My Second Grown. Northern High Lights And Super Iced Grape Fruit

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by quidado, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Grow room:
    6ft Wide X 4ft Long X 9ft tall closet.

Equipment
    3 Fan window fan Exhausting into attic (Dehumidifier running in attic to avoid mold)
    6x8 inch air intake hole on closet door.
    600 Watt MH/HPS with reflector
    1 Fan blowing directly on the bulb to keep cool. 
    1 oscillating fan circulating air and blowing on plants.

Soil 
    Pro-Mix potting soil + additional perlite. 

Plants:
    2x Feminized Norther High Lights
    2x Feminized Super Iced Grape Fruit

Began Germinating: August 17th
    Planted: August 18th
    Sprouted: August 20

Looking for tips:

What would be the best way to take advantage of height rather than width. I have more height than width to spare. So I'd rather my plants grow taller, rather than wider and over lap each other.

Pictures to follow.

2. 1 week since sprout.

Attached Files:

3. #4 quidado, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2014
    Sorry I forgot I made this post. I switched to 12/12 on October 12th.
    Topped each plant twice.

I ended up going all organic for the soil, which led me to have issues with fungus gnats. I was able to correct the issue by allowing the soil to dry, bottom watering, and sticky strips.

Plants are about 3 feet tall.

see pictures

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice grow bro. I thought u were going for height, instead of width. Why did u top? R u gonna lollipop those beauties! Subd

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks! I was going to go for height but the more I thought about it, the more topping made sense.. My last grown, most my yield was from the main cola, then a bunch of popcorn buds....

I did minimal lollypooping. I plan to do more, just every time I go to do it, I think to myself "Well maybe this branch could become something" lol
    I do plan to do more, I just need to get the balls to do it.

6. So here's a few more pictures. They're growing pretty fast right now. I ended up doing a bit more lollypopping... couldn't bring myself to go any higher.

I was considering pruning some upper fan leaves to allow for better light penetration... but would there really be a point since I lolly popped and most lower growth has/will be removed... 

Attached Files:

7. Here's a few more pictures. The buds are starting to develop quite nicely.

Attached Files:

8. #9 bgsixxxniner, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
    I would probably just supercrop the tallest couple branches on each plant, away from center of plant. But only if branches r supple enough, and not to woody. Know what I mean?
    But those r some beauties! Nice and green!

9. #10 quidado, Oct 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
    Thanks! I think I might just let them go as is. They're quite happy, and we're getting quite a bit of growth every day. I did over feed them once last week.. and a couple lower leaves got some burn, but nothing too bad.. After a quick flush, they were as happy as can be.

Side note - I did something dumb... I moved the plants around, and while doing so, I removed the labels I made that told me which plan was which strain... So at this point, I have no idea which ones are super Iced Grape Fruit, and which ones are Northern High Lights. Do you think it would be a challenge to identify the strains by eye? If so, I'd probably have to wait till much later in flower, right?

here's some more pics for fun. It's hard to see in the pics, but the sugar leaves and pistils are already getting quite frosty... I've also been experimenting with temperature fluctuation and letting it get as cold as 60 degrees for a couple of hours a day..I hear the cold later in flower may help with trich production?

Attached Files:

10. #11 quidado, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    Day 17 of flower and we have some decent bud and trich production. They're getting frostier by the day.

Temps during the day are hanging around 75.. and night time temps 65 - 70.. and sometimes I'll let the temp drop to about 60 for a couple hours.

Just fed them for the first time since I flushed almost a week ago. they seem to be taking to the feeding quite well.

Here's some more pictures.

Attached Files:

11. And here's some magnified pics just for fun.

Attached Files:

12. Nice pics & plants! They're looking dank as Hell. 😀
    Man that's messed up bout names. U should be able to tell later on or at harvest time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Beautiful plants, looks like they have plenty of space - looking forward to how these will turn out juicy bro juicy!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. #15 quidado, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
    I'm updating a little too frequently but I'm amazed at how well these plants are doing compared to my last grow. My last grow lacked a bit in the trich production, I think because of too much heat...

With this grow, I've been letting the fresh cold fall air in and temps will drop to 58 - 60 degrees at for a few hours a day.. Which I think is helping with the trich production.

Day 21 of Flower

Attached Files:

15. Looking great. Almost 1/2 way!

16. Looks like I'm running into some deficiencies? I'm having trouble identifying them. Only affecting bottom fan leaves.. which I understand may be common in flower? But I thought it was much later in flower.

I've been including cal-mag in my feedings to avoid deficiency.

Maybe It's a toxicity issue? I can't decide if I should do a feed tomorrow or a small flush...

Attached Files:

17. Of course the top parts of the plants are still doing great

Attached Files:

18. Those r some beasts! Looking very green!

19. I've been able to differentiate the two different strains by bud appearance.. Now I just need to determine which is which.