Lonerangers Wild West Closet

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by LoneRanger11220, Aug 28, 2014.

1. I collected for a while a ways back only to realize itll take me like 20 years to go thru all of it since I learned I could clone lol. I thought cloning was something for the experts until I was schooled in my original thread.

Ive given 4 or 5 different packs away to friends to try since my interests had changed but this is what I have left.

Satori
    8 Miles High
    Safari mix

Nocturnal
    Tangerine Dream Hybrid
    Hazardous Creation
    Jerrys Kids aka TO x HNL5
    Mango Haze
    Grapefruit Badass
    Lemon Kush
    Original Sour Diesel
    Critical Hog
    Super Skunk
    C99
    Boss Hogg
    Darkstar
    Gigabud
    Vintage 2006
    Cum Laude
    Green Poison

They were mostly freebies minus a few in there from the tude when I used to order there. This was before I found the beauty in all the genetics here in the city :hello: haha

Ive had the freebies for like 3 years now lol
    1418861724305.jpg

2. Sweet! I have been collecting over the last year or so. Still order them when I come across something that looks good. Ha Ha, I was going over my collection the other day and I prolly have half that amount...and they weren't all freebies.

3. Oh nice! I really do wish Gs store was open still cause If I could buy anything from him again itd be Island Bubble and SupaCrunk.

Never got to try IB but heard great things about it. And SupaCrunk, well she is just something special in my eyes. One of my all time faves

4. Dude! We must have posted at the same time when you put that update out! I didn't even see it until just now. Damn man! That plant is almost all bud!!

5. Haha thanks man! I bet youve been sitting here wondering wtf did he truly forget?? Lol

Its a cray cray plant. There are some popcorns down below I didnt anticipate but this run ive sort of put that to a minimum on the new girl. Anything right now that isnt at or even near canopy level I trimmed off. This plant this last run has my lollipop a bit but even then I still had new bud growth down below, pretty nuts if you ask me!

6. Got two 15 gal geopots in today :).

These are fucking huuuge!

Thats a 5 gallon geopot next to it just for comparisons sake, didnt have a 7 gal laying around lol.

1418944585050.jpg

7. Damn! That thing is massive lol. Hell yeah dude looking forward to the HazC :D man, could you imagine the colas on the JK if she were in a 15-er???

8. #908 LoneRanger11220, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2014
    Thanks man! Haha I cant wait to try er out! I hope I get a nice girl off the HazC to run in a 15, too!

Next run (long as I get either this JK to recover or get a cut to root), im puttin the JK into the 15 and training a bit to make it a huge jungle lol. I figured id need to up my pot size with my 2+mo veg time she may want to stretch her feet a little more. As long as I train her I think ill be able to fit it in ok...I hope.

9. I didnt realize its been 4 days since an update, but this girl is getting close enough to the end I may post it more frequently :ey:.

72 days in:

1419139336371.jpg

1419139350778.jpg

1419139362565.jpg

1419139376829.jpg

1419139427977.jpg

1419139401702.jpg

1419139413412.jpg

1419139457313.jpg

1419139443827.jpg

Enjoy. Shes gettin closer, buuuut not quite where id like her to be.

Gave everyone a malted barley SST this morning before lights out with some protekt, aloe, and ful-power as well. They never seem to mind that stuff. I did notice an immediate "up" in terpenes. I can smell her from a distance when I open it, for the past day or two it had seemingly gone away up until now.

10. She is lookin good dude! What size if pot you got her in?

11. Thanks man! Im gettin the nervous scissor hands...lol.

This one and the one I just threw in are both 7 gallon geopots. I may jabe gotten a single Mango Haze cut to root...waiting a few days before I attempt to TP it but thatll be the first to go into a 15 gal

12. :wave: sup dood. Goddamn lol those colas are just insane!! So awesome :D

What kinda LED light do you use? I have been debating getting a mars2...

That's very interesting about the SST's affecting smell... I need to be more consistent with the sst's.. have had this malted grain for months and have only made one tea lol.

13. Haha its just crazy. I have a hard time not looking in there every 5 mins just to stare for a second :D

So in flower right now theres an AdvancedLED DS100 on full power (100w). For veg I have another DS100 and a cali lightworks 200w "bloom booster". Ive been debating throwing the DS back in veg only and adding the extra 100w of LED and using the solar flare in flower to bring me up to 600w.

Dude the SSTs are wonderful, I have really enjoyed weekly waterings. It seems to bring a lot of advantages to the table from using it these rounds IME

14. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: dude, earlier tonight I was standing over 8MH with a pair of pruning shears. Patience is not mybstrong suit this late in flower lol.

I don't blame ya man lol. She is a beaut. Could you imagine if she was in that 15 gallon pot?!

Right on, I remember now. Do you like 'em? Do you feel like they enhance trichome production in any way? That's my main goal. Seems the JK has no issues in that area :D

Another benefit from the SST's I have been reading about is faster finishing plants. Would make the perpetual thing run a little smoother for me if I could shave a week off of the cycle :D

15. TJ

Yes on the increased trichomes but far, far more important is the increase in terpenes, terpenoids and ketones contained in and around the trichomes. Terpenoids such as THC and such...

Trichomes in and of themselves do not increase effect. If that were the case then one could simply grow comfrey which has some of the most dense and longest trichomes in the plant world. Then there's the deal with root trichomes - something ol' Ingham missed in her 'research' such as it was.

Adding pure fulvic acid to an SST will enhance the benefit in spite of one of THE MOST STUPID conversations I've ever seen on any weed board on any subject but the one here at GCO about the 'dangers' of fulvic acid has to be at the very top of the heap. Mind boggling to say the least.

CC

16. Thanks Coot for replying, I knew your answer would always be better than mine on the subject lol.
    That and im in and out of conciousness, of course I decide to get sick on my days off, oh joy......

17. Haha I have my scissors in my hand everyday. I want to try and be on top of this JK I just threw into flower. I have a few popcorn buds on the JK finishing but not many. I think having the LED supplement had REALLY helped this. I just want to rid myself of popcorn if I can, and it branches so much during flower its pretty crazy. Even 6 weeks into flower it was trying to develop flowers down low that I ended up removing, then more grew back wtf! Haha.

Even using the barley SSTs in veg I have noticed a difference. When I do the weekly barley with aloe protekt and fulvic acid, they seem to have a big of a growth spurt in a short time. That JK in veg is starting to recover.

Not a thick stem like originally was there but its getting better. As a test the one I threw in to flower was untopped just LST and the growth was ridiculous. This one I topped once, waited 3 weeks and now topped again last week, and it really retarded growth down. But! I had a bit to do with that. When I TPd from the 2 to 7, I guess I wasnt watering enough and the bottom half of the root mass broke off...so shes probably taken a while to recover from that too....newb mistakes I still make on the daily lol.

18. #918 donothinggardening, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    Thanks for the reply, coot and I apologize for not being more clear with my questions. I was referring to enhanced trichome production under the LED lights vs HID. Many LED growers claim to notice increased trichome production when they introduce LED lights to their rooms. And I was referring to the trichomes aka resin glands on the cannabis flowers, not the root hairs. I have read that the word 'trichome' literally refers to any extension of epidermal cells and that root hairs fall under this definition. I am more interested in the trichomes of cannabis that produce the terpenes, terpenoids, flavanoids, ketones and cannabinoids.

Anyway, I have been looking into LED lights recently. Would be a much more efficient use of electricity than my current HID setup. Since my harvests are purely for personal use, I want to grow the highest quality medicine that I possibly can.

I am definitely interested in utilizing malted grain teas to help increase terpene, terpenoid, ketone, flavanoid, and cannabinoid production (can I just call those VOC's? Lol). I have only used one tea in this current grow so far. Some more experimentation is in my near future.

Lol man, you're trimming off the popcorn! I have been letting the popcorn grow with the intention of using it for hash experiments. Been freezing any trim or small buds and saving up :D planning to buy a set of bubble bags to start making ice water hash. Extra buds! :hello: I have heard that some people believe that letting popcorn grow will redirect energy from the upper buds down to the lower buds. I don't have much thoughts on this theory being such a noob myself but it sounds odd to me.

I'm with ya on the topping. Definitely like LST much more than topping. A topped plant just doesn't look right... it looks incomplete lol. Won't be doing that anymore. Need more LST practice.

I make noob mistakes all the time lol. Hopefully that lady recovers nicely for ya. I'm sure she will. This soil is awesome :D hope you're having a nice sunday broski :wave:

Smoking on some Cream Caramel :yummy: ;)

19. Ohhh, ive done all LED for flower before and combined and IME I didnt see any difference. Im a believer that the soil health and genetic background play more of a role in trich and terpene production than LED vs HID, etc. Im such small scale but I honestly never noticed a difference when it comes to that.

Oh man yeab im lazy lol I hate popcorn so I usually just throw it in a bag with the trim leaves to make hasb down the road. I have a set of bubble bags ive used maybe twice. And you really need a lot of product to get your returns in hash. Something I can't produce by myself in 6 months unless I dedicated entire plants to making IWE.

Hope you enjoy your Sunday bro! Im on my way to the headshop for a nice new bong for my present to myself :bongin:

20. Right on appreciate your input man. I'm skeptical about the claims too so I have been asking every LED grower I know on here lol. You're the first to say you haven't noticed a difference. :D i totally agree that genetics and soil/plant health play a huge role. I can't help but wonder if my cheapo HID setup is the best option conducive to these conditions which stimulate trichome production. I don't want to buy anything based on impulse, though. I work too hard for my money lol.

Yeah that is true.. bubble bags are kind of a PITA to work with lol. The hash is so good though! Lol.

Hell yeah man I love new pieces :D let's see it!