Sister Of Boston Bombing Suspect Arrested In Nyc

Discussion in 'Politics' started by garrison68, Aug 28, 2014.

1. I'm somewhat with garrison on this, in that if there is substantial indication of radical extremism whether religious or political in nature then they should be investigated within legal reason and if substantiated they should be deported. And just to clarify further, the indicators would have to be as such: Boasting violent rhetoric on social sites, funding and support of extremists abroad, and discovered plans of premeditated violence in name of their own extremism. But of course, deportation after a trial in a court of law.

But the government kind of does this already, though in more of a clandestine/trample on U.S. citizen rights sort of way.

Kind of like that young man who left the U.S. to fight with ISIS(or whatever acronym Islamic state goes by now) and then they found his body among those fighters. If he had lived and wanted to return to the U.S. I don't think I would have let him.

2. #42 rain dancer, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    What good is deportation with an open, unprotected, unguarded southern border?

I dont get it.

3. garrison the liberal wants a fence there. :lol:

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. That makes sense, I mean if impoverished Mexican nationals can slink through the desert into the U.S. then what stops enemies of U.S. getting in.

Let's just treaty with mexico and Canada and become a full North American nation. Would probably complicate things a little but would increase our collective strength as one nation. Wasn't there a conspiracy about this in the early two thousands?

5. #45 yurigadaisukida, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    garrison is calling for the ddeportation of "all people like her" without trials.

None of us disagree that if there is a threat it should not be ignored.

The issue here is due process.

6. I mean I live in southern california. Ive worked with a couple illegal aliens at shit jobs that fled back across the border after murdering citizens in car crashes, unlicensed n shit. Had a guy spend a night (worked nights) telling me how he smuggled his family in, in speaker boxes. Theyve been catching people from all over the world entering through mexico, not just mexicans.

I know a fence works in some places, maybe not others, seems impractical to me, but so does deportation without secure borders.

7. Did garrison outright say "deportation without a trial"? I didn't read through this thread too hardily though, may have missed it if he did.

But I guess my post was a little into the wind and was more or less just my two cents.

8. He said something like,we need to deport "these people" and do we really need to wait or them to do something?

So yeah.

Reminds me of executive order 9066 tbh.

9. I was talking about the Boston Marathon bomber family.  I have no compunction about calling them "these people", in fact I think I'm being over-polite in this case.  

10. There ya go

11. #51 yurigadaisukida, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    "and all foreigners like them"

No comment

12. It wasn't made clear in your initial post. Forgive my insinuation. Apparently, I wasnt the only one confused by that line. Your clarification was necessary imo.

13. It's not racist to call out a murderer.

But, that's not what you are doing. You are connecting his actions with everyone of the Muslim faith. And it is racist as fuck to suggest that we should send "them" anywhere, without regard to their citizenry.

The kid who bombed the marathon, was just that. An 18 year old kid, who spent the majority of his life living in the US, with American friends. To blame his actions on a religion, is not looking at the whole picture.

You're entitled to your opinion, but it is what it is- a bigoted, biased, racist opinion. This isn't the first time that you've expressed such blatant opinions on the Islam faith.

To give you credit, I realize you are opposed to religion in general, and you don't give Christians much leniency either. But, majority of the people in our prisons are of the Christian faith, and I don't see you screaming to deport any of them.

14. Ahh I see now, the foreigners part sounds like garrison meant people that are not citizens and if that's the case, I'm not to sure about their rights against deportation. But the sisters, if I'm not mistaken, like the rest of the the family are U.S. citizens. Then in their case they would require a court of law to exact an order of deportation.

I'm with pokesmot, I would like clarification of garrisons full opinion. Maybe we're closer to being on the same page than we think.

15. #55 garrison68, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Being against religious fanaticism is the only intelligent solution, it's not "bigotry".  

Faith in itself is wrong, and destructive to human life.  The more it spreads, like a disease, the more the cancer of extremism will proliferate, until there's nothing left.  

I have no problem with deporting foreign terrorists of any creed or religion, or using the full extent of the law against murderous Xians.  

16. If I was a bigot, believe me I would not live in NYC, which has the most diversity of any city or location in the entire world.   :hello:   

17. Being against any fanaticism should be humanity's goal. Reason and logic go out the window with extremism.

18. To clarify a little, you're not for deporting all of a certain faith but for deportation of proven extremists of a faith?

And to penelope.
    What is it to be ignorant or bigoted against a religion? Its not really racist because religion is not race, but is there a specific word just for that sort of bigotry?

19. garrison finally flipped his lid..

do you think it's ok to deport those who have extremist thoughts, but no plans of ever committing violence?