Looking To Trade In My Cadillac For 2015 Subaru Wrx Sti?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by smokinbudzzz, Aug 28, 2014.

1. I want to get a new car that is a little more sportier. I own a 2008 Cadillac DTS and was looking at the new 2015 WRX sti. Anyone own one of these or have any comments about this vehicle? Don't get me wrong the Cadillac is nice but it takes premium gas and guzzles it like there is no tomorrow, also feels huge on the road. It's a nice ride but not something i want anymore since it feels like a boat to me lol. I know the ride quality is probably better in the Cadillac but don't like the feel of it when your driving it. 

2. the new stis are nice but i hope you dont expect a huge mpg gain, its gunna take premium too (im like 99% sure)

Yeah the premium gas is not really a problem, the problem i have with the Cadillac that it guzzles gas. Like it's like $85 to fill and just guzzles it. The Cadillac does have decent power but i'm sure the Sti is faster? Plus i really want a standard over the 4 speed automatic the Cadillac has. 

4. Sti is a better car if you want that special feeling from a car though I think it's better anyway...
    A lot faster than that boat and it goes around corners better.
    Sounds and looks amazing.
    I don't see any down sides op get it

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

5. Was also looking at a couple other cars like the Camaro zl1? My budget is around $60,000, that's including the trade-in. I just want something that is quick and is a blast to drive. 

6. Zl1 is bad ass
    Nice budget so look around at all cars read reviews their are so many amazing sports cars for that money don't just snap on somthing ya know

7. Definitely try a new STi if you can. That'll still take premium gas, and get less than great mileage if you are a heavy foot. It will also have a lesser quality interior for the price as compared to another luxury car (like your Cadillac). The upside is you probably won't care because of how fun it will be. I have driven older WRX and STi cars that were stock, and some modded. Very fun, plus I'm a child when it comes to turbos.

Other options would be a Volvo S60 R-Design, but that won't be a full manual. It'l be auto stick with paddle shift, something I am not fond of.

If it were me though I would buy this http://us.caterhamcars.com/cars/seven-360 and then with the leftover money a used Volvo V70R with a manual (04-07) for the rainy days.

8. I'm also kinda looking for something i can drive in the winter time and since the Subaru is AWD is makes sense....

9. Yeah The V70R or S60R manuals are also AWD. You could get one for $10-15k low miles and make some serious power with extra money... and then still have tens of thousands left over. Same with an older STi. I know the Caterham is mostly a track car, so not the most practical.

I guess in the end a nice brand new 2015 sti would be the best if you have $60k to spend. Might as well have new, nice, fast, reliable, and a little left over.

10. Save the money and pick up an older model one owner sti.

If it was my money thats what I would do.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. For 60k I'd personally would go with an infiniti m45. Power and probably handles way better than the caddy.

12. Check out evos too.

13. The sti is a nasty car, if you romp it it will get sideways if you want it to. It's a fun car but not a car you'll want for 60 months

14. if you got 60k budget and want an sti then by all means get one. Just because you have the dough to play with doesnt mean you have to spend it all on one thing, especially if something thats ~1/2 your budget is exactly what you want. That being said you could definately get a new sti and have a sweet exhaust/tune/suspension and probably still come in under 40 if you got a sti that was a year old or something. Going under budget also opens you up to go get something else, maybe you ve always wanted a fox body/miata/3-4th gen camaro/sn-95/older vette/etc.

15. #15 Scars, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    Get the new '14 Evo GSR. I test drove one last week and it was a lot of fun. You feel very confident in the car.

16. yup. build something. 

17. #17 Scars, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    You got 60k?

Quit being a pussy and buy a GT-R.

[​IMG]

18. Or, if you are a gear head like the rest of us, get a C5 Z06.

You'll have plently of money left over to build it however you see fit.

I shouldn't have to tell you about the LSX potential.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Buy a GT-R with 60k? I'd like to see that, those are some nice cars. Wide, but nice.

A corvette wouldn't really be practical. Buuuut then again I just don't like them :confused_2:

20. You can find a used GT-R for around $55k without too much effort.