Looking To Trade In My Cadillac For 2015 Subaru Wrx Sti?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by smokinbudzzz, Aug 28, 2014.

1. I'd get the Subaru

I'm also jealous you have that option

Meanwhile I'm looking at $5000 beaters

Omega369

2. I love STi's...by far the best vehicle I've ever owned.

I prefer the older body styles myself but the newer ones are sweet.

Attached Files:

That would be very cool! I wouldn't do it on a 60k budget, but then again idk the OP's standard income to keep up with gas, insurance, and repairs. Much more cool than an STi!

My vote is still STi :p

4. Ehhh, R35 GTR's are a half step above a a viper.

They're like the Bud Lite of exotics

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Wow that car could be a sleeper, doesn't look that fast at all. Kinda looks like a dodge dart IMO. 

6. You were saying in op you wanted somthing that does not feel like a boat you may be able to "go fast" but if your looking for somthing with that feeling this is not going to do it for ya

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

7. I'm definitely not a fan of Dodge, but will it be a boat? Just browsing the site can only tell me so much, but it doesn't seem that bad. When I think of a car that's a boat I think lots of dead area in the steering and ridiculously lush, but poor, suspension. Like a 96 Caprice Classic, that's a boat haha.

OP may differ.

8. my cousin came over in a 2015 wrx dark blue black rims today, it was pretty nice looking and kinda had the front profile of the brz. It sounded cool too, its his girls car not his though

9. #30 invinciblejets, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    No way this "new" charger is not going to be a boat.
    It will have shitty steering it will have shitty suspension even tho they say they redesigned it what that means in America is they put 12kg spring in because they think hard suspension means good suspension these cars are junk and always will be if someone wants a good powerful American sedan the cts v is the way to go now that car is not a about

And that is the srt website of course it going to be all spiced up with there propaganda bullshit like "ohh gas shocks" "ohh leather"
    "Omg are those brembos!"
    That charger is stupid they should at least accept its roots and make it a muscle car rather than trying to be like those "European" sedans.

Americans...facepalm.

Well you are also just putting out opinion. Until you drive one I'll lightly take into consideration what you are saying. However I don't think you would be praising this Dodge if they didn't put any new suspension, brakes, etc. in. If it was just the car with a big engine would you like it then?

Anyway I haven't driven it so I don't know, and neither do you. I have driven multiple CTS-V and V-Sports though. Terrible cars, especially for the money. Cadillacs are such a jip.

Americans... stereotyped and generalized by all. Not that I care :p

11. #32 invinciblejets, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    It is opinion when it comes down to it but none the less that charger is trash just a big hot wheels At least the cts v does what it's supposed to even though they are little expensive....
    I would like it if it was just an honest muscle car with a big engine and nothing else because at least it would not be trying to be somthing it's not.
    Maybe I hate it so much because ever since the new chargers came out I've wanted to like than but I can't I just can't haha idk
    We both have opinions and assholes so what ev

Yeah I'm definitely not a fan of almost anything Dodge haha. I surely would never buy a Charger, but I wouldn't mind driving that one just to see :)

I think maybe we can agree on having something fun, like a awd turbo STi lol.

13. I finally understand your username haha

Omega369

14. #35 Scars, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Vipers make great power but suck as far as weight ratio and handling. I would only feel safe in a Viper going in a straight line. On the other hand, I would love to throw around a  GT-R on a closed circuit.

Every car has it's ups/downs. OP needs to ask himself several question before dropping 60 stacks.

15. Why is the CTS-V a terrible car in your opinion/experience?

16. #37 mercinariesgtr, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    never driven one but i imagine that they are excellent for what they are, a 560 hp sedan. If you are looking for a track spec corvette you arent going to be happy with the thing. Car and driver seem like them and still talk about them even though they haven't been available for a while, you know its good if its not a bmw and is getting their praise. I ve been trying to get my father to buy one (or an m3) for a while but he is weird about spending money on a car. He owns a company and has always bought himself vehicles through the company example: currently hes driving a 2014 ford transit...idk if you ve driven em but they re pretty lame.
    I dont see why people are still throwing all these ideas out at the OP, the new sti is a nice car and will have a warranty and such plus comes in very comfortably under the budget. Seems like a great reason to look no further, op wants something for the snow so IMHO a  2015 sti is way more practical than a couple year old caddy or few year old gtr etc. 60k is a lot of money to drop on a used semi-exotic when a ~30k new car is your ideal purchase

It's a $70k muscle car, but sold through Cadillac. The electronics inside on the brand new one I was driving were broken. The heated seats, rear-view backup camera, and main radio screen (the LCD panel) didn't work on the other one I drove. Non specific to the V, but it's a very ugly looking bulky car. Ride is not that great, I didn't feel like comfort or handling really had priority here. Visibility is also something that bothered me, but I suppose that can be said for more than just this muscle car.

If it were a $40k car I would think it was much better, but the price point really threw me off. In addition the V-sport models I have driven were woefully slow in comparison to other cars, and their numbers.

That's just me, you probably won't see me in a Caddy dealership.

18. It still baffles me why people would rather spend $80-$100k on a new viper/gtr instead of a barely used Gallardo or R8...so much better built cars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Can't argue with that.