1St Dwc/bubbleponic Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mykee22, Aug 27, 2014.

1. The roots are getting really long so I decided to go ahead and put the 2nd tank in since I got my new air pump. Im still waiting for my 250 watt cfl with reflector for my veg area. I also ordered a small clone dome with a built in heating. Now im trying to figure up when I need to start the new seeds. I gotta get the timing some what close so the new plants are going into the tent when the others are ready for harvest.

2. Here is a pic of the 2 tanks 

Attached Files:

3.   Nice little setup you got going on =)

4. Thanks!! After doing a lot of research after this batch im gonna grow mostly autos. 

5. They are looking good. 

Attached Files:

6. Hey there! I haven't even grown in hydroponics, but I'm planning to and I've done a little bit of research on it. Keep in mind im a newbie grower, so take other more experienced grower's advice over mine, but I see your temps are around 80 degrees. Are you talking about res temps or air temps?

7. Air.. Water is around 68

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    And yea I'm a noob..this is my 1st grow

8. They look alright. How green are they? Are they dark? If so if recommend flushing the plant out a bit. I've learned keeping that plant a light light green color makes it happy. Your leaves should be pointing up towards the light. They will lit. Reach up for it. I'd also recommend getting a set of cool blue cfl. I like to mix the yellow and blue because they tend to veg better with the yellows and bud better with blues. Also get that light closer man and bend those plants over and I promise you they will take off. I have a similar setup and it's my 3rd grow and so far my best looking and only adjusting those simple things I suggested to you. I also recommend keeping your temp 82-84 and 74-78 night time despite what most people might recommend. I'm just suggesting since we have a similar setup. Here's a few photos: these are on week 4 - last weekend before flowering. They are chocolope so I'm following DNA genetics recommendations and I've grown them in the past and no they triple in size flowering also a chemdawg hiding in there ;)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409958643.426643.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409958662.811740.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409958679.128193.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409958705.390226.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409958718.856698.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Nice.. I have a few more blue CFLs coming. Why bend them over? And have you grown any autos?

10. So I read up on bending.. (LST) so after that I went ahead and top my babies and bend them over. Do you wait to a certain day or height to switch to flower? How often do you change out your water? Do you have a journal of any of your grows?

11. I don't have any I have some older photos I'll post of them in a bit. You bend the plants over to promote side growth and trust me you'll see what I mean. If you bend them I wouldn't even worry about topping. I had a plant that had 7 colas just from LST . I also haven't had any experience with auto flowers but I'm sure they'd be ideal for our setups. My seeds usually come out of packages of bud I get from Colorado and I save/label them. I have quite a collection now and they usually are females ( haven't grown a male yet). About the flowering - it's really up to you and how much yield you want. Last grow I veggef my chocolope til it was 3 ft tall and over 3 ft wide. It took months to finish and wasn't all that impressive in yield ( however I had to move and it sat in the dark for a few days before I got my new room up and screwed up flowering) also it's about how patient you are and the strain. I'd recommend researching the strain you're growing and see what others did. I'm deciding to start my flowering In 2 days. All my plants are about 6" but they are bushy with a lot of side growth and I know my strain will triple in size during flowering and it's going to be hard to train. I like to keep short bushier plants so your light can reach bud sites and produce dense nugs. You can easily yield 10-18 gs a plant at this size maybe more but if you have 6 producing that your in business and you didn't have to wait to long . You have to get in a cycle of things. I like to pick 2 plants and take a clone and put in a separate grow area so I always have something growing and getting close to harvest. I'll post some photos in a few of them today.

12. I think im gonna wait til they are around 10-12" then switch them to flower. I have a few more seeds coming and one is a auto that im dying to try so I can see if autos are the way to go for me. How much water do you keep in the tank? Ive seen people say an inch below the netpot and others way just so some of the roots are in the water as the bubbles will get water to the rest of the roots. And how often do you change out your water?

13. I fill it up til the water goes a quarter - half of the net pot . Your net pot should be in the water. Most of those rubbermaids have little holes on the inside where the handles are. I like to fill up til the water is right under it. And for changing water I use to do it 2-3 times in my other grows but so far on here I haven't because the water looks fine ( I add a little hydrogen peroxide in between every few feedings because it kills bacteria and prevents root rot and adds oxygen to the water) however during flowering if recommend heavy feeding for 2 weeks then flushing with clean water til your plants are very light green to yellow to harvest for the best taste and smell. Get those chemicals out first our good bud will not smell good or taste good . In going to take photos now

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016116.753940.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016129.686765.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016149.409174.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016161.092093.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016177.053092.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016187.366369.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016205.872821.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016220.936785.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410016236.151066.jpg

15. That wimpy one is a purple diesel plant I had to re-root because it broke at the bottom at the main stem - it rooted out the bottom of the netcup in 2 days lol.

16. Anyone have a chart showing the difference between using a 400 watt vs 600 watt? 

17. Wow cool I was wondering how long it would take for my roots to hang in the water.
    I guess not very long hah.

18. Hey just read through and had a couple questions.

What are the Kelvin ratings on your CFLs?

Its hard to tell from your pics but what part is directed towards the plant?

1410297128727.jpg

I've got my CFLs so that the sides of the bulb are closest and the end is just kinda out there.

The sides of them put out the most light.

How close are your bulbs?

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

19. No your roots will become huge and tangle with the others as well. I'm not sure if this harms the plants or not? Hasn't really in the past grows. You can actually trim the roots as well with a clean pair of scissors or shears. I've done it in the past and had no issues but make sure your plant is healthy and has good root growth just in case. I'll try to snap a shot of my roots tonight. I put them into to flowering a few days ago. Also having a little nute burn on one of my runt chocolopes. I'm not feeding again next week just to be safe and assure great taste and smell ;). Here's a few pics from this morning ::

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297350.078861.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297364.519523.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297376.926932.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297388.486806.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297401.379645.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297413.369161.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297428.534022.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297440.264617.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410297449.909543.jpg

Look pretty healthy to me. The chemdawg is what I'm keeping my eye on smells funky ;) some of my fav smoke

20. Is there a reason for trimming roots outside of revegging and bonsai moms?

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal