with baking soda and water, and then I used powdered sulfer all over while it was still wet with the baking soda wash and let it sit for one day and then washed it off because I was worried about it affecting the taste of the bud. Seems to have worked well. There's a couple spots here and there but I've been plucking those leaves off religiously. I won't use the sulfer again though I think it's too late in flower.

12. #17 michganman, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
    What the fuck, people are crazy in flint michigan. I got behind this guy on the expressway going 64 in a 70 in the left lane. I wasn't even riding his ass, although I admit I was closer than I should of been. This fucker flips out and follows me for the next half hour all around town. Spitting at my car, throwing water bottles out the window at my car. Everytime we stop at a light he gets out and starts approaching my car trying to open my doors and saying he's going to kill me. I'm no pussy alright, but this mother fucker was enormous. He had about 100 lbs on me and it was all muscle. I keep a massive 10 inch hunting knife In my car and I had that thing clutched so tight ready to stab away. When he was at my window one time I told him I'm going to stab him in the fucking throat and it didn't even phase him! He followed me all the way to my neighborhood. I wasn't going to go home because I didn't want him to know where I lived, but I was getting really pissed and I knew I had an ar15 in my garage. Believe me...I was going to blow his fucking head off if he pulled into my driveway and came at me. It was both are lucky days. Fuck, stressful start to the day man. Hate people.
    Anyways, in the garden today I noticed some more pm popping up so I picked up some ph up to try and combat it. The guy at the store said to use water ph 10 to combat it this late in flower. Hope it works. I'm done using anything other than water on my buds.

13. Shit mate, crazy story. That guy is a freaking dick. Anyway, don't, think about those who make human look bad, stay positive and smoke one to relax.

One an other note, what do you mean by "pm". English aint my first languange and i've never seen that anywhere i can remember on the forum....

Once again, awesome grow, can't wait for more pict. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. powdery mildew. I've been fighting it for a couple weeks

15. I see. I faught it also, got rid of it in one month with 1 aplication of "green earth Garden fungicide" each 2 week. Sulfur based i think they say.
    Second time was because they were coming back a little bit but 2nd aplication got rid of it for good.
    I found that at my local hardware store
    "Can be used up to one day before harvest" they say.
    One bottle for one plant. And it never came back.

Just sharing

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app