If Religious Teachings On Hell Are True, God Is A Failure

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, Aug 28, 2014.

Lol, you're a lot more vacuous than I thought, if you really think that the exploitation of religion is the leading cause for the world's privation. How naive and blind you are.

2. The world isn't the way it is because man follows religion, rather it's because religion follows man.

3. #23 Mr. Chops, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    The religious teachings are NOT true regarding "hell". God is not a failure, mankind's religions are.

4. #24 Boats And Hoes, Sep 2, 2014

Do you believe souls get purged?

You don't believe that a Hitler or a Stalin will be recompensed, in some manner?

5. #25 Mr. Chops, Sep 2, 2014
    Man does not "have" a soul. Man IS a soul.

Only the one responsible for our existence has the right to decide what our future prospects are.

6. I believe they suffered while they were here. That was their hell. They lived by it; they died by it. They were not punished after death.

7. #27 ProGMO, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    What evidence is there that this consciousness was around before man? Awareness is a logical evolution of the human physiology based on our brain's ability to reason, nothing more. No need for ancient tribal myths or a gawd of the gaps as the default answer. Makes for cool stories when you are 5.

8. #28 Boats And Hoes, Sep 2, 2014

Man does not "have" a soul. Man IS a soul.

Okay... I didn't necessarily speak about what man has or what man is... I just asked you, if you believe that souls get purged?

Only the one responsible for our existence has the right to decide what our future prospects are.

I wouldn't disagree; I actually welcome such a reality.

Yet, are you saying that the one who is responsible for man's existence didn't forwarn, in some manner, what man can expect if he were to go left, or if he were go right?

9. #29 Boats And Hoes, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014

Is that how you would try a serial killer? By that standard?

I believe they suffered while they were here. That was their hell.

Yea, I'm pretty sure the oligarchs of this world don't live in hell, neither they die by it, rather, they're furiously perpetuating it.

So you'd say that Hitler didn't suffer? All because he was the leader of a empire?

11. #31 Boats And Hoes, Sep 2, 2014
    “Verily your deeds will be brought back to you, as if you yourself were the creator of your own punishement.”

IMHO, hell isn't a "punishment" in the external sphere with actual physical fire; it's a chastising atonement in the internal sphere for the ills a person once propagated -- "hoard what you once gave to hoard", as they would say.

I think think of "hell" as a perceptually simulated, i.e., immaterial, and perpetual, nightmare that you yourself authored...

How the hell would I know how much Hitler actually suffered on earth (prior to his rise)? Yet, notwithstanding, should that, his supposed suffering, justify and nullify what he did and intended to do?

Still, Hitler is only one person... just a figurehead... there are far more worse people than Hitler that we do not see (or rather, that we are not allowed and privileged to see).

12. Such a warning was given.

13. I'm only going off of the post I quotes when I joined the thread.

• Like Like x 1
    Indeed. Yet, do you, friend, personally believe that such a warning is wholly groundless?

15. "wholly groundless" By this do you mean without merit?

16. #36 Boats And Hoes, Sep 3, 2014

No, I meant to convey the question... is such a warning without any truth to it? That is, the warning given to one who intentionally, and obstinately, goes left.

17. #37 Mr. Chops, Sep 3, 2014
    Then my answer is no.

IOW The warning has validity and there is abundant evidence to those with open eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #38 Boats And Hoes, Sep 3, 2014

You mean like Divine premonitions? That only the individual can, personally, comprehend?

19. #39 Mr. Chops, Sep 3, 2014
    No.

A Supreme Being would logically put forth guidelines of what is and what is not acceptable. In such a manner as society's governments have put forth their guidelines. Actions have consequences. Obviously, I believe in a Supreme Being.

• Like Like x 1
    Then, in what way do you mean, Mr. Chops?

The warning has validity and there is abundant evidence to those with open eyes.