My 2Nd Real Grow Attempt, W/ Pics Bubble Cloner/clone Machine, Dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by hddani, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Oh, those look very nice indeed. Thanks for the link!
    They are a little pricey but it seems like they have their ducks in a row as you said. The one that matches my foreseeable future needs is the BDMICRO-U for just $420  :smoking:
    \thttps://www.blackdogled.com/products/universal-series/bdmicro-u.htmlI don't mind paying for quality so I will definitely be looking up reviews and comparisons.
    I would also appreciate any feedback from other growers regarding LEDs 

2. I mean you have to buy the one for $420!!! That was the one I'm saving for!

3. #23 hddani, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Hope it happens man!

I dropped the lights .. as close as I could.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410328041.036750.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410328058.736723.jpg
    My hand didn't feel warm at all even after 10 seconds.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410328116.224895.jpg

Attached Files:

4. #24 hddani, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Oops, hit Reply before finishing.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410328267.154581.jpg
    The 5th bulb. You"ll notice I rotated the container lid. Started doing that just for more exposure all around.
    I got home around 830pm and in the book shelf grow box the temperature low was at 77, high of 79 for today and we had a 95 degree day out there today. Humidity at 40%.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410328563.962361.jpg
    Bright down there. Exhaust fan at the top is a CM 120mm, I don't know the CFM but it moves quite a bit of air.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410328813.750445.jpg
    Another CM fan for intake there near the bottom but blocked by light, below that is a passive air opening but that is a small fan on the outside you can see. Its on low when I put a frozen 1 gallon bucket there, on top of the random white dish.
    At the top is something I saw on another forum, credit to that guy!
    Its a repurposed bathroom window blind system pulley bar thing, but not attached to anything yet. Once a more stable light is installed, I should theoretically be able to adjust up and down exactly as desired.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410329160.546400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410329188.765650.jpg
    Ghetto temp door, planning on replacing it with panda film, velcro'd on 3 sides then the 4th be attached by one of those grow tent zipper for openings that comes with 3M tape backing or some adhesive. It works in my head lol.

5. Damn, check out these leaf tips. I don't know if this is a nutrient deficiency or just the start of a leaf being eaten by the plant. Most of that has happened towards the bottoms and always the ones I trimmed the leaf tips on.
    Still no sign of roots! 2 weeks in now.
    Clones look healthy to my untrained eyes, but if anyone can let me know whats up or just reassure me it'd be greatly appreciated!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410400747.472737.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410400765.406256.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410400800.359326.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410400852.046926.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410400869.696809.jpg

6. Day 16

Yesterday was a reservoir change, decided to drop it from 2 gallons to 1. Also trimmed off small growth near bottom of stems to be able to lower the clones closer to the lower water line. I thought this pump would cut it for the cloner but maybe its not.
    Cleaned everything top to bottom with H2O2 disinfecting wipes while I was at it, and drilled a hole on side of container to pass the air hose thru. Also placed a little reflective material over the lid because it was getting warm to the touch.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410538550.958872.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410538644.645400.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410538672.949052.jpg

7. [Day 19 update]
    Still no sign of roots! Also over the weekend we were slammed with a heat wave in Southern California, the high in my area was 109 on Sunday!
    At this same time my temps in the grow box got up to 82, and my plants also started wilting. I thought it was maybe the heat? I didn't notice any canoeing of the leaves but I got a lot of yellowing and burned tips.
    I took a look at the water level and noticed both stems were above the water line by about 1/2" and it seems like the water line actually dropped! Not sure how since I don't think these ladies are drinking that much, anyway I topped it off so they were slightly submerged again and overnight they perked right up. Pics to follow are from last night day 18 though this morning day 19.

8. #28 hddani, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Clone #1
    1-1.JPG
    1-2.JPG
    1-3.JPG

Clone #2
    2-1.JPG
    2-2.JPG
    2-3.JPG

edit: some pics were duplicates.

Attached Files:

9. Hddani, I'm in the same boat as you with no roots. I'm 14 days in and didn't see any roots. I didn't have any root nutes. But got some yesterday and put some and all 3 of mine and gonna give it a few days and trying and see if I get anything.

10. Also the only thing I could find locally was miracle grow fast roots. Fingers crossed!

11. Ill keep you posted on my results as well. I have a new 45 lpm commercial air pump on the way, as well as Clonex clone solution for the rez. I'm debating whether or not to make a few cuts with a razor along the bottom of the stem before applying the clonex to see if it helps stimulate root growth. Maybe Ill do it to 1.

Haven't seen my twins since yesterday morning so I'm itching to get home and see how my entire setup handled the heat wave in southern california ( >100F since Friday)

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

12. Dude black dog aint that great look at topled mars2 lights mate. I got a 400w there under $200
    Grows some lovely plants

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

Attached Files:

13. Best wau to clone is to cut a diagonal and dont hesitate put the stem in to clonex powder gel make ya own from aloe or use honey if a bubble is allowed to form the clone wont root so dont expose it to air then keep the stem moist but never soaking or it will rot keep good air flow low light dont give non rooted clones too much ligght 50w for 2 max they need to root and light will make them try to make sugars which it has no need to.
    Also keep it humid in there the plant can take some throught stem but more through the leaves :)
    Hope that helps you a bit :) once ya got roots( mine took 7days ) pop them into ya soil or hydro bucket :)

And if you run soil.dont use h2o2 on your soil....

auto help page if you need help with autoflowers http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1294434-Need-help-with-autos?-Welcome

new vote page sept please vote http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-09-03-autoultimate%C2%AE-loki_1752/

14. tips look like they possibly got too much nutes at some point it shouldnt get worse if it does post another pic mate hard to tell as ya cloneing and the leaves are droopy/clawed which would say too much nitrogen

15. Clip all the tips of each leaf so more energy is going into the roots

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Thanks for the info Loki! I will def check them out. It's my first grow and so far I thought I knew quite a bit but like everything else it's a constant learning experience! I just have to be careful in how much electricity I use bc where I live in the states there not to fond of it.

17. #39 hddani, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014

That's exactly how these were cut, except they were put into Clonex gel not powder. I have Clonex liquid concentrate on the way. I also have aloe growing out back, that could work too?!

I have just the very tip of the stem submerged in water, it seems that whenever it isn't they get very wilted. My humidity has been around 40% but sometimes goes down to 25% or up to 50% depending on the day, should I increase that? Would a foliar spraying be ok with CFLs a few inches away? Should I move those further away or decrease the amount of bulbs to get to the wattage you recommend?
    Thanks for your suggestions!
    I haven't added anything to the water since I got them except H2O2, 3% 10/mL per gallon, when Ive done rez changes. My tap water ppm is around 310, and from last thursday to last night it slowly rose to 370. Is this still too high for clones? I can pick up distilled but been running tap so far. (Left out for at least 24hours to dechlorinate)

I may give this another shot on the new leafs showing growth. When I finish, should every single leaf be trimmed?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411056976.168200.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411057011.418329.jpg
    Clone #1

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411057059.288802.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411057090.008015.jpg
    Clone #2

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1329219-My-2Nd-Real-Grow-Attempt%2C-W--Pics%21-Bubble-Cloner-clone-Machine%2C-Dwc

18. I would say yes they look like they want water and no roots to get them some. Like I said before clip em so the plant puts more focus on the roots. Once the roots are growing your golden.