1St Grow Journal ~ Single Plant Closet Cfl Grow ~ Bagseed Headband

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TrichomeDome420, Aug 29, 2014.

1. This is the zephrayhills bottle and how the setup looks now. Oh yeah and my plant is either 11 or 12 days old now.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411532560.696727.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411532593.158312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. This is my first grow as well man I'm also using cfl's whatcha think? You need a shit ton of cfl's as well man lol I'm running 14 and I'm pushing out 21,000 lumens wish I could push out even more but money is a bit right right now. XD I wish you the best of luck.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411532793.204699.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411532869.350932.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411532887.087129.jpg

3. I'm actually using 5 bulbs in my hood and one right next to my plant vertically to get my stem and lower leaves as much light as possible and I'm also using full spectrum lighting .

4. Not to burst your bubble but you should look co2 supplementing on here or other sites than youtube. I don't think you can produce enough co2 with the side bottle set to matter for the plant. Neat concept I just encourage you to do some prying on the subject. I am pretty sure you have to be at like 1000 ppm for co2 to help plant and I am pretty sure the soda bottle trick won't give you those kinda numbers.

5. I know I was just looking for a temporary way to make sure there is definitely some co2 in the air. I have my grow closet air sealed and I don't want the air inside to become stale.

6. I'm actually going to go to my near by paintball store and get a 6500 psi carbon fiber tank and a remote cord which I will puncture holes with a needle and turn down enough to feel the co2 coming out. I'm not getting any of my idea from YouTube either. I don't use YouTube as a grow guide. I like 420 mag and these forums.

7. That's good to hear youtube sucks, I wasn't trying to be an was about it only concerned. I saw a guy on YouTube recommend drilling more holes in your bucket half way through growing so that you can trim your roots. That didn't sound like a good plan. Closets are always trick without vent fans, an with a small cfl grow it's hard to justify venting or co2 supplementing.
    I would like to paint the world green with mj. Hoping you add you little corner of green to the picture!

8. #88 TrichomeDome420, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    It's crazy though just yesterday morning my plant was looking rugged and about 4 hours after adding the first two litter and the water bottle it's like my plant came back to 100%.
    I also added 2 more 2 L bottles behind the white platform.

9. What do you guys think ? 14 days old.

10. What do you guys think ? 14 days old

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411762630.132848.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411762675.051151.jpg

The angle of my camera made a dark background.

11. She looks small but happy. It is very odd how they start off growing so slow it seems. Then after like 5 weeks of growing from seed they just explode and it is hard to keep up with them. Keep it up, keep her watered lighted and she will love you for it.

12. Why is there a cover on your soil? I am not saying you can't cover soil up only that you should be careful and mae sure that your soil is able to dry out still. If it stays wet all the time the plant won't get air at the roots.

13. I wanted as much reflection for undergrowth as possible and the so is drying just fine. I'm still watering every 3 days .

14. #94 tmntgrower, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
    Leaves have evolved to use light energy from the top as Sun rarely is reflected to underside of leaf. Oxygen is released from bottom the top absorbs energy. So after the light is reflected you count in the fact the bottom of leaf isn't as adapt at photosynthesis, I am not sure it will really do much good in that manner. Outdoor growers use plastic on buckets normally black to keep soil temperatures more stable. I am not trying to tell you to take it off only trying to inform you from what I have read.

Also I don't know if the light was raised for picture or if that's where u are running it at. With cfl's you want the light 2'' from the top to make the most of that plant.

15. #95 TrichomeDome420, Oct 1, 2014
    I hear you but it isn't so much for the leafs as it is for the stem. Without lst or anything I have nice side growth coming through now and I haven't bent her at all. I think I can see about 8 places that will turn to tops later down the road if I'm seeing what I think I see. I'll post pics soon and you tell me.

16. I find it unlikely, your plant is still really a seedling. Again I don't use for but with my led light anything that grows that low on my plant, just gets cut off later as my plant gets taller. Your plant will get taller and the lower th branch top whatever the less production you get from it. Cfl puts restrictions on how large a plant you can grow and keep productive however. I assume you are following other cfl grow threads on here and seeing what the successful guys are doing?

17. #97 #watercharges, Oct 1, 2014
    Nice grow man! Goodluck!
    Just move your girl closer to the light 2-3 inches

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum