Kiddies In The Grow Room?

Discussion in 'General' started by Breezey007, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I'm thinking I can't be the only MJ grower with kids. Where I live it's illegal to grow, but based on the fact that I want to, I do anyway.

Thing is, I don't own a warehouse, don't have a separate premises to grow from, and as such, I use the spare bedroom :)

Now if there are other growers that have previously grown small clones of themselves prior to their latest strain, you will get where I'm coming from! I have an 11 and 7 year old, so there was more chance of getting them to donate their Christmas presents to charity than keeping them out of the room that Daddy now spends a lot of time in with a huge tent and bright lights! lol.

At present they both think I'm growing tomatoes.....which will become awkward in 8 weeks time....I personally wouldn't mind my kids knowing, just don't want them to tell other kids, who then tell their parents...etc etc.

Just curious, how many parents growing out there?, and do the kids know?, do you trust them to keep it silent if they do?.

My little people helped mix my coco/perlite for transplanting yesterday...I enjoy growing with them...just wish I could let them know what I'm growing without fear of them talking!

2. If I had kids and grew I would keep shit behind a door and tell 'em that the boogie man lives on the other side and he has a fuckin' axe so don't go in there! :cool:

3. Build them a 8 x 8 green house and grow lots of things that are not cannabis and teach them. then they have their own plants.

As far as the grow room get a lock on the door.

Our youngest is 21 and she smokes like a train.

4. I would either lock the door with deadbolts or just dump the kids off in another state.

LOL I'm kidding about dumping the kids. Don't do that. Thats a fucked up thing to do. Just deadbolt the door.

Why don't you introduce them to the marijuana culture?

Haha i'm kidding again. Don't do that. It's against the law.

A sick mind is a terrible thing to waste.

5. Loving the answers so far guys!....either dump em, tell em death awaits upon entry, or build em their own greenhouse.....decisions decisions! ;)

The greenhouse idea would be great Snoop, just don't have the space unfortunately....and to be honest, if I did, it would be more likely to become the vegging area lol.

Deadbolts might work O.S.S, but they would most likely become even more curious about what I'm doing in the secret room they aren't allowed in....probably will be the route I take though, don't see a better option at present.

And Oscar, if I tell the 7 year old there is a boogeyman with an axe he will grab his plastic nun chucks and get ready to kick some ass....he has no fear! lol :)

6. If it's illegal where you live don't do it. You know you can get your kids taken away from you yet you still want to grow. What an irresponsible parent. 

7. #7 8ight, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Sounds like a very, very bad idea to me... if you're growing illegally and in an illegal state, the only person that should know about the grow is the grower. One casual comment to the wrong teacher from your kids and your family could get ripped apart.  

Is there no way to make the grow stealthier? A closet? Cabinet? Basement? I think you should be treating the grow as if you had a non marijuana-friendly roommate. They should know nor be suspicious. A deadlock is a temporary fix, but I'd look for alternatives for the long-term. 

8. I'm not a parent, nor do I live in a place where growing is illegal.

But my unwarranted opinion is that it depends on your kids. Do you trust them not to mentions Dad's garden? Can you explain to them the consequences of what could happen if anybody found out about Dad's medicine tent?

If not, lock that shit up and fib. You don't want anyone touching your tomatoes, therefore no kiddos allowed.

9. Yea man watch urself that 11 year old is reaching the age where he is gunna know what's up. And I bet he will brag about it to friends lmao.

It's all just one big conspiracy

10. I wouldnt show a kid a birds nest lol
    They have no concept of keeping thier traps shut, and if someone is suspicious of what you're up to.

Well lets just say it wouldn't be that difficult to trip up the little crust grabbers.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Deadbolt and get some good window locks and curtains, tell them they're special Mediterranean tomatoes and they can't go in there because they could bring in germs that could make them sick or something. Also go to home depot and pick up a tomato plant, give it to them. Tell them it's one of the ones you grew and it's their job to water it and take care of it so they don't get suspicious.

12. #12 Enigma, Aug 29, 2014
    Wrong thread

13. #13 J.T, Aug 29, 2014
    Id be nervous as fuck if I was you OP

As has been said this is an ill conceived idea dude

Think about it if most grown folks can barely keep their mouth shut what makes you think small children will be able to hide the fact

That their father is growing "tomatoes" in the spare bedroom

Frankly Id be surprised if they have not told at least one friend already

This is one of those times where the consequences faaaaaaar outweigh the benefits

Worst case scenario is your kids get taken by CPS

Is getting stoned for less money worth it?

14. It's illegal to buy pirate dvd's too, but I do that as well....my kids get to watch all the latest Disney movies without me needing a 2nd mortgage, so it works for me.

For the record Mr Judgemental, I'm separated from their mother, and usually only have them on weekends, just more recently due to school holidays, so as the non custodial parent there is no issue of having them taken from me.

And I'm growing 8 plants...under 9 is a personal grow, therefore should I get caught, the punishment would most likely be a fine and a few hours pruning hedges for free for the elderly.

You don't know me, my personal situation, or my parenting methods, so calling me an irresponsible parent means about as much to me as it should to you if I called you an opinionated halfwit.

15. IMO, we should only tell people if it's absolutely necessary. If you can get away with keeping it a secret, I think that's a safer plan. By telling people about it, even if it's people we love the most, we make them accomplices, and we make them partly responsible.

16. Cheers for the input guys :) I should have mentioned I'm in the UK, and only growing 8 plants, so it's only a slap on the wrist should I get caught anyway...and after next week the kids will be back at school, and only be here 2 days every 2 weeks.

5 weeks in so far and they haven't said a word.....I have told them it's our secret garden and not to mention it to anybody,and so far so good....well proud of them!

Just have to invest in a shit ton of tomatoes I suppose, or a few tomato plants for them to tend elsewhere in the final month (cheers Enigma).

17. #17 Judgement, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Don't lie to kids and when in a place where it is illegal to grow you are running a huge risk being a parent, stop it..

edit: Ohh just saw your last 2 post, not as serious as if in he US I guess..

18. I agree entirely bro, didn't intend on them knowing initially, but sods law meant that they were here when pretty much everything I ordered arrived.

Thing is I'm not too worried about them saying anything, I doubt they will, and even if they do, right now they still think I'm growing tomatoes, so if they tell their friends that for whatever reason I don't think they will feel the need to tell their parents too, who will then feel the need to call the police to make sure....lol.

19. Nah bro, 8 plants is a personal grow...with no previous record it's nothing serious. :)

I don't understand how things work for you guys over there....some states have it legal, some send you to prison for years...seems madness to me.

20. yeah here I'd lose my kids and be in prison for years lol