Thinking About Ending 2 Year Relationship With Girlfriend :/

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by krazy92, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Cool

2. Similar situation with me and my gf of one year. Everything started off perfect we fell in love the works. Recently she started having personal problems. Started shelling out everyone in her life including me. went from seeing each other a couple times a week to a couple maybe once a month. Stopped having sex completely. You still get laid once a week? Im going on 2 months now. We had the talk told her I loved her but im a young guy I need the attention, the love, and the sex. What is the point of being in a relationship if your not happy. We are taking a "break" right now. Some people just get caught up in their little worlds that they forget about those who care about them. I believe in trying to make things work but there comes a time when you just can't handle the bs anymore. If they can't change for you then its best to just move on. We have one life and we owe it to ourselves to spend it being happy with the right people.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Break up and wait till you find a girl with no "what ifs." 

No one is perfect, but I don't think it's really fair to your partner if you aren't fully satisfied with them but keep them around due to boredom or even pity as it seems it may be in your case.

Either way, I wish you luck. Don't sweat it, you're so young that one day you might never remember her name again.

4. Wow thanks for all the replys everyone. I did not expect to get this type of great advice, so thank you again!

We are not cut throat fighting or anything like that its seriously the stupidest shit. 

If I were 30 years old and Ive had a lot more experience with serious relationships I'd say this is the one, but I really havent.

I had my fun being a slut freshmen and partially sophmore year of college... I didnt enjoy that, yes I had sex with over 15+ beautiful girls in that course of time, I was never happy with it. Sex is great and all but I really do appreciate the company of a female that cares about me.

I really do not even know how to bring up this conversation. Like what would be ideal is to pretty much say take a break, but I definitely do not want to be going around hooking up with every girl I can find. I would want to ideally make it clear that I am not trying to just be a slut, but I just need to see the other side of the fence to know for sure if my girlfriend and I are meant to be.

Im not sure if thats wanting my cake and eating it too, but I feel like we both need to do that for each other. I would hate to live the rest of my life wondering "what if". It would be a lot more comforting know I at least attempted.

5. Yea GC is good for answers bt u would think wen u cut off the other bitches u made a decision to put the time in the one u got. And think about it if your girl has good qualities u should cherish it because man I tell you the women in are generous suck. Seems like they just want money. If yours has qualities other than that like you can trust her,does things for u work on it. I know I Dont wanna lose that and go threw money chasing fake hoes

6. I'm not good with woman. But here's my opinion. Good luck.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Grasscity Forum mobile app

How can you even call that a relationship if you see each other once a month?  :confused_2:  :confused_2:

8. Don't let her get away, great connection and a best friend is rare, and it'll only get harder to find great people later.

9. Yep, seems the older most people get the more introverted they become from outside scars. People can be cruel. Best to cherish the ones you love.

I was reading some psychology about divorce. I saw that most of the people divorced struggle with impacting mental issues that arise from the loss of the structure, security, support and love.

There were a few comments on the bottom, all from facebook. A woman said she and her husband wondered if it was greener on the other side, now 2 divorces later they are each happily married to their third spouse, forever changed, scarred and wiser, and a whole lot poorer from all the divorce bs. Many were alcoholics or suffered severe substance abuse and depression after.

I think thats why people are so set in their ways the older they get. Thats a lot of bs to learn the hard way. Im not discouraging OP from being happy, best to find happiness now than muck up everyones life later.

10. It didn't used to be that way. The relationship went to shit.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. It goes both ways.... If u start bangin new hoes. U gotta accept the fact that she's bangin other dudes.. Can u live with that? "You can't have your cake & eat it too"

12. ^^^ Agreed. Think very thoroughly about your decisions and choice of words as well. Is it really worth losing a great friend and lover so you can have more freedom? I think you just need to find a way to spark up your relationship. Maybe finding some exciting activities that you both can do on a nice day off? There is nothing worse than leaving your long term gf for a short period of excitement.

13. Just make sure you really think it through before you end it (if you decide to go that way). I ended a year long relationship because I impulsively thought I had had enough and like 2 weeks later I realized I hadn't and it was too late. I've been broken up about it since. Later on it was revealed that I had every right to actually end the relationship but didn't know it at the time that I did, and that fucked me up even more. I don't even know if relationships are worth it. After this one, I honestly feel like I would be okay never being in another relationship ever again. It's been the roughest 3 months I've ever had. And I definitely don't feel at all like taking advantage of being single.

14. if she smells dump her

15. I feel you man.

I ended a nearly two relationship back in April. The first year was heaven. We did everything together, we fucked like peruvian fire weasels. She was a smoking hot, independently minded, bad ass hippie tomboy chick. She knew precisely who she was and didn't suffer fools, and that's why I loved her. At one point, I seriously considered slapping a ring on it.

Moving in together is probably what did us in, perhaps not right away, but surely. Money gradually became a problem. She didn't really want to be a grown up and deal with things like bills etc, which left me to sort out such things on my own. We were both trying to juggle work and school which left us on an impossibly tight budget. She kept suggesting that I drop out and pick up more work while she finished school, and then she'd do the same for me (I saw through this, and in a way, that she would even suggest this as a plan was red flag). We started bickering. Stupid, meaningless fights at first, and then the fighting became full scale emotional warfare. She would disappear to her sister's for a week, and then I'd disappear to a friend's house. After a while, we stopped communicating all together and simply coasted along in a sort of emotionless ceasefire. Eventually I ended it. I then found out that she was actually cheating on me for the last two months of the relationship.

It's only in the past month or two that I've stopped being so damn bitter about it (still a little bitter). Neither one of us was were willing to actually work through the issues. We naively assumed that we wouldn't have any of the problems that all serious couples face. We should have actively started trying to work things out as soon as we started fighting, instead of letting things fester.

Basically, I look at the whole thing as a learning experience. Don't try and force a square peg. If you're not entirely committed to the other person, then there's no point in remaining in a failed relationship. Working out relationship problems takes constant effort and commitment, and sometimes you're not willing to put everything else in your life on hold for someone who you no longer have strong feelings for.

You're still young. Maybe you should just move on?