Do Not Get The New Medical Cannabis Strain M80?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by drummerben04, Aug 27, 2014.

1. #1 drummerben04, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    Why do I say this, well, Yes folks Monsanto has finally gotten into the Medical Marijiwana business and have developed the first Genetically Modified Cannabis Strain and they call it M80. Monsanto and Marlboro are teaming up to bring you this new strain. They've already stated testing the strain in the Country Uruguay the only country right now where Cannabis has been fully legalized and regulated by their government.

Their waiting approval by our government and will be sold in medical dispensaries all over Washington and Colorado by January 2015. I strongly warn against using this.

What do I get out of all this. If we fully legalize Cannabis in the states Monsanto will be all over it. So I say the government shouldn't regulate and tax it just make it legal. Does the Government regulate any other plant, Tomatoes? Carrots? I think not. Look what happened when out government started taxing Tobacco, the cigarette business was born with toxic chemicals like rat poison, arsenic, asbestos, and addicting properties such as nicotine. If we tax cannabis just imagine what they will do with it. Just a imagine nicotine filled cannabis Marlboro cigarettes. Then they will have an excuse to call cannabis addicting. Is this a plot to make cannabis addicting? We should all stay on top of this and see where all of this heads.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Any sources to back up your claim? Legit sites?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

3. I'll keep an eye on it. I want it tested at an American lab.

4. #4 DorianOmega, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Monsanto should just stick to hemp strains and revitalize that whole industry.
    No one in their right mind will buy Monsanto weed unless its like a tenth of the price of getting it from a "guy" or a dispensary, especially if they've teamed up with fuckin' Marlboro, pesticides engineered to be produced by the plant is no doubt the first thing Monsanto did with their strain, NO THANKS.

On the other hand, they could make a strain that is super healthy (for the user) and extra potent with all that genetic engineering, make all the other strains look like shwag and set a new standard. This is the optimist in me speaking, one can dream...

5. #5 drummerben04, Aug 27, 2014
    Your not going to see this on CNN or ABC anytime soon but here's were I found it, we'll just have to see in 2015. Many Facebook pages I belong to have reported this too. It goes by other names or different strains currently which are rumored to be already in production in other countries so watch out for the names

"Creepy" , "La Cominera"', "M80"

Supposedly there being modified to have a higher THC level. For example "La Cominera" supposedly has an 18% THC. Now that is high. So evidently GM strains can be sold for more money so it would cost more for it's extreme qualities. I don't care though, many bad things can happen when genetically modifying a plant. Bad Proteins can go from bad to extremely bad. That why we think their are so many Peanut allergies today from Genetically Modified Peanuts. I can't confirm any of this but links are below. Of coarse I would never be using GMO cannabis. I can post a video below if you like on the health concerns of GMO's. This isn't 100% fact but I'm just saying be on the look out for those 3 strains I have found now to be supposedly genetically modified.

http://prn.fm/monsanto-plans-patent-genetically-modified-marijuana-brand-uruguay/

http://www.kcet.org/living/food/food-rant/monsanto-to-take-over-the-weed-industry.html

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2013/07/30/Manipulating-Marijuana-Monsanto-and-Syngenta-Invest-RNA-Interference-Technology

http://www.zengardner.com/legalize-marijuana-gmo-pot-way/

http://www.thedailybell.com/news-analysis/34833/Monsanto-Marijuana-Initiative-Grows-in-Uruguay/

http://youtu.be/XXX6LCssJSo

6. #6 wanderingtoker, Aug 27, 2014
    Thank you for sources, though I'm still not sold on how valid it is. And 18% thc is nothing compared to the 30% strains we see today in shops or the high grade concentrates that test 80-90%. I still am on the fence on the gmo issue till far more research supports one way or the other. But at least you have sources, unlike many here in the city.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. #7 Space_and_Time, Aug 27, 2014
    until we have any evidence we cant just assume that they are going to genetically modify the bud. Big corporations like that probably have access to the most expensive equipment, and money to higher the best growers, so maybe they are just growing some dank trying to sink their teeth in this billion dollar industry. Also like the guy above me said 18% is good but its nothing to question the legitimacy of grow about.

8. Just a friendly warning to be on the look out. Not really looking to ban GMO's I just think it should be slowed down and labeled. 88% and 94% of soy being Genetically modified in America is ridiculous. I'm glad the organic label exists. I consider if it's not organic it's not real food. The FDA should require all food in the U.S to go by the organic standard and it's really sad the chemicals that can be used in conventional foods and the pesticides and herbicides that can be sprayed on crops and the amount allowed. Besides the fact though if you want here is a video from the institute for responsible science on the health effects of GMO's and the science being ignored. Its long but brings some fact in a sea of lies.

http://youtu.be/CU9LmFLaC18

9. when will a cruise missile hit monsanto hq? it's overdue now

10. #10 beaniegrl420, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    None of those sources actually led to real proof... the one with the long quote, and the source link at the bottom was... seemingly, from nothing, cuz the source didn't link to anything, and the only article I could find predating that one was only speculation... as are most of those links. 

Monsanto has been investing in RNAi, for a looooong time, but that doesn't mean they're flooding the mmj market with it yet (just every other market). I have every hope that they'll be unable to actually be competitive in the quality area, only the price area. And, hey, some people like ditch weed. Their prerogative, but until banks will actually back cannabis industries, you won't see any large corps really making a play for it. 

There's a VERY LARGE monsanto in my area... I would LOVE to see it blown the fuck up. I used to work by there, and would have to drive by every day. FUCK that place. I live in so cal and can't even be sure the food I buy locally isn't gmo'd cuz of their manipulative, intrusive policies.

12. Fuck that, I don't care if they're trying to grow and sell regular cannabis, they're a massive tobacco industry. Marlboro is an evil company straight up

13. That's why I grow my own, I'll never buy or smoke their shit. I don't care about the prices or quality.

Probably never. Our own Govt won't do that, and anyone else would love us to kill ourselves off with nutritionless GMO shit food.

15. #15 ProGMO, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
    Looks like weed is finally evolving into something most growers will eventually like. The organic guys will likely oppose this because of this fascination with somehow thinking archaic techniques are the best. science is our friend and Monsanto is taking the lead in creating what the organic guys cannot even come close too. One day I predict that home growers will either prefer Monsanto and GMO seeds or just be stubborn and want to cater to the gluten free types. 

:confused: bleh.  :hide:

17. Genetically modified to .... GASP 18% THC MY GOD CALL THE PRESS.

Great video. Thanks for sharing. :) 

19. My blood is probably 18% THC...

20. just thinking about something you are modifying it in its existence in correlation with your own and how you shape your world with what is available to you. everything evolves and changes becoming better for itself at the physical plane or extinct into the non physical. 

you are simply speaking of monoculture and mass reproduced etc.... look at what that thinking is doing to our food and for the planet and the difference found in nature and beautiful diversity therein. the only problem, nature takes so much time and we want it now while doing/trying anything to get it quick.