Cover Crops/green Mulch

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Anatman, Aug 27, 2014.

1. how long does it take to water 3000' deep. i think you mean 3000' long.

• Like Like x 1
    northiat

I really screwed that post up - LOL!

What I meant to write is 30' and not 3,000' - it's been corrected. 

Doofus here....

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dam. Had me thinking it was some kind of WMD lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Question. When planting green mulches would you typically need to leave half the pot or so open for top feedings? Or can I cover them with slurry's.

I should have retired the chillum earlier last night than I did - to say the least! LMAO

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anyone?

7. I think this thread is more important then others word assume.I wish it got more attention

8. Alright where is Zombie at? I know he uses living mulch( clover). How tall does it grow? When do you cut it down? Should you turn it over a few weeks before stretch for that extra extra N? I am very curious! Where is sticky b? Is it because it me asking these questions? Lmao. Wouldn't doubt it.

9. #29 over dere, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    CD

I 'think' you're talking about a clover variety known as Dwarf White Dutch Clover (Trifolium Repens) which grows to about 4" tall. 

About 3 or 4 years ago there was a lot of discussion at all types of gardening forums, i.e. not just MJ. The problem was sourcing it after several months because it's added to lawn seed mixes and it became difficult to find as a single product.

Oregon is one of the largest producers of lawn seed and therefore lawn seed mixes meaning that a lot of this clover seed came into Oregon but it was impossible to buy it even if you were wanting a full pallet - the supplier laughed at me when I asked about a pallet.

"Talk to me about a truck-load and I'll see what I can do for you" - LOL!

I understand that it's available again to some degree. It's a good one to use that's for sure!

CC

• Like Like x 1
  10. So sourcing it is the problem of the discussion? There's inst enough input?

11. CD

There was a problem with sourcing about 2 years ago and I and others quit looking. I just checked and there are suppliers that I found via Google. 

Here's one that comes without any recommendation other than the fact that they have this clover and it's available inoculated or raw. Inoculating clover seeds (as well as many other seeds) is very important. They also provide some information that might be helpful.

Outside Pride

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks TJ

13. not sure about green mulch in containers,mostly beneficial in larger areas outdoors,not saying it wouldn't work in containers.it just seems that it would compete for nutrients.

• Like Like x 1
  14. +1  green mulches in containers just don't make a lot of sense to me, unless they were really large containers. like 50 gal+ or one of those the size of a kiddie pool that CC posted a pic of.

But, go for it and see how it works out for you and your situation. Experience trumps theory IMO.

Wet

• Like Like x 1