Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Cannibas Cough

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by FinbotheGreat, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Hello Grasscity forums! Iv'e recently began smoking 6-7 months ago and it seems ive found a problem. There is this cough i have, It feels like something is in the back of my throat and no matter how much i cough it doesn't fix it. It wakes me up every morning between 3am and 7am and im definitely not enjoying it :(

Iv'e seen other articles about it and people just say "Keep smoking" and as much as i wanna keep smoking i just wanna get rid of this cough so i can actually have a good nap.
    So im wondering GC what are some tips i could use to not cough as much? And new methods and remedy's? like something that will sooth the cough so its not as bad.

By the way i use a cheech glass, double honey comb perc bong. I usually don't smoke jays or much else but hit bong :bongin:

If anyone knows and info on just to help me out in the slighest it would be greatly appreciated! :gc_rocks:

2. #2 SlightlyStonedSD, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Do you cough while you smoke? I'm assuming if you smoke cigarettes you would have mentioned that in the original post.

Any personal or family history with asthma?

3. Keep coughing until you cough up some tar (not kidding) some peoples lungs clean themselves out regularly, and other peoples lungs let it fill up until you eventually cough up something to clean it out. If you can't manage to cough something up quit smoking altogether and move to alternatives like edibles or maybe dabs

4. I recommend a hot tea with honey prior to bed. You'll feel better falling asleep.2

5. #5 FinbotheGreat, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    I cough while i smoke yes, And i don't smoke cigarettes but my mom and dad usually do. Nobody in my family has asthma, The weirdest part about it is my brother has been smoking for 2 years more than me but he doesnt seem to cough at all, And he smokes jays much more than me. I also forgot to mention at the beginning that i am a fan of smoking rezin and i usually would scrape my bong each time after using it and smoke the rez in the bowl, Even one time i accidently smoked the downstem rez :hide:

6. haha ok ill try, Speaking of tar, I smoke rezin quite frequently if that might be the problem

Ok ill try this one out tonight and tell you how it goes :)

7. its called smokers cough. its actually a good thing because your body has the ability to cough up tar that would otherwise just sit in your lungs. i laugh at people who cant do this because i know their lungs have so much shit in them haha

8. Does that mean eventually its just going to go away if i keep coughing?

9. no, the only way to stop it (as far as i know) is to stop smoking lol. that means you have to eat it, vape it or dabs.

10. put your bong in the freezer before you toke, you know its ready when you see ice forming on it. Cough drops help as well

11. Thanks :) this cough is causing hell to me, I cant even get up the stairs of finish a sentance without being exhausted and having to take a breather.