Soreness Recovery

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Gregsta, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Lol it ain't about the meat so you better eat more fruits and veggies. Forget about protein for a minute and focus on getting your calories up. Buy some honey buns, cakes and doughnuts to eat that shit up lol.

Stoner Athlete
    Train Insane or Remain The Same.

2. That's a myth man! I bet if you workout light, you wouldn't be sore. I workout hard cuz I like to sweat a lot so I can see the result faster.

Stoner Athlete

3. Oh I eat my junk. But I still need 2 grams of protein per lb of weight and I weigh about 185. I eat everything, but still can't accomplish that without whey.

4. I weigh 185 and I'm 6'3 so I can gain more weight if I workout hard on consistent basis. I'm doing calisthenics for now so I will lift weight next year.

Stoner Athlete

LOL. so how exactly do you get yours? how much

6. all my meals are VERY high protein, most snacks are to. Just ate 8 egg whites = 40g protein = 200 calories only. 

I have a lot of whey protein to, because shit, I'm a stoner and I will eat "some" junk food a day... if I had to guess I get 100-150g of protein a day from whey... then the other 200-250 from natural food.

Like I told another blade, it's best to just do trial and error on your body everyone's body is different.

If I eat 240g protein per day, I feel like I've been run over by a truck the next day, can't move, muscles so sore, prone to injury to. Only muscle injuries I've ever gotten were because of low protein intake.

If i eat 350g protein per day I feel like I've just woken up from a 1 week long hiatus/rest the next day. zero soreness, feel amazing, 200% functionability. Mix it up and try things out, you'll then find your perfect medium because most likely everyone's is different to.

I train a lot which is another factor, and another reason why trial & error is best

7. Egg whites? You wasting eggs by not eating it whole. Instead of 8 egg whites, you could ate 4-6 whole eggs and be straight.

Stoner Athlete

8. I buy pure egg whites from Costco, so there is no yolk in them lol... you can buy 6 containers each of which there is 16 ounces of egg whites in them from costco for 6.99... I literally just went there to get that 1 item lol. 

4 whole eggs = 24 grams of protein v. 8 egg whites = 40 grams of protein, that is just one reason why I eat whites only not whole eggs. 

9. Oh ok well I buy pastured raised eggs and I can't be wasting the yolks lol.

Stoner Athlete

or you could eat 8 eggs and get 48 grams of protein? you're losing out! :rolleyes:

11. hahaha! 

12. Everyone who is saying 2 grams per lb of body weight are crazy. You only need 1 gram to recover and once you hit the 2 gram mark your body is probably going to be turning that into fat.

Also getting 360 grams of protein from food and still getting the rest of my required nutrient would cost me about $35 minimum, and $ 60 with my current diet. That is ridiculous. Professional body builders only aim for 1g per lb., so anything over that for people on this forum is over doing it.

your BCAA and SAA amino acids are what fuels and promotes muscle growth. yes you can get most of these through a good diet but more never hurts. depends on how serious your training is. i supplement with them and it does decrease recovery time and you can drink them during your workout for more energy/stamina. its not going to make or break you by any means but it will definitely help.

ive been taking neon sports kinetic and love it. tastes great and not too overpriced either

14. no homo but would you like to see my body? 

everyone's body is different, no body said it's a must to have 2 grams per pound body weight. That is just what is required for me personally. 

For everyone it is different, thus the only method to really know is trial and error, there is no magic specific # that will work for everyone

everyone's regimen is different, I was only speaking to mine which is probably more activity than a NFL player or NBA player - that should have been clear, not sure why it wasn't

15. No need for the body pic! I ain't trying to be a bodybuilder so I rather have a ripped powerful athletic body. I don't care about the protein intake so I just eat till I'm almost full so I can workout within an hour with no problem. I'm in my 30s so I'm maintaining so I can keep up or be better than y'all young bucks lol.

Stoner Athlete

16. #36 Digital Veil, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    That's a lot of protein dude!  If you are going to consume that much make sure it's not primarily from muscle meats as your amino acid profile will be heavily skewed towards methionine and tryptophan (aka bad news in the long run).

Edit: A large intake of carbs post workout should help recovery.

17. #37 Gregsta, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    It's not bad working out if you're still just a bit sore, is it ??

I can feel it in my thighs from Wednesday lol. Do maybe just upper body today and lower body tomorrow ?

18. As long you can do full range of motion then yes you can keep working out.

Stoner Athlete

19. When I got sore lifting weights I would toke on a power house indica strain, it feels like your hovering and your muscles feel like jello (even more awesome after leg day or intense cardio)

There is no way your activity is more then a NFL or NBA player.