Yields? Estimate

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GloriousZOMBiE, Aug 27, 2014.

1. I have about 7 weeks before first average frost and my plant started to flower so I would have to disagree even being a "noob" first "average" frost is about oct 15th so I have 6-7 weeks

2. Haha whew. Just read from beginning. That shit was funny.

Dont get down on yourself man. Its never a waste.

(phototropism is fun)

3. Thanks, and no I do not think growing is a waste, but I'm saying all the effort I put into 3 plants to end up with 1 plant is a real kick in the nuts. But my plant is largely improved since I saw it today in my opinion I'll get atleast 3/4 or a whole zip

4. I don't know what you're disagreeing with, that's pretty much exactly what I said.

5. I thought it only took 7 weeks to flower? I'm sure it will be fine the plant knows what to do, I'd like to pull it when a few trichromes are amber or of not ripe I'll pull it after first frost for purple bud

6. what strain are you growing?

7. no particular strain, random bag seed

8. Then you have no idea how long it takes to flower.

9. I'm sure it will just be ok I'll post up pics of yield after cured, anyhow I'm sure the plant will be just fine to flower in 8 weeks too grow and I'm hearing you can let the plant grow past frost but I'm thinking letting it frost once and them I'm pulling it

10. Any advice, pull it before the first frost, after, or continue to let it grow if it's not mature?

12. #32 GloriousZOMBiE, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    And it'll be ok? But the plant knows in the fall it's time to die, wouldn't it be counter productive to keep growing after a frost when death is unenviable. Thanks I'll do research

13. This thread and this video seem like a good fit to me ;)

http://youtu.be/4DYUeajaEUg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Ok so I did the research and the frost will make immature buds into mature buds after a few days. Thanks!

15. #35 Emma & Dave, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Man you are going to end up with a very small amount of shitty bud with your attitude. Stop rushing.

Any tree has potential, but not when you disrespect it's needs.(TIME)

(phototropism is fun)

16. Well it's been growing for over a month so I'd say I'm pretty patient, I'm not going to jump the gun, but I think you misunderstand what were talking about, were saying my plant may not be able to fully mature before the first frost so letting it frost a few times will make immature buds mature, at least what Iv been reading. And also what attitude I'm asking for advice so I can have a optimum yield I want seedless smoke

17. About the same age. 5 1/2 weeks.

This will yield an ounce if i put it into flower.

But im going to wait another 6 weeks.

(phototropism is fun)

Attached Files:

18. Nice I wish I could control variables to choose flower or not, but instead im dependent on Mother Nature to.

I've had strains that flowered immediately after the flip, but they were full indicas a bit older than 4 weeks with a shitload of preflowers. The strain I'm growing now took 2 full weeks to show after 6 weeks veg (hybrid), so there can be huge differences between strains, and I have yet to come across something that finishes in 6-7 weeks (cash croppers being the exception).

I doubt that an 8, 10, or 12 week strain will finish earlier because of temps, if that was true then you could grow long sativas in any climate and cash croppers would be taking advantage of it. People say all kinds of things about their crops, as long as you're happy with it then that's all that matters.

For the record, you've been a cool dude, no attitude at all. I hope everything works out for you, cheers and good luck!! :bongin:

20. Thank you I'm trying my best but it's my fault for growing mexi seed weed that is adapt to southern climate, but I'm thinking auto flower from now on or something that is suitable for the northeast and to be complete by the end of September but as long as I get some smoke from this harvest I can atleast say it's been a success..... but what can I say it was a half planned/half assed spur of the moment first time grow. But next time I pop some seeds it's going to be an earlier start and a better spot and better genetics! I'll post pics of the finished plant and pics after the cure of the finished product. Keep on smokin on haha