Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Opinions On Rolling Machines?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by skalskilaw, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Hi there, I know it's annoying seeing yet another post about rolling. So I thank you for helping me out.

The problem is, I'm crippled. I have limited use of my right hand. Smoking is already a task lol. I love smoking joints, next to bongs it's my favorite way to smoke.

I've seen rolling machines for cigarettes and thought that would work perfectly to roll joints. Someone once told me they are shut because you "lose weed doing this". To be honest I don't know how you would lose weed.

So my question is have you ever used a rolling machine and/or would you suggest it?

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

2. No weed is "lost" there may be a bit left in the confines of the machine but you can just throw that in the end of the joint. that guy doesnt know what hes talking about. machines roll straight slow burning cig like joints. Buy one

3. I have a rolling machine because I find rolling hard and personally I find they conserve the most weed compared to rolling by hand and with a card.. I really like the end product, nice thin cigarette like joints that burn perfect. I have a kingsized roller and I can use it for blunts as well so its a great investment! Buy one! 

4. I find they usually roll it too tight and stopped using them. If you twist the bottom corner on the front of the paper its easier to roll with one hand because you don't have to worry about weed coming out that end. Just my 2 cents.

5. When I used to use one, I noticed they would be really tight at first, but I just wasn't using enough bud...Once I started putting a little more in my joints they would roll nice and burn great, I just don't really smoke joints anymore as I usually am using glass.

6. I had one for years, worked great, I found the tightness of the joint could be helped by how much you roll it before you put the paper in, if you rolled it back and forth too much in the machine it would get very tight, you only need to do it briefly, a filter on the end helped a lot as well, others may work differently however, this was just a simple acrylic roller with a plastic type sheet in between you get for a couple dollars.

7. Yea, they're inexpensive and they get the job done. Might as well try, right?

8. To me a machine is just another way of saying im to lazy to learn. I used to use them but once I learned how to roll by hand I would prefer that any day, plus I think its a skill every stoner should have. Stay faded :smoking:

9. You can order a zig zag roller that comes with several packs of the slow burns. It works pretty good for a cheap man powered machine. May be hard to use with your hand as it does require some of the same procedures as rolling by hand.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 youngtok, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    definitaley get a roller. i jut got my Raw king size Roller yestersay, and its amazing. i personally find it harder to roll joints then blunts. it rlls them nice and tight. great investment.

11. I don't know what's up with me but I have been trying roll for years and just can't do it right. I should pick one of these up since I blow at rolling.

12. Hey if you only have the use of one hand why not give it a try?  I had one years ago and didn't like it. It was too fiddly and seemed like I needed to put more into it than I would normally put in a joint. Maybe they're better now. 

13. Well I definitely can see why you would need one because of your hand.
    I remember when I bought one. It was a Juicy Jay king size roller but people who use rollers are made fun of for not knowing how to roll manually in my group.

14. There are all sorts of rolling machines. Ide find one that you dont have to roll, there is one where u get it all set up and pull down a leaver and pop! Out it comes. The reason for it being to tight is because there is to much weed. Duh.

15. Thanks everyone, you've been great help. I went to a smoke shop and picked one up. I haven't tried yet but I'll let you know.

16. #16 TheAnswer121, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    use yer mitts ;)

[​IMG]

sorry couldn't resist posting before reading your OP

they work well from what i hear, might want to get 2 though, just in case one fucks up. don't wanna be stuck waiting for a replacement

17. I just rolled my first joint, looks alright. I'll smoke it later!

18. I support rolling machines

19. No weed is lost during the rolling process. In between hits, your precious dank is just burning away into the atmosphere. I use a rolling machine because they roll perfect joints. Yes I have been suggesting that for over a year to everyone on GC. Good luck and enjoy.

20. I beg to differ. It will not smoke because your weed is really sticky, and you rolled it too tight. One thing i have learned about RM is if you have sticky weed, don't roll it too tight. Just tight enough. But yeah, I have rolled too tight of a joint from a rolling machine and it did not smoke and had to be re-rolled GRRR.