New To Vaporizing? Start Here

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Aug 27, 2014.

1. It's definitely not a myth dude. Because of all the toxins in our bodies that come from smoking we cant experience the full effects of vaporizing until those toxins leave our body which is around 3 weeks.

2. #202 puddleglum, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2015
    Well I don't want to argue with you, I think each of our experiences are both valid and anecdotal. [​IMG]

My experience has been that a toker testing out a powerful vape (I'm talking about high-rated desktop vapes, not pen/battery portables) can get ridiculously high from day one (no 3-week wait period necessary).

I've had daily-chronic bong/joint smokers tell me my Daisy is the highest they've ever been in their entire lives!

3. and I'm not disagreeing with you friend ,I'm simply saying it isn't a myth. Sure a heavy smoker can easily get high from vaping but to experience the full effects from both ends of the spectrum those toxins need to be gone from your body.

4. I think it is more you need the time to knock the soot from smoke off your taste buds.
    You (probably) have been coating them like a Fireman's lungs. Just an opinion. I was in bliss first time vaping but the flavor chasing didn't start till later.

5. So, anyone know any models I would like that are on the cheaper side, and hit direct draw style? I'd like it to be portable, thanks! Good thread!

6. Glad I read this thread before posting!
    I am apparently well rooted in that particular "crowd" right now.
    I just got a Haze and only tried it once last night but I know I got a sub par vape as I tried to use barely charged batteries (I was hoping they might have shipped them partially/pre charged, wishful thinking and impatience) but the puffs I did get were much less intense than even a drag or two of a little glass pipe I usually use.

Since my MAIN reason to go Vape is to reduce "That Pot Stank" I get and that causes my lovely wife to demand I brush my teeth and change my shirt or wash my hands before I can sit next to her on the couch. Upon my first test she says she can't even tell I smoked it and I did so in the same room even, so... WIN!

I will be patient and wait a few weeks for the ole' brain cells to adjust to the new route of incoming THC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hold on my friend the road of vaporization is a wicked one B)

8. Wicked cool and awesome he means B)

9. Awesome super informative post ren.dnb and thanks for sharing! tomh925: what is your delivery system or method of medicating (combustion, vaporization, bong, pipe, etc.)?

10. why is it so difficult to find a good portable wax vaporizer?

11. #211 TLeafB, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2016
    Great thread! I am a veteran smoker, but am trying to break free from my old ways of smoking primarily flower in a pipe, or bubbler. Now that I have access to concentrates I would like to invest in a good Vape Pen that is very portable/stealthy, and doesn't burn my oil causing waste/poor taste.
    I have been hearing great things about the Dr. Dabber Ghost Vape Pen. Anyone own one, or have any input on that device?

12. I read online that vaporizers are better to smoke out of? Is this true or a myth?

I'm new to vaping. I'd like a portable one but I want a decent one. What's the best ones out there?

I'm a newbie to vaping. I've never used one in my life, so I don't know where to look, how to pack it and how it'll be different from smoking out of a water pipe or pipe. Thank you.

13. #213 From Elsewhere, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    Definitely true.

It seems the "Crafty" and "Mighty" reign supreme for portables. Expensive, though. "Pax 2" is pretty tight, as well. The "Grasshopper" hasn't quite come out yet, but that thing seems awesome. Also, there are plenty of mid-range models that will get the job done very well.

Packing vapes isn't exactly rocket science. There's a chamber, and you fill it with ground herb. Usually, you don't want to pack it too tight, as that can greatly restrict airflow. Also, depending on the model, you may not want to pack it too full, either. You generally want some space between the herb and the filter.

The technique, however, is where it gets tricky. When you rip a water pipe, you inhale hard for like 5-10 seconds. For a portable vaporizer, your drag times will vary based on a number of variables, and the draw resistance is quite different.

1. Grind your shit.
    2. Pack your shit, just don't over-pack. Some vapes don't like being under-packed, either.
    3. Turn on, and select desired temperature setting. A medium setting should give you more flavor, and decent clouds. It will also last a bit longer. A higher setting may be less flavorful, and shorten your session, but creates denser, super-effective clouds.
    4. Once at selected operating temperature, inhale very gently. If you hit it immediately after your vape gives you the go-ahead, you may not get too much. It will likely be more of a flavor hit, producing little vapor. But, if you wait at least another 10-20 seconds after it's reached the target temperature, you should start getting some good ones. (This will depend on your device, and whether it's a convection, or conduction vaporizer.)
    5. Never pull too hard. This can be a surefire way to clog the filter with ground herb, as portable vaporizers tend to have a lot of draw resistance. Think breathing through a straw, or a coffee stir, even. It's usually a very slow, very gentle drag. It may not even feel like you're getting much by breathing in so incredibly slow, but you will start to feel it build up. In your throat, your chest, you know, all that.
    6. Make sure, as always, not to be simultaneously breathing through your nose as you inhale.
    7. Pull vape away, finish by filling the rest of your lung capacity with clean air. Obviously, you want it to be nice and deep into your lungs, and it's not exactly ideal to do that while you're still breathing through a straw. So remove it, and intake the last 20% or so of your remaining capacity.
    8. Hold for a few short seconds, and release.

These things can have quite a learning curve, but that's something you need to figure out and internalize. For example, your "gauge" will not be tuned right, when you first start vaping. It feels different, so you might try to match how smoking makes your throat and lungs feel. Not a great idea, unless you want to get absolutely blasted. You will also use less herb to achieve the same effect, as it is more efficient and effective. As you take hits, you'll start to get less flavor, and less vapor. So you may have to compensate with longer draws and/or higher temperature settings. It will start to become harsher, as your clouds slowly become less. I try to never wait too long between draws. It's cooking. It's live. And that vapor will start to escape from the mouth piece if too much of it builds up.

I really hope this helped. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Go home we aren't buying your pimped out product....

15. Shills gonna shill

16. Ive recently caught onto thinking my best bet is the Haze V3? I mean a ten year warranty on all internal factory manufacturing. that's def industry best.. now lets remember warranty terms and conditions... user fault does not warrant replacement or free repair/refurbishment of your Vape.. ive tried many of the low end pens with mods and my experience was probably norm but idk seemed like a lot of wasted material considering most where I from don't think before they toke or care enough to conserve their meds... but back to my question... is it safe to say that the Haze is my best option given I enjoy flower to bubble to dab onto keif?.. granted the last one may not fair well at its particular point in matter.. but we all know its not like itll go to waste... guess I'm just looking for that one guy that got that one sad/shitty story about a day the haze did him dirty or just something on the downside besides the fact that its price is between 229 and 500 bucks depending on your lifestyle... me personally, I'm geared for replacing all my smoking rituals with a good vape, and the occassinal bong and bone... #growyourownsmokeyourown
    hazevaporizers.com

17. Not understanding if I should get a portable or desktop vaporizer.

I will mostly be using it at home, but portable option would be nice. The most important this is a good vape with full flavor. Is a desktop really that much superior to a portable?

Looking at the Arizer Extreme Q and the Plenty Vaporizer.

18. no such things as getting too high

• Like Like x 1
  19. I personally use the Magic Flight Launch Box as my vaporizer and it works great! And i use the AVB to make a peanut butter sandwich and it gets you stoned!

• Like Like x 1
  20. I like my pax 2 for when I'm out due to battery life and crafty at home for better vapour quality