N3Wgr0Wz New Grow ... Like New To The Newb Power

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by N3wGr0wz, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I definitely appreciate y'all stopping in to calm my nerves. I guess I just hate messing up. I need to keep in mind that this is my very first grow.
    Who knows it could be a combo of both of y'all's opinions. There is one plant that just doesn't want to take off at all. It's my lil runt. Wifey wont let me trash it haha. "Give it a chance" she says .
    This is just a fun hobby for me. A chance to get into the culture. Cannabis is very fascinating to me. Even though I'm a bit stressed about this grow, I'm enjoying it at the same time. I'm super glad I found this place to share and discuss my failures and successes !!

N3wgr0z

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410736019.702201.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410736048.420272.jpg little runty

N3wgr0z

3. Lol runtier than the other bonsai cannabis I'm growing haha

N3wgr0z

Hey man, when it's your first grow there really is no messing up. Much is to be learned from your personal experiences which are most valuable.   So even when you fail you gain much knowledge and experience.

It is a great hobby.  It can be very relaxing but at the same time very worrysome.  If things are going at a good pace for you and you are happy with the progress then do not worry.  I'm just a bit different and I'm in a different situation where I NEED to produce some quality meds  within x, y and z amount of time, know what I'm sayin?  Sometimes I get ahead of myself and assume everyone else is in the same situation.
    Sorry to have put any worry, doubt or paranoia in you. :smoking:

5. nah dude! I like to know all opinions! I totally get that some of y'all need consistent results on a regular basis ! I have the luxury of it being a "mid life crisis" (as the wifey calls it) hobby. A hobby, come hell or high water , I will see through to being good at. Sort of pay it forward in here or elsewhere

N3wgr0z

6. Good banter between growers that have been successful in the past is good for all!!

N3wgr0z

7. Think I'm going to start soaking 5 of my master kush tonight. See if a stable strain takes off any better. I think I have the germination and seedling care down enough to attempt a shot at my "good" seeds

N3wGr0z

8. Ok here is a good question!! Anyone think keeping the seeds in storage got a year would stunt them?
    They were kept in low rh dark desk drawer. Temps around 70 deg F

N3wGr0z

They are just fine, I soak seeds for 24 hours then plant. They will stay good for many years as long as they are dry.

10. Snoop . Did you see my poor little bonsai plants??!!

N3wGr0z

yes, they wont stay that way for long, hydro plants like to sit around and then launch into bushy stinky trees, it happens fast.

I have some that are hooking up. Leaves look funny on the new growth as the leaves are hours old and have not had time to turn green yet.. LOL

12. My FF nutes dosing says to fertilize every other watering. Since I'm using flood and drain, should I keep my nutes at 1/4 strength? I'm a little on the confused side right now.

N3wgr0z

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410828369.807749.jpg

N3wgr0z

drain to waste systems usually call for the weaker mix.

If your nutes are good you kind of ramp them up as the plant grows. get them working up a little at a shot. Give 50% a shot and see what happens.

I did a grow from seed in 100% strength and they grew like mad. I was like fuck it, grow or die bitches.  :laughing: 

15. i just nearly fell out of my chair!!! Bahahaha

N3wGr0z

16. I've worked them up to about 50% now. I'll go up another quarter day after tomorrow. See how my little bonsias react

N3wGr0z

17. Going to be gone for a few days. I'm crossing my fingers my flood and drain system keeps everything happy. Raising my lights a few inches just incase my little Bonsais try and grow on me

N3wgr0z

18. Holy crap! Gone for 4 days and my flood and drain worked perfectly !! Plants have really taken off !! Soooo freakin pumped!! I'll post pics when I can

N3wGr0z

19. They have grown a ton in 4 days! Going to change water and bump them to full nutes ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411300547.831499.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411300562.016457.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411300586.263575.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411300597.514387.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411300609.182465.jpg

N3wGr0z