If Religious Teachings On Hell Are True, God Is A Failure

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Thejourney318, Aug 28, 2014.

1. I originally had this thought a number of years ago. But the thought popped up in my head during a conversation earlier today. If over half of the population goes to hell, God failed. His creating the world caused a greater amount of suffering than it did joy. So, in that case, God failed. He shouldn't have created the world. He messed up, big time. No matter WHAT religious belief is true, well under half of the population believes it. And if the doctrine is that non-believers go to hell, well over half of the population will go to hell. Thus, God failed.

2. #2 -13 Amp-, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    im not religious at all, but the religious counter would be that we failed god....

he was there always and the plan he had for us was there, we just didn't seek it out properly...

but we know that's bullshit as well

3. But God can't fail, he's perfect!

4. It's not true so don't fret

5. What is hell? What is god? What is coming and going?

A.) A mind state - a mental plateau.

B.) Spirit; intelligent will.

C.) They're spatial determinations. Yet, what's eternal cannot come and go.

7. Go away boats. You've missed the point. Your attachment to words is like a leaden weight dragging your struggling body beneath the surface of the lake.

8. #8 Boats And Hoes, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014

I'm attached to words? The guy who claims the "self" is an illusion... and that there is neither this nor that? Lol, and I'm the one employing wordplay?

9. Nobody knows the answer to any of those questions.

If you say you do you obviously are lying

10. Lol are you okay? Nothing was said of wordplay.

11. First I just want to say the whole concept of god is far too over-rated, second, The religion itself has good concepts, people need something to keep them in order (often times it doesn't.) let us notice the 10 commandments, thou shall not kill, thou shall not commit adultery? Seriously great morals to live by but if anyone's read the bible you'll notice in the beginning he's a very harsh unforgiving god, so I don't see why people need to believe in a all-knowing being especially a harsh one. Back when Jesus was around people would've believed anything, literally anything. I'm not gonna lie the idea of going to this perfect place with no suffering nor pain is quite appealing, but where even is heaven? For all we know it's only a state of mind. Let us not forget how powerful the human brain is. People should just live their lives right so that wherever you're supposed to go, if you go anywhere at all, people will know you lived a good and wholesome life. #highthoughts

12. #12 Boats And Hoes, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014

Lol, things haven't changed too much... in fact, it's even worse... in these days and times, people have actually convinced themselves that their eyes cannot be beguiled. Oh, what foolish faith people put in the microscope.

The tower of Babel, nowadays, is an intellectual edifice... but man will, again, fail, because of his obstinacy.

13. If God created everything, he didn't fail persay. He created hell, Satan, and the concept of failure.

14. Religion was created to control the masses...

15. #15 Annicus, Aug 30, 2014
    What if what you think was gods way was actually satans

Or what if there is no other option ?

Organized religion is a disease, killing more morals than what they claim is evil

Plus the most evil people think they are doing good, look at Hitler

16. #16 Alaric, Aug 30, 2014
    I do not believe in God, I try but I know too much about the holocaust to believe in God anymore.

However, just because we are on our own does not mean anything. We can do just as well with our own lofty ideals, what do you think we have been doing?

17. Why do negative things have to mean there is no God? Why can't there be a God who's an asshole?

18. Silly to put 'faith' in the microscope... Silly statement

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. religions prey on the poor and ignorant. Imagine how useful it was 300-2000 years ago. You had a kingdom of 1000s of impoverished and ignorant serfs or citizens. What a genius idea to make them feel comfortable in their zones of stupidity and poverty? They would have no reason to revolt as their real reward would be in heaven and the more you suffer on earth the better the afterlife. What a powerful tool back then!
    Look where religion is in decline and where it is expanding today. There is a direct proportion to expansion of the religions and places that are poor and uneducated. 

20. As explained in the bible: Consciousness existed before man exisited. Where did this consciousness come from?