If Religious Teachings On Hell Are True, God Is A Failure

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, Aug 28, 2014.

1. #101 Mr. Chops, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014
    I said to myself I was finished with this debate. This will be my final comment.

Those who espouse evolution state humans gradually gained intelligence. If created by a higher being, they could have been fully developed at the onset with as much intelligence as people today. Our advantage is thousands of years of accumulated knowledge. We know that the earth is round and orbiting the sun, which is also in a (galactic) orbit. However, when written, others taught the earth rested on the back of a turtle, Atlas held it, etc. When Columbus sailed, many thought the earth was flat. The Bible said the earth was round (Isa 40:22) and that God was "suspending the earth upon nothing" (Job 26:7).

Albert Einstein postulated the Theory of Relativity. He was pretty smart. Him and I could have talked for years and I doubt I'd be able to obtain but a bit of his knowledge. Even then, he would have to simplify it greatly. There are few possessing his intelligence. Take that to a higher level. If there is/was a Supreme Being capable of creating the cosmos, I doubt even Mr. Einstein could comprehend his vast knowledge. The obvious solution was to simplify things so people, with little information to draw upon, could at least have a rough idea of what transpired. Lack of acquired scientific knowledge, not "primitive", stupid, unintelligent creatures was the reason for the simplification. Jesus, who is NOT the Supreme Being, but his spokesman ("logos" or word) followed this pattern by using illustrations that would be familiar to those with whom he spoke.

You complain about me using the Bible translations. Did you not do the same thing? I rebutted comments YOU brought up. Why do you criticize me for using the Bible when you are the one who introduced it. Where are YOUR supporting facts? You incorrectly stated, as fact, that the people in Jesus' day would have known about the black orchid and its seed. This is a false statement. You throw things out "off the top of [your] head". (your words)

I am done with this debate. Thank you for the opportunity for some mental exercise.

"We played to you and you did not dance, we lamented and you did not wail."

2. I think hell exists (in religious scripture) because the people who created these religions recognised that evil and immorality will always exist. It also promotes fear in believers who might consider disobeying their religions rules. And what would be the point in adhering to a religion if not for the reward of going to heaven instead of hell?

3. Read the satanic bible.It has a lot of philosophy about what your questions.