Do Not Get The New Medical Cannabis Strain M80?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by drummerben04, Aug 27, 2014.

At one point, tobacco was the same way. All I'm saying is, Look for the signs of corrupt Gov. trying to take it over. 

2. #42 rain dancer, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
    I agree with the Govt being corrpt, but alcohol and tobacco are legal for anyone to grow/make, just not sell since theyre regulated by the atf.

I myself have found a single strand of what i thought was hair, but turned out to be a jamaican tobacco plant in some jamaican bat guano and i grew it into a tree before i moved.

This is the same argument being made with guns. Even russia couldnt take all the weapons from their citizens when they tried,pre-ww2.

Its an impossible feat imo, corruption or no, myself would bury anything i needed in such a way it could not be found.

Hell, were still discovering coin troves buried thousands of years ago by the romans.

Edit: tbh, i cant think of a time tobacco was outlawed since native americans roamed north america and the spanish ruled mexico, baja california, california. 400ish years ago

3. there is no argument from me. I know exactly what you mean, they will never be able to take it away cuz there is just an abundance of it. they haven't been able to yet and wont. All I'm saying is they will try somethin at some point. they always do. If everyone grew tobacco and carried guns, ect.. the gov cant put everyone in prison, but they will surely try. They  kidnap ppl for making shine (personal use or no), as well as selling it. 
      even the simple task of going to the store, they try to take away your rights by propagandizing that you need a licence to drive. Well, it's true you need a licence to "drive", just not to travel for personal reasons.  And ppl have fallen for the BS for so long that the Gov now controls ppls right to travel. and ppl will argue about it, that's how brain washed the general public is. just remember, at one point, didn't need a licence to use any kinda car, truck, even a plane or train. and still don't if you know your rights.
       Once they ban all guns cuz ppl kill ppl, the only ones with guns will be criminals and Gov. mafia. but ppl are to lazy to defend themselves and want to call the cops and wait instead. blows my mind how they can't see what's right infront of'em. i could go on and on, as I'm sure you could too. 

4. If Monsanto can genetically engineer marijuana to grow into a literal tree, I'd buy that shit, and I'd grow buds taller then me lol
    But till then I'llgrow bag seed or, buy from breeders

5. Is this another fear mongering and Monsanto bashing gmo thread? The fallacies in these threads are fantastic, such entertain

6. One misinformed premise is that all mutations are bad. http://knowgenetics.org/common_misconceptions/

Scientists can control mutations in the sense they can "weed out" mutations and set generational limitations or internal clocks within those mutations plants. They cannot fix the mutation, again you have to assume your mutation is a bad one, they can find solutions. As you will see my life bets they will find the best produce to move forward, why? because bad products will affect the bottom line, we have to use this since most here likely think these sicentist have no 'souls" or compassion.

Many of us have fallen victim to the hype: http://scienceblogs.com/denialism/2013/03/29/anti-gmo-writers-show-profound-ignorance-of-basic-biology-and-now-jane-goodall-has-joined-their-ranks/

I am sure the good will out weight the bad, just like it is doing now. To think the GMO companies are not concerned about something that would impact their profit is absurd. If they do not care about humanity as some indicate or the plant world, then you must concede they care about profit. 
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140813131044.htm

7. I never assumed a mutation was bad, quite the contrary. Imagine if the plant mutated and pollinated wild crops anyway? One plant is all it would take.

Its funny to try to explain this but ill do my best quickly. Remember the Russet potato? The potato that actually arrived as a result of a breeding program gone wrong, where a mutant was found. This mutant now sits on tables across the world and is preferred.

http://www1.american.edu/ted/idahopotato.htm

Point is, science can get it wrong to non-detriment and even a benefit sometimes, but nature can get it right, whether we want it to or not.

Thinking we have all the power to control is absurd. Something as simple as a theft from their facility could bring about a change in crop mutations that effect the whole world, like the russet potato did.

8. You are an exception to the anti GMO crowd about mutation claims. We do not stop progress over theft and its affects on the world. No progress would ever occur if we do not take those chances, the benefits will out weigh any detrimental fear mongering. Their entire business relies on it. Billions of hungry rely on it much more than the 1000s who hate capitalism and effective corporations, which is the crux of the ANTIs. real motivations. 

9. They are feeding more people with less environment impacts. They are doing it with plants that produce more on a single stalk (reducing land requirements), need less water (saving scarce resources), and making them resistant to molds (protecting yields and harvests), and resistant to other disease (saves on pesticide usage). All this at affordable prices for poor nations. 

So you either are ignorant of the facts or lying. 

10. I have always been the exception to the rule, because reality is where i live and i recognize delusion quite well.

That word progress is the real issue imo. It has been abused too much by those in power,or those with the delusion that theyre in power. Progress is always made at the cost of something. That whole, Newtons law theory.

I gave you a few examples of possible ways things could go wrong, but the reality is many of these desperate farmers are growing gmos right next to good old fashioned heirlooms. That may not be problematic for your line of thinking, but i recognize the delusion immedietly.

You gave examples of what scientists can do, NOT what theyre doing, which means realistically, they may have already done what i said.

That word "may" leaves too many possibilities open, wouldnt you agree? Maybe not, but justification implies bias, whereas standing somewhere in the middle, open to logical analysis of given facts implies rational thought.

We always justify the most "controversial scientific" experiments in the name of "progress."

Hitler used the children to get people behind him. Whatever works you know? (Dont read too much into that Hitler comment, it was meant to cause an emotional rise)

You claim were growing it to feed the people. But the reality is theyre growing it to make money.

Whos delusion is that? Mine or yours?

Heres an example of them growing ebola vaccines in plants
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-06/ebola-drug-from-tobacco-part-of-promising-therapies.html

Theyre saving lives, but how many people will get that shot for free? Youll justify it saying nothing is free, or think of the cost of research and ill point you to George Washington Carver and wait for a well thought out reply.

Or we can talk about how the people eating some of these experiments are really part of the experiment. I mean, these "drug companies" have been in trouble in the past for handing out non approved vaccines in the name of "progress" to "help save lives" sound familiar? It's another way of saying, "here, be a guinea pig, lab rat!" :smoke:

Nothing is free, even being the first experiment has its consequences, which is why there are men on earth grounded by thought and swimming in the possibilities, unable to be bought and sold amongst the capitalist market where propaganda and politicians are interchangeable.

But i digress, as this is my bias poking his head out from beneath the mask. So here's some rational food for thought.

Here's an excellent example of how breeding is in fact, better for "some plants" than genetic modification, and at the same time, the virus resistant papaya slips through the "breeding easily" cracks, and becomes an example of the positive impact "well focused" research can accomplish, when saving the world and keeping an industry alive comes before profit.....in an industry of profit lol
    http://monsantoblog.com/2009/04/13/gmo-vegetables-animal-dna/

Double edged sword technology and science. In the end it all depends on who's the guy driving the car and what's in it for him. :cool:

11. #51 drummerben04, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    The problem is their injecting DNA from other species that would of never gotten their through traditional breeding. In fact, in the right soil conditions non GMO crops do not need pesticides or herbicides. If you watch the video you can see the concerns. It's not the fact that their finding new ways to produce food. I'm not anti Science in fact I think Monsanto is Anti-Science because they actually pay out are FDA to stop independent studies from ever seeing the light of day. I am concerned of the pace of how fast these GMO's have been let into our environment. It's a disgrace that 88% of corn, 94% of soy ect. Grown in the United States is genetically modified. I feel this science was pushed too fast with out any long term studies what so ever. I'm for safe science and Monsanto is not for safe science. GMO's haven't been proven to be beneficial, it's all one big experiment and were the lab rats eating all the GMO's. So let's look at least to see if GMO's have actually been beneficial to our society so far. All signs point to no. Pesticide use increases tremendously forget the numbers but something crazy like 300,000 extra pounds of pesticide each year. GMO's require more water to survive. Let's see Monsanto is now patenting their seeds and shutting down farms if seeds blow onto conventional farms. Their putting small Indian Farmers out of business. GMO's have far less vitamins or nutrients than organic crops, GMO crops are starting to wipe out conventional crops literally taking our all native species plants and foods in its path. GMO's are creating super bugs which aren't effected by the pesticide producing plants which isn't that the whole reason for their creation anyways, GMO Genes can possibly multiple in your own body when eaten which is why some people say soy allergies and peanut allergies are so high today. Also GMO's are injected with antibiotic marker genes which might reproduce in your body and can cause a compromised immune system. Monsanto is genetically modifying plants to produce chemicals 2, and 4-D the same chemicals found in Agent Orange. To say that GMO's are benefiting the world is also a little untrue. Reason?, fact is GMO's are really only being grown in America. Most of the world bans or puts strong regulation on this technology. If you want a full list of countries which have put out regulations and bans which involve over 75 developed countries than reply with your comments.

This is why we are all concerned. Great make GMO's but keep it in a laboratory. In my opinion GMO's are a temporary solution to a more permanent problem. For people telling me the cannabis strains aren't fact your right their not and I said that. Just wanted to put out a warning on those strains which are supposedly being produced in other countries. GMO cannabis in America is quite the possibility in fact their already selling it in Uruguay which has fully legalized cannabis. Here's some more links showing Genetically modified Cannabis strains are currently being grown and tested in other countries. If not cannabis than Monsanto will Genetically modify industrial hemp once it's legalized. I hope to god GMO hemp would not get into the percentage rates being grown in America like GMO soy or corn.

http://ukcia.org/wordpress/?p=871

http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/ArticlesMain/tabid/56/ID/9027/US-Patent-Pending-for-Genetically-Modified-Marijuana.aspx

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/breedit-monsanto-and-gw-pharma-underscoring-advancements-in-medical-marijuana-industry-2014-09-04

In my opinion if you can't sell it then the government owns it. The government already has started taking over cannabis sales while only approving 3% of growers to be able to sell legally in Washington and Colorado. So is full legalization with government regulation what we really want or just national decriminalization? Are tomatoes regulated, is eggplants regulate? It seems like in Colorado and Washington only the big guys get to sell cannabis to the public.

12. So much wrong I wouldn't even know where to begin^

13. All that sounds desperate and angry. The progress is already feeding billions and doing it with all the safety and controls. free? No one is entitled to anything. The companies that expend the time and effort to research and develop can dictate to the market. It is after all what freedom demands. Only dictators and tyrants demand what someone else does with their property. Oh yes, these scientists and companies have rights too, much more than the lazy and inept. They deserve our respect and if it is their merchandise we will pay their price or go somewhere else. They have zero obligation to do a damned thing for free. That being said, I bet these great corporations do more helping the poor than any poor man ever did. Smoke that delusion! 

14. Corporations dictating anything to anyone is certainly not freedom. And they have rights because they have deep pockets, whereas the little guy does not, but spoken like a true elitist, the little guy is of no concern to you or to the corporation, even though he's the majority and the one effected most.

It would appear you drank the koolaid. Seems our debate has reached a climax, as you didnt even respond to my points, just propgandized your response labeling my post angry while using the words freedom, tyranny, dictators, lazyness, ineptness as if to label anyone who disagrees with the corporation and progress. Lots of heavy labels there meant to dissuade discussion. Its a weak reply.

Like when the U.S. said, "if youre not with us, you're against us." rational thought be damned!

:smoke:

Your post is defensive, as if I attacked your beloved Monsanto with rational thought, but projecting insecurity onto others is much easier than glancing into the mirror I suppose.

You dont want a rational discussion, you just want to shove your opinion down other peoples throats and have them agree with you.

No thanks.

15. Christ it figures . .  Monsanto is a very familiar name to me. I'm also a member of the Food Revolution Network amongst others.. His name is nothing but poison itself! Round Up, sound off, Round Up eat that shit, Round Up 1 2 3 4 Hup! Just say to yourselves, "It's all about the money!" A way to thin out the population as the corporate wallets fatten from the death of innocent lives! Fuck 'em all!

16. They lose money by killing their constituents. That makes no sense. No one is interested in killing people off for profit because losing your customers loses you money.

Uh huh.

[​IMG]

18. #58 WannaGrowBuds, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    Human DNA mutates every generation. Scientists estimate that in 6000 years it will have so many mutations that humans will not be able to reproduce. Forget plants, without genetic engineering we will be extinct in 6000 years.

19. What piece of information are you referring to?

20. Should have seen someone bring that up

Most of it