Amost 3 Weeks Flowering, Male?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by middleforker, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I'm growing Nirvana ICE. We're almost 3 weeks into flowering. I have one plant that looks different then the others. It appears to have a pair of balls at each internode and few pistils. I think it's a male, not a hermie, but I don't want to chop it down yet. Some confirmation would be great. Pics included.

2014-08-27 11.55.43.jpg

Any help appreciated.

2. If it has pistils AND balls it's a hermie. Judging from the pictures I can't really make it out that well, though they are definitely not 3 weeks into flowering, there are no buds yet

3. thats a terrible picture for anyone to tell you its sex

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here is a picture of one of it's sisters, same strain, same pot size. I'm pretty sure it's flowering: 2014-08-27 12.33.10.jpg

And here is a full view of the plant in question:
    2014-08-27 12.35.41.jpg

5. Well I've seen worse, but I agree it's not great. Trying to focus close up is a pain in the ass....

6. Thanks TheAnswer21, I've looked at those pictures before, I've even had a hermie, and I've identified and chopped down males. This plant does not look like those. It's not a typical male, or a typical hermie, or a typical female. I'll try to get better pictures. I don't think it's a danger to my other plants right now so I'm hesitant to chop it yet. I'll post when I get better pictures.

7. what do you mean by sister? are these all from seed? if so, they are not the same plant whatsoever.

8. Definitely not a male, but I can't really tell what it is because it hasn't budded yet.

9. What I mean by sister is purchased feminized seeds from Herbies seeds. By their description "Nirvana seeds ICE strain". They are supposed to be the same strain, a 50/50 hybrid, but usually showing Indica phenotypes: Short, stocky plants with relatively dense cola's, typically 8 weeks flowering. The 3 other plants started showing pistils about 3 weeks ago and are well into flowering now. This one plant doesn't seem to be flowering but does show these structures at the internodes. There are only two at each internode. Could be Herbies mistake, might not be the same strain at all. In fact, all 4 plants have unique characteristics,  and only one looks anything like a true Indica.
    I'll try and get better close up pics, maybe cut a branch off to show the internodes.

10. ive had a plant like this before...took forever to shoot out pistils, and before it showed, the calyx look like male pollen sacks. I have a good eye for males/females and I was ready to trash it. Wait it out

11. Thanks michiganman, I suspect you may be correct. In any event I'll just keep an eye on it for now.