Are Ants Eating My Plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by musikae, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I just germinated a small batch of seeds, and you know, I'm sort of a beginner at this. I planted my seeds about 4 days after germination. Their pots are in nice area of sunlight in my sunroom. The taproot was decent sized. I 2 days after planting my seeds started sprouting, I water them normally, nothing unusual. Today's about the 4th day of growing. I walked into the room and see all these tiny ants on my plants! They were in the soil and on the actually stem itself. I noticed on my best plant about half of a leaf was chewed off! I'm pissed, and I have no idea what to do or what happened? :confused_2:  

2. Well I say get neem oil, ive had bugs and researched and found that is the best thing to use, I have sprayed my plant today and will monitor it to see how it goes.

I'm new here too, so somebody else may come along and say something different.

3. Idk what will get rid of them but I would put a few pieces of dog food or car food or something near the bottom of the stem. That might keep the ants occupied until you can figure out how to get rid of them

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum