New To Vaporizing? Start Here

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Aug 27, 2014.

1. #21 ren.dnb, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014

Yeah lol. I guess thats why I haven't really done much as far as setting up a blog and a domain and getting things lined up for that. One thing that I like when I write stuff up here on GC is that its all about the vapes I've bought and I try to be as unbiased and real as possible; even taking into consideration things like "New Vape Syndrome and VAS". Basically I'm just giving my feedback on here as far as what I liked and didn't like about a specific vape, but obviously knowing I wanted the vape because I shelled out the cash for it.

I almost come off as doing the same thing as Vape Critic, but I really don't rate the vapes. I just review them but I don't give a score or anything like that; there's really no need for scores. Basically what I'm doing is just feeding you guys what I've picked up on and what I've learn as I use a new vape I've bought. So, its really more of a consumers point of view and a "if you bought this watch out for this and that etc etc..."

It's really all about giving someone who comes to GC looking in the vape forums, the tools to make an informed decision. While I'd love to get paid doing that sort of thing, I do know that if that happened, it would become work lol. Right now, its a fun thing and a hobby and at the end of the day I'm happy with the things I write and happy that they help people who lurk around on here looking for info.

Its more or less my way of giving back to the GC community of vaporists who have guided me down this vaporizing journey. But I'll tell you this... and I said it in the newbie guide I posted. If I had researched and had posts like this to leaf through, instead of knee jerking and saying to myself "ok that costs $250, its GOTTA be good and HAS to do what I want it to do", I would've been a bit wiser in my purchases. I'll still never forget coming on here after I had bought my Pax a day after I bought my MFLB. I had thought my Pax was stinky and burned through my herb. @[member="lwien"] and a few others pointed out how it wasn't very efficient or stealthy other than its form factor. Switched back to the MFLB and I thought "Ok, what else do these guys have up their sleeves because they just cut my herb bill by 25%"..... :)

Besides, doing posts here on GC is a lot more fun than doing them on a personal website/blog. And given how I've personally grown closer to this community, I don't think I could ever stop writing stuff and posting it up here...  I would hang out on FC more, but they block anything with the word "Fuck" at my office. So, I can't read the forums because of the word "Fuck", but, I can go on Tumblr and look at people posting naked pics... Go figure...

:gc_rocks:

And I just want to add too that I can't and won't take full credit for the newbie guide. Its something that a lot of people on here have wanted to have posted, at least to address vape pens. So really, everyone on here that I've talked to or gained knowledge from had a hand in its creation. All I merely did was compile it all into a guide. 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Centers can't have you calling 911 from an overdose. They try to find a sweet spot that will give relief without unconsciousness. Double their recommendation and don't drive.

3. Thank you! I will try that. Is there any documented report of a cannabis overdose? I thought there are none.

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone OD'ing on THC. Then again it depends on your system. I knew a girl when I was in my 20's that was allergic to THC or pot smoke in general. She would break out into hives if she took a hit... it was really weird. But needless to say she never smoked when she learned this. 

Never heard of an OD on THC, so you'll be OK. If anything, given what you've told us, you'll just get high.

5. Ive seen freinds vomit and be very uncomfortable for hours. Wouldn't want to scare you but there is such thing as getting to high. Is it over dose like need to go to the hospital..no but they definitely didnt take the right does according to there tolerance.

I would say most common cause of this would either be edibles (because it takes a long time to kickin people think its not working and take another) or from bongs (because an inexperienced smoker usually takes way to big of a hit)

• Like Like x 1
  6. You have never had the "White Ghoasties? Dizzy, confused pukey sick feeling?
    Well heck next time you feel you have had enough.....keep going.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Great post man just have one question. I have a vape pen (aspire Nautilus mini tank with a 1300mah battery) and just use it with e juice right now but want to start using it with hash oil. Will this work or do I need to buy a new vape. Sorry I'm really new to the forums and don't want to destroy my pen.

8. #28 ren.dnb, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Added a small section on grinders.
    Added section for delivery methods.

9. Had my vapir for 5 years now replaced the battery and power cord sent in for warranty once. "that was a stressful month" but still going got to be able to walk around my house and not smell it up works perfectly. Not good for more than two people. Just doesn't hold enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I bought my first yesterday....first time vaping ever. I spent $100 on a portable Randy's Troo with no forethought or research. Novice that I am, I only ever use a one hitter or a small pipe. I cant tell how much I am getting and when it is time to reload. I have followed the instructions and not packed it too tightly. I seem to get more evidence of vapor at high setting which is at 420 degree s F. It is definitely a cleaner high but I want to use efficiently. Does your consumption go up while getting a little less of a high or have I just not found the rhythm or am I just not used to it yet?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

11. I just started with my Arizer Extreme Q last night. First real vape (not counting my annoying, useless flower vape pen).

My high was really short compared to smoking it, is this anyone else? It'll be great for when I'm using it medically (which is 9 times out of 10) but I suspect I'll still be hitting the bong on occasion.  :bongin:

For me it was the opposite. I noticed my high's were cleaner and lasted a bit longer than when I toked out of my bong. I switched to vaping in late March and haven't looked back since. 2-3 stems off my Hammer or 2-3 capsules from my Firewood will keep me straight all evening long until bedtime. Each packing is between .1g - .2g; waaaay more efficient than combusting out of the bong. Also, I use my Hammer vape with the Glass on Glass connector and vaporbong with it.

You should let your body adjust to the vaporizing and let all the toxins from combustion flow out of your system. Then again, everyone has their preference. For me, its all vaporizing all the time. I just can't get past how long herb lasts when vaporizing. A good .2g in my glass on glass connector gets me 8-10 vaporbong hits as opposed to .5g getting me 4-6 bong hits combusting. 

Also if you're using it medically, I'd cut the combustion out all together, but thats me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 orbweaver, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014

Great  feedback here! Yeah, I'm using it medically, but I still use it socially about once a week. I was thinking I'd still be bonging it for social use. But I'll see how the vape high is over time. I take a little bit of high CBD during the day to relieve my hyperthyroidism symptoms but this is... wow, I hadn't really intended to get "high" and yet high I am. I only put *a pinch* of Jamaican Lion (9% CBD 6% THC) in my EQ's elbow bowl and took about 3 puffs off the whip and damn! I'm waiting for my face to stop melting before I go out, lol. When I smoke it, I barely get high off this stuff. 

Welcome to vaporizing... It really brings out the best of your herb in my opinion; and a pinch is all it usually takes depending on the vape. For me, vaporizing has changed the way I regard/handle/store my herb. I don't use it medically, and completely recreationally. I used to just combust and smoke the heck out of it dropping tons on 1/8th's every few days. Since I started vaping, I feel like I'm respecting the plant a bit more by taking the time to get all the active ingredients out of it. And since I don't want to screw up the flavor or consistency of it, mason jars for storage. On top of all of that, I don't have ashes and ash trays to clean up anymore. I use the ABV (already been vaped) herb for edibles and really extend the life out of what I used to get high. Vaporizing turns herb into the gift that keeps on giving, literally...

I wish I was like all you MMJ users and getting it from dispensaries where I would know the strain and the THC and CBD percentages, but not the case where I live. Anyway, sounds like you're having a good time so enjoy!! Just wait till you get some THC rich stuff in that vape...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Thanks for the great guide.

16. Actually you would have saved 380 and with the grinder 320. Js

17. Bought a vapolution v2.0 travel pack, wonder bowl, infuzer, concentration bowl.

I can't wait for it to come in.

Looking to get basic ecig for waxs. Just a bulb with ego battery. Any suggestions on brands for globe?

18. No help here with the globe question, but you made an excellent choice on the vapolution. More than likely the most bang for your buck in a vape. It really is a connoisseurs vape with the all glass air path. Be sure to let us know how you like it! :D

19. Thanks I sure will. I've never vaped before so I'm Excited to try it. I haven't found one bad comment on the v2.0.i like that it portable as well. Do you have one? If so what accessories do you have?

20. I don't have one :( but I've used one once. The AIWB is my preferred method. I like keeping the air path all glass. The infuser looked really sweet though.