Second Grow, First Outdoors

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Growley86, Aug 27, 2014.

1. So this is my second time growing. First time outdoors. I have 4 plants. I am also in new england. I have them in pots with compost, horse manure. Plus feeding organic bat guano, and house and garden "the basic all in one bottle not the expensive set of a dozen bottles" i read online purple kush stays small but mine just started flowering and is already over 7 feet! Im curious if these plants are looking alright. If there is any advise to improve anything im doing wrong. Also i am very aware how it is very hard to tell how much a plant will yield, because of so many variables. but with looking at my pics, knowing the strain, and what im feeding, does anyone have a guess? Im only curious. Thank you for checking out my post!

Attached Files:

2. Im also curious if the purple showing up in the new growth is part of the strain changing color and not a deficiency. Any input would be appreciated.

3. No one wants to help?

4. The purple can be genetics or it can be a def. I have some purple buds on a cheese candy and I believe that is a def. on the other hand I have a blue kush that has had purple stems and dark green, purplish leaves the entire time. Idk if yours is a def or not because of your strain. As far as the yield you can't ever tell. Still a few variables that could cut our yields down a lot. (I'm outdoor also). So you can't count your eggs before they hatch. Plants look good far as I can tell tho.

5. Thanks, here is a updated pic image.jpg

6. #6 SkilledToker, Aug 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    Looks good but hey what does this part mean? Pre-Flowering? or flowering?

Sorry new to growing

Also, the purple could be the strain or light. My stems are purple.

[​IMG]

7. Looks to me like flowering that just started

8. Those are buds forming and your stems look genetic. I have a blue kush with dark genetics that is doing the same and I also have a diff gen doin it that is a defenecy. It has a diff hue of purple and stretched skyward which is another sign. Your girl looks fine to me.

9. Any idea how long till harvest? Just out of curiosity.. Im having a hard time knowing what week of flowering im in because of being outdoors..

Attached Files:

10. Well, can you rem what week in aug it started. Then count til now. Prolly 2-4 weeks old so it'll be flowering til end of sept or on into oct depending on strain. Needs to fill out and bulk up then hairs and trichromes will change color. You've still got a few weeks.

11. I couldnt really tell when in aug it started. It had pre flowers since the end of june which i thought was odd.. But then again i am new to this. It is coming along nicely though. Here is a updated pic. I am hoping we dont end up with any crazy weather within the next month. Dont need any early frosts.. Thank you for the responces!

12. Sorry here is the pic

Attached Files:

13. Coming along nicely. 3 or more weeks will do it wonders.

14. Another pic update image.jpg

15. Doing what it's supposed to man. Looks good from what I can see.

16. How much of a frost can these girls withstand? I feel like they are prity hearty. But we are getting frost warnings already in new england. Any tricks to help? I cant move them at all. I was thinking about trying to cover them at night or somehow get some heat next to them. Any advice?