Lonerangers Wild West Closet

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by LoneRanger11220, Aug 28, 2014.

1. #201 LoneRanger11220, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Mmm that sounds amazing! My favorite apples are honeycrisp from WA, man they are amazing, and big too! I can't really buy them here due to cost. ..I got 3 at the store a week ago for 8 fuckin dollars!! Up in WA they are cheap and sell them on the road side.

Fall is a gorgeous time of year. Not much changes color here, just certain areas. We say it goes from a greenish brown to more brown. Lol

You throwing some girls in that greenhouse this year??

Heya CC,

I've had them stocked up for a couple years now. I bought them from advancedtechlighting. They unfortunately ran out a while back and I cannot find them anywhere now since Philips discontinued them. I have about 3 left... wish I had cash back then to buy 100!

From what I remember seeing somewhere you use(d) CMH as well is that right?

2. Whats up lone ranger? Subbin up- need to catch up tonight!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

LR

Same story with me about stocking up when they were available - shoulda, woulda, coulda.

Damn! Best bulb that I've ever used!

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I'm still looking for 'old stock' but it doesn't look too hopeful!

CC

4. Good to see ya here LF! Not much in here yet but itll expand soon enough ;-).

Yeah, hopes and dreams now. Ive done searching everywhere and every single website I pull up says a price of something ridiculous like 70+ a bulb. Then when I get there it says not available.

If you find any, please fill me in as well! Ive seen the new 315w CMH....but I am refusing to pay 300 dollars for the ballast it requires because of the special socket design it has now.

5. LR

I used the Philips Son-Agro HPS 430W for over 20 years before their CMH bulbs became available and have gone back to using them.

Not quite as good but still a great bulb, IMHO

Shop price as always in these matters - Amazon carries this bulb so you could start there for current pricing.

CC

6. So they still make these 430w bulbs? May have to check them out soon enough, I think it is about time I replace my bulb, I think its been in use a good year. What happens as they get old do they just die out or end up bursting or something?

Are you able to use that bulb on just a normal magetic 400w HPS ballast I imagine?

Thanks again for the tip! My digging begins....

7. LR

That's all that I've ever used, i.e. magnetic ballasts from P.L. Light Systems in Holland...

CC

8. Awesome, thanks!

I just got done overviewing the 430w pdf file and certainly can see a big jump lumen wise...but as I compare to the CMH spectrum theres almost no comparison. Why, oh why did Philips decide to stop making this great bulb!

Son Agro 430w
    1411159187180.jpg

400 CMH from Philips.
    1411159177077.jpg

LR

When evaluating bulbs you'll be far, far ahead by looking at a bulb's Photosynthetically Active Radiation rating and not lumens. 

Lux and lumen are photometric units, in that different wavelengths of light are weighted by the eye's response to them. This makes them inappropriate measure of the lighting level in a horticultural lighting system. Instead, lighting levels are quantified as amount of radiation in the wavelength range from 400 to 700 nm, or Photosynthetically Active Radiation (PAR). It can be expressed in units of energy flux (W/m<sup>2</sup>) or photon flux (mol m<sup>−2</sup>s<sup>−1</sup>).

10. That does make sense! I read a bit about PAR when researching my LED adventures a bit. The problem is...PDF documentation doesnt show anything about it for their CMH. Is there numbers associated to this, or did Philips never test it this way?

11. LR

Be careful using just PAR at search engines particularly if you're looking at LED lights. In the LED paradigm PAR means Parabolic Anodized Reflector

I didn't get it either - ROFL!!

12. Haha very true. I made the investment in the years ago. I went with advanced led lights and I have a California light works as well. They work great in veg! I still don't understand how they compare a 200w led to relaxing a 400hps...I never got results like that!

13. gtg

When the first greenhouse supplement lighting arrived in 1975 it was P.L. Light Systems in Holland and a partnership with Hortilux Schréder (Hortilux) in Germany which designed the first true horticultural bulbs. In commercial greenhouses these lighting systems and bulbs are the standard.

Their build quality is at the top. The factory in Germany also manufactures for Philips and a couple of others. I wouldn't use anything but Philips or Hortilux. Much of the grow store bulbs are re-branded (technically re-sleeved) gunk & junk from China and other countries in Asia.  

14. Hello everyone :wave:

Figured id do a small veg update with the lights off today. Tomorrow is a water and IPM in there.

Clones are lookin good, still nice and perky so no changes there for a bit.

The T.O. x HNL5 still no definitive signs of sex on JK - A or JK - C.

As you can see.. im still crossing fingers I get pistils on JK - A....cause well, shes vigorous as hell compared to the others!

Satori waiting to pop on the right, super skunk in back, JK - A is obvious, and JK - C up front.
    1411174241211.jpg

Mango haze and JK - D and E arent up yet, hopefully the next day or so.

JK - A
    1411174316103.jpg

JK - C
    1411174328238.jpg

Super Skunk
    1411174339314.jpg

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday!

15. Lookin good bro! How old are they now? I am gonna 're think my whole seed/sexing game plan I think. My GFBA's took till 10 or 11 weeks to show sex. Not sure if that's my fault, but I'm not really sure how it could be. Maybe heat stress slows them up? I think I have only had a couple show signs before 8 weeks.

16. Thanks man! Looking back at my notes the JK girls popped above soil on 8/15. And super skunk went into soil from my cloner on 8/18.

Damn, 10 to 11 weeks that thing musta been fuckin huge! Last GFBAs I ran it was about 4 weeks before it showed. What size pots do you sex in usually?

17. If I had kept tp'ing along the way they might have been. I am kinda bottlenecked right Now, so I kept them in small 6" pots the whole time. They didn't get huge because of this I think.

18. #219 FickySiskers, Sep 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
    Just a suggestion. Start getting JK-a under control. I got one like that right now. Long nodes, hollow stems, monster fan leaves. She got cut loose at 2' now would be 6' easy if I hadn't bent her over.

19. Dude...I looked this morning and saw a teeny tiny pistil coming out somewhere. It was JUST enough to notice it. So that beast is a girl!

I TPd her into the 7 gal earlier. Its gonna be at least a week vegging until I flip it but im glad I took two cuts of it.

You suggest some LST? Shes definitely getting huge even in that 2 gal she was in