1St Grow Journal ~ Single Plant Closet Cfl Grow ~ Bagseed Headband

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TrichomeDome420, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I germinated for 30 hr's although I had root development in 20 hr's now I'm just waiting to see my seedling sprout. Organic pod organic soil. 2 14w green CFL.

So how does it look so far, ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409302108.901537.jpg any advise ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Plants can't use green light - in fact I read that they cant even see green light(they think it's still night), not sure how true that is...get 6500k CFLs on them.

3. I read that your plant doesn't even use light for energy till the first node grows in. Also that seedlings grow off of oxygen, moisture, and warmth. So for now I thought the two lights would just be a good heat source to keep the humidity level up... Correct me if I'm wrong.

4. What..? No, as soon as the cotyledons show it begins photosyntheis. You have to have a light it is able to use or you'll end up with a plant stretching trying to get light and just flops over because the stem can't support it.

5. dude you should do some reading before killing innocent plants. What did they do to you?

Let's Smoke About It.....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack

6. Looks fine to me. You'll definitely need more light by the end of the week

7. Yeah I've been looking into which ones I should get.

8. CFLs? You want 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower.

9. Is it ok to use 2700k just for now maybe for a day or two ?

10. #10 CanadianOrganic, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Yeah, thats fine.
    Try and grab a 4 pack. That would be ~100 watts which would do ya for now. They sell for under 5$ at Walmart.

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409318919.574314.jpg

12. There only 13W 2700K, is that good for a seedling or should I add more lights ?

13. That's fine if thats all you have to work with, if its just for a day or two like you said

14. Yeah your light is fine for now. There are many people who swear by cfl because bulbs are inexpensive and efficient yet still can create nice flowers. However, most of the horticultural world would probably argue that HID is the tired and true champion of indoor lighting.

15. #16 painterdude, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    I have done plenty of indoor grows with CFL's. I actually switched to t-5's 4 years ago. Best move I made. Easy, no overheating, no plant burn if you don't look for a few days.

Get some dome reflectors and equivalent to 100w CFL's. You can also use both veg and flower bulbs mixed during veg. Lots of people thinks it actually helps. I haven't noticed a difference.

16. I'm about to go to walmart and get lights. Any suggestion of exactly which ones ?

17. #18 painterdude, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    I couldn't possibly remember, but at my WalMart they are with the other fluorescent lamps. Wish I could remember.

Just looked at mine. On the back they say Lights of America, but I don't know if that's the brand or not. It's the biggest lettering on it.

18. #19 TrichomeDome420, Aug 30, 2014
    Does the size of my grow space matter when It comes to watts ?
    I have a 3x5x9 closet and that's where I planned on growing. And my plant and equipment is all that will be in there ?

19. #20 painterdude, Aug 30, 2014
    I never have really payed too much attention to wattage. I am more about getting light to as many points of the plant as possible. I would paint those closet walls flat white. Put some reflective wrapping paper on the floor and all the walls rather painting them. Put a few clip on cone shaped reflector lights and hit them from the sides too. It is gonna smell come flower time so be prepared for it.