My 2Nd Real Grow Attempt, W/ Pics Bubble Cloner/clone Machine, Dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hddani, Aug 29, 2014.

1. The mother these came from was about two to three months old from seed, and they were cut from the bottom of the plant. 

When I get home I am going to trim all the leaves, make some cuts along the bottom of the stem, and change out the reservoir with fresh water at 5.5ph w/ Clonex clone/seedling nutrient solution.  I didn't plan on adjusting ph until they had roots and were being fed w/ nutes but I am going to start today with the rez change. Will it shock them if I put them into 5.5 water w/ Clonex clone solution? (tap pH holds steady at 8.5-8.6 between rez changes, I've been keeping track but other growers with bubble cloners say ph at this stage doesn't matter)

What about nutes? If my tap is already around 300ppm and I then add Clonex, do I need to add any and if so, 1/8-1/4 strength? I have GH Flora Bloom and Flora Micro for the Lucas Formula.

2. #43 hddani, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Trimmed the fan leaves. Also went ahead and attempted a fim on a lower branch growth on clone #1, just to see what happens.

Added 10mL/liter of Clonex clone feeding solution into 1 gallon, then pH brought down to 5.5. Ppm meter is reading 1110. Rez changed out and everything was wiped down.

Took a sterilized razor and split the end of the stem, scored lower stem until I saw fresh green, then scratched and made cuts all over that same lower end of the stem. Did this to both clones.

Placed em both into a measuring cup full of the new reservoir batch, stems were under water a few inches for about 30 minutes, with airstone in there was well. After that, put em back in the cloner and put it back in the grow box.
    Clone #1
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411101898.858424.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411101930.343086.jpg
    You can see the fim cut there
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411101959.712302.jpg

Clone #2
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411101976.431178.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411101992.348203.jpg

Both
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411102008.631330.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

3. They look sooo much better! I haven't seem them this happy or perky before. This morning ph was 6.1 and ppm at 1240.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411245379.575026.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411245406.372802.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411245421.124009.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411245435.893182.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

4. I sure hope so too!
    ph steady at 6.1 and ppm 1260. High temp in growbox today was 77.
    Ppm seems high to me? but 48 hours later and they're loving it.

5. Attached Files:

6. I only added the Clonex seedling and clone feeding solution. I debated starting at 1/4 strength but followed the instructions, feeling brave. ph is holding steady at 6.1, I'm going to wait on it and see if it rises at all, but I will be lowering it back as close to 5.8 as I can get it tomorrow after work. Ppm is now at 1160, so seems they're taking up some nutrients now!
    Thanks for the chart!!

7. Last night ph was 6.2 so I lowered it to 5.8, and this morning it was 6.0. Ppm last night was 1360 and this morning was 1240. Plants are looking good, a little yellowing on some leaves but they're still perky. No roots yet.

My new air pump and air stones arrived yesterday. Those 12 inch airstones at walmart suck, just 1 airball style airstone hooked up to the same airpump has so much more bubble action happening. It was even stronger with the new 45 lpm airpump running. I have 5 of them now and they're each 30mm.

Unfortunately a few hours later it was shutoff and HOT as fuck, thank god I still had the other one running too just in case. =[ Shipping it back to Amazon asap.

8. #54 hddani, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Raised the water level last night, going to start spraying when I get home. It looked the same as last night, no better and no worse. Is it already dead and not going to get any better? Fuck this sucks for morale, I had much better success 10 years ago in high school when all I would do was throw a germinated seed into dirt from the backyard and left it the fuck alone by a window and only watered maybe once a week. =/
    I left a few open containers of water in the grow box, I hope that raises humidity. I think today is going to be a dry day =[

I feel so let down and unmotivated now, even the other clone isn't as perky as when I started adding cloning solution and ph'ing the water. I hope it doesn't also go downhill. Tomorrow makes 4 weeks and still no roots.  :confused_2:  :cry:

oh yea ph was up to 6.0-6.2 this morning. ppm was at 740. I'm unsure of the exact ph since I was in a rush, tested twice and got two different readings.

9. #56 hddani, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Hell yea its been a long wait! =[
    This is my 1st run with a bubble cloner and I thought at max I'd wait three weeks to see roots. Last Thursday (@ three weeks) I did a vertical cut about 1/4" deep in the middle of the very bottom of both stems, to expose more of the inside of it to the solution and more area for roots to hopefully develop. At the same time I cut the all leaf tips to try and help it root as well. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]It was after this that they were both really perky and even showing A LOT of new growth at the top. Within two days I had new leaves growing out of the tops that were big enough to trim too but so far I have left that new growth alone.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I'm unsure what you meant about the root cube though?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]Thanks again for all your help and suggestions.[/SIZE]

10. I may do new cuts actually, there aren't even any bumps. It resets the clock in regards to rooting, right?
    I believe you suggested aloe earlier? Does that require any prep or can I just take the fresh cut stem and rub the aloe gel over it?
    They aren't in any cube, just neoprene inserts with the stem going through and then submerged 1/4 in the the water, or even less than that like 1/8 in.

11. Hey hddani, been since I checked your forum. I had 3 clones at the beginning and lost one. Didn't have any root nutes or signs or roots at 2 1/2 weeks in so that's when I got that MG fast root. Recut the 2 surviving clones and dipped them and put them back in the rockwool. And got a fresh cut and dipped it and put in rockwool. So far I have gotten some roots to show on all 3. But there not to perky. But fingers crossed on yours! All the hard work you have put in I believe they should pull thru! I'm rooting for you! Lol!

12. #60 loki125, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Ahh right that cool.you can use aloe powder dunno if aole rubbed on it would work and it can also be used in the water as a root stim
    ia there enough air
    Also you can get wood air blocks that make the bubbles smaller used to use them in my marine tanks skimmer

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/