1St Grow Journal ~ Single Plant Closet Cfl Grow ~ Bagseed Headband

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TrichomeDome420, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I have my own place :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I got my new lighting a few hours ago. 4 CFL at 100w 5000k
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409387147.779882.jpg

3. So do you think I have enough watts ? And is 5000k good for veg ?

4. No, you don't have enough light. It will be enough for your little seedling for a couple of days but you NEED around 5000 lumens for optimum growth at this point. You might also find the need to add more lights as you plants get bigger. Cfls only penetrate the first couple inches of canopy. to ripen lower buds it's a good idea to add supplemental lighting on the lower parts of your lady ;)

5000 will stimulate chlorophyll pretty well, however optimum growth occurs in the 6500 range. The further you get from 6500, the more your plant is likely to stretch (however this type of stretching is often negligible, although I wouldn't encourage using flowering bulbs during your veg cycle).

In short:
    More lights. Mix your spectrum so you are using mostly 65k (or 50k) in veg and mostly ~27k when your plant starts to show signs of flowering.

veg

5. Well my bulbs are 1600 lumens a piece so I'm running 6400 lumens combined and it's 100w at 5000k. That's still not enough ? And yes as my plant grows I will be adding more lights.

6. I scrolled past your update before my bad. Yeah that's good to start. As I'm sure you know it's cheap/easy to add more so just see how your temps are to start, but as the plant gets bigger you'll find that more is always better. And remember that you want them no further than 3" from the plant

7. Ok cool. What do you think about my bulb spacing ?

8. #28 TrichomeDome420, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    How should I water ? And how do I know when it's to dry ?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409503157.007806.jpg

9. I'm still setting up all my reflective materials, but here's the starting of my grow closet.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409523547.663152.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409523572.568619.jpg

10. That's not really good positioning. Basically the plant is not getting any light because the only light hitting it is like a quarter of the bottom of each bulb.
    And just mist the soil slightly as it starts to dry out. Not too much. You want to have to mist 2+ times a day

11. I forgot to post this here but I made a good
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409627736.903906.jpg

12. Dig the innovation.

13. #33 TrichomeDome420, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Thanks man. It actually works pretty good. Stands up to the heat and reflects awesomely. And I also picked up plain white wrapping paper for the walls to.

14. Just an idea for the future when using Bagseed. Plant at 3-4. When you can sex them save one. It's a gamble planting one because it's 50/50 you get a male. Means starting over and that's a total bummer.

15. Yeah I know. But I actually started this grow cause I found the seed and it was the first seed I've found in a batch in forever.

16. Well if you haven't seen any others it's very likely that the seed will end up being a female. Supposedly, I don't know for certain, but if you get a seed off a female plant that has not been near a male. You will get a feminized seed.

17. Whats the best place to buy seeds online?

Sent from my C6730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Alright that's sick man. I really am just going To experiment with this one. Just see why it can do.

19. Doesn't grass city sell seeds ?

20. I don't know. I researched and found Amsterdam marijuana seeds to be a reliable source. So I purchased some ganja dwarf seeds

Should have a gnarly grow journal soon