My 2Nd Real Grow Attempt, W/ Pics Bubble Cloner/clone Machine, Dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hddani, Aug 29, 2014.

1. #61 hddani, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Sucks you lost 1! But happy to hear you had success rooting. I'm going to wait another week before recutting. I'm going to get some kind of rooting powder, and I am wondering if I could place the fresh cut stem, with rooting powder, into a rapid rooting plug, and then place that in a netpot in my cloner? I now have two new airstones and they are releasing soooo much more bubbles than the single 12in airstone stick thing. With the slight misting occurring when the bubbles pop, will that be enough moisture on the plug to be absorbed by the stem thats in the plug? Anyones experience or opinions with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!
    I ended up making an aloe juice out of aloe from my garden and my nutrient rich rez water. Rubbed a good amount on all stem and leaves then put some in the rez and saved the rest, been spraying both plants often and as soon as its evaporated off. Ph down to 5.7 last night and it was around 6.2 this morning so brought it back down to 5.4. Here is how they looked this morning. No recovery on #1 but its not gotten any worse.
    Hoping for the best

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411674712.951821.jpg .

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

2. Yea I think #1 is dead  :cry:. Its just a stick with dry leaves that crumbled to the touch. The stem is noticeably skinnier than it used to be.
    I didn't get home until 11pm last night, grow box temps were 79-82 for the day, humidity at 25% despite my attempts to keep it high. It was 65% and climbing when I left in the morning but it was a very hot and dry day in southern California yesterday (and today, although we may get a thunderstorm *fingers crossed*).

#2 is happy and perky although some leaves are yellow and others have yellowing tips, my ph only rose to 5.7 since yesterday morning and ppm was down to 606. Left it alone but made sure the stem was in the water and would stay there unless the bitch drinks about a liter somehow.

So #1, fuck it, I cut the bottom 3" of the stem off with a sterilized razor at a 45 degree angle and all that jazz and immediately dipped it in my homemade aloe juice mix. After a few minutes I split the bottom of the stem with the razor and put it back in the cloner. The interior of the stem was green/white and looked alive with some moisture. I hope there is hope. This morning it still looked dead but some of the top growth seemed soft to the touch and not so dry. I think its dead though but not giving up!
    :hippie:

3. Yea the top growth snapped off and took some of the stem with it, RIP =[

Some perky leaves on the thirsty bitch are highlighter yellow. ph still at 5.7 and ppm climbing to 710. Checked the meter with calibrating solution, 7.0. Dumped the water, wiped everything down good w/ H202 wipes, and started over with distilled water @ ph 7.2 and ppm 007. Clonex brought it up to 371 ppm and ph down to 5.5. I'll get a pic up tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help so far you guys, and the views!

4. Day 40
    No roots yet
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412659939.648776.jpg
    Waiting another week then recutting and applying roots organic cloning gel. Tried some mg stuff but I think it just dried out the stem =\\

Got bored so germinated and sprouted some bag seed today! They weren't out this morning but were a pleasant surprise tonight.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412660131.446017.jpg
    Peeled off what appeared to be the inner shell skin? Anyone ever had that happen? It slid off real easy and the cotyledons popped open right after. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412660231.905015.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412660256.456928.jpg
    A few hours later, 1st leaves
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412660312.044933.jpg
    The other one

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

5. #65 hddani, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  6. Nice sprout! Sorry to hear about your clones tho. I feel I'm in the same situation still with mine. They were looking very promising at first and have been in a slow but steady downward fall. But without us trying we will never find the best way to clone. Luckily my weed connect saved a seed he found in his bag of super og kush. Fixing to plant it soon.

7. Whats going on with your clones exactly? Plant it man, I'm glad I got these 2 seedings going.
    Heres #2 croaking like her twin on, Day 43
    View attachment 1585451
    The stem damped off where I applied the MG grow root powder, I might've gone over the top with that shit.
    Cut it about in half to where it seemed healthy, applied root tech cloning gel, and put it in a rapid rooter in a shot glass with a tad of water then small ass hydrotons staying just moist. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412925742.814550.jpg

8. Sorry just checked the board and I'm fixing to head to work but I will post some pics of my clones I have. One of them looks like your #2 clone.

9. Sorry for the late response here's some pics. I only have 2 close left the 3rd died over the weekend. The big one is one of the 3 first ones I did it's the only survivor. And the small one I got it off the same plant about 15 days or so. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413343369.865854.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413343382.713978.jpg

10. Damn she looks just like both of mine did before dying. Try keeping humidity up and foliar spray her. What was the health of the mother plant you took those from? What is the size and medium you have them in? Your cuttings look pretty big, or those containers are just small.

11. [Yesterday]Did a flush of bag seed #2 in the hempy style solo cup. 1st flush through was over 500ppm! Continued flushing with fresh ro water until runoff was ph 5.8 and ppm 200.

All I've used for nutes was leftover Clonex clone/seedling @ ~400ppm, just a tad bit high imo since #3 is happy at 330ppm

Day 10 from seed
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413391751.182155.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413391835.039471.jpg
    Look at that clawing, expecting to see a turnaround by the time I get home tonight.

Roots are exploding and growing out of the net pot and into the water. I'll get a pic of that up tonight.
    Yesterday morning ph was 6.0 ppm @ 330, last night it was 6.1 ppm @ 355. Lowered ph to 5.4 and ppm to 335. This morning ph was 6.0 and ppm at 332, so I lowered ph to 5.7. If I am interpreting these numbers correctly as described by great threads by great GC members like goldgrower and others, ppm going from 330 to 355 meant it mightve been too strong at the time, but holding steady at 330 means the sweet spot?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413392581.529921.jpg
    I've looked at it under different lighting and there is definitely a purple color where new growth is coming out of, anyone have any idea what that is?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413392687.038319.jpg
    No clawing just a little nute burn from ppm being in the 400s over the weekend.

12. The mother plant was in good health. I got the clones off her before I starting flowering. They are set in 1x1 rockwool with a mg moisture control and mg fast root. Yea it was a big cut. I ended up last night cutting up and re dipping the big one in mg fast root powder. The little one I moved it to a bigger pot bc it was rooting like crazy. Sorry no pic of it. And just planted the seed of super og kush. Hoping to get a sprout soon.

13. #77 hddani, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2014
    Hope you get her healthy! I think Super OG Kush is 1 of the parent plants of Sour OG, which both of my clones that died were of.

!!HELP!! Any help is appreciated.

Since flushing shes only gotten 5.8 ph ro water, no nutes. I initially thought nute burn from 400ppm ro water feeding but new growth since flush is still looking like this. Deficiency? I have yellowing cotyledons. Ph lockout? Runoff is 5.8-5.9 and 50ppm.
    I also put it outdoors a few hours a day this week, its been partially cloudy and 70-80F but I stopped doing so when it first showed burnt leaves.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413580838.670633.jpg
    The leaves aren't tacoing, just reaching up. Temp is 75 and the grow box door is open with an oscillating fan blowing fresh air on everything.

Here is my other one happy and healthy, growing roots and new growth that I notice every time I check on her. This morning ph was 5.9 and ppm 340 where it has been staying steady for 24 hours.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1413581102.868961.jpg

14. Attached Files: