1St Grow Need Some Insight Please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chronicxxx, Aug 28, 2014.

1. So I started my first grow with some bag seed. Everything is going pretty well except my one sprout (the biggest) is showing some leaf wrinkling. I'm a total noob so I'm not 100% the issue but it seems it may be overwatering? Just trying to get some insight and maybe a few pointers  :smoke:

Also I am only using about 100-150w worth of cfl's for these sprouts till my 600w ballast comes in.

Has anyone used this one before? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008H15WFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. looks dry to me. dont those containers get water soked easy? looks wilted, to wet looks like a claw. give it a drink and put your cfls close let her go.

3. #3 CallMeAria, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    She looks healthy. Your first couple leaves aren't always going to be perfect on the young ones grown from seed.

I don't see any signs of over watering, either.

That looks identical to the Apollo setup I bought a couple years ago (sans the cooltube). I still use it to veg my girls indoors over winter.

4. Plant that whole thing in a 1 gallon soon. It looks fine.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good to hear, thanks for all the input guys! I'll get it in 1 gal soon as well.

I'll also keep this post updated through my grow most likely.

6. I think I have a problem. Some seem to be dying. They started looking worse once I transplanted to bigger pots and got my 600w ballast installed.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410859688.041840.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410859769.264170.jpg

Here is a pic of the best looking one but it also has spots in some of the lower leaves. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410859970.947995.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. bump. anyone?

8. #9 Chronicxxx, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    That does sound a lot like it only they started dying from the tips and moved inward. And my ph levels were around 7 the last I checked a couple days ago, I will check today in just a little bit aswell. But everything else about the article sounds right esp the yellowing. Could it be lack of oxygen in the soil aswell?

9. PH levels of all my plants are between 6.6-6.8

10. you feeding them nutes? could be nute burn or def ?

11. No nutrients, until now. Doing a flush with phed water and fox farm grow big. As most of what im finding while looking it up is nitrogen def, Thats the closest I can find to what is going on.

12. Anyone else know?

13. Bump

14. looks like a nitro def, flush with ph water and check soil runoff ph aswell.
    idk too much tbh man

15. What soil you using?
    How often you watering?

16. #17 Chronicxxx, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    Off brand soil from a local store. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411184704.175830.jpg

Pic of the best looking one, will get pics of others soon. Water about every two day, but they are self watering pots so

17. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411246793.336491.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411246847.141787.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411246886.477541.jpg

18. That soil looks like it has very poor aeration, your roots are suffocating. Suffocating roots can cause nute deficiencies of all kinds. Your best plant looks like a N deficiency... if the other plants yellowed from bottom to top like that then they suffered from one as well. The spots are other deficiencies most likely resulting from the suffocating roots.

19. Is their any way for me to fix that now? Can I change the soil or is it too late?