Zachazooms Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by zachazoom27, Aug 26, 2014.

1. So I couldn't help myself and I checked at lunch. 3 of the 5 are definitly splitting. I can barely see the root. The other two are super swollen so I have high hopes. I will keep them in the paper towel for now. I may transplant them tonight or tomorrow. What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. #22 tru1212, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
    well I get all excited too and If the taproot pops. I'll always put in soil

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "My Cup Got Runn Over".

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah usually good seeds should be up above the ground within 48 hours sometimes a bit longer.

But that's if you germ your seed first in paper towel or some other method. If you put seeds straight to whatever medium you use, it usually take a bit longer.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Just give it some time, mother nature will take care of it. You can't really speed up the process. Be Patient it's the name of this game :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. correct sorry if I did not specify

7. Lol that's what I said kinda. Not shitting on my parade :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sounds pretty normal. Be patient. This whole process is one of patience.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I am not trying to rush it. They are in a dark space and pretty warm.

When they pop from the soil. What height should I keep the 600w light??. I can dim it to 75 and 50%

10. at least 15 inches I would think I am led man

11. Here's a chart for size of bulb and distance
    HPSGraphPAR.gif

• Like Like x 1
  12. That was for HP's this is for mh
    MHGraphPAR.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. So my goal is to have at least 100 % correct. I have never really understood those charts

14. Yes that's right. Goal is 100% and you will have tropical intensity. I would add 6" to that to start and lower it slowly, keeping and eye on the temp of the tops of plants.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Awesome, thanks for the help!

16. I think norm is 18in for 600w, but if you got air cooled hood you can go as low as 6in.

I'll be using 600w  for the very first time pretty soon,  old faithful 400w is going into the veg. tent.

• Like Like x 2
  17. #37 zachazoom27, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    I moved 4 of the 5 seeds to soil. Some of the roots were pretty long!. The 5th, bubble bomb, has not germinated yet so I put it on the playstation and added a few sprays of water. I will check on it in the morning. I have the other 4 in solo cups with 15 % perlite and the rest happy frog from fox farms. Happy frog already had a lot of perlite in it. I turned on the light for the first time!! I set it to 50% and have it about 20 inches above the soil. Is it even necessary for me to have the light on when the plants have not popped from the soil?

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1328381-Zachazooms-Scrog-Grow

• Like Like x 1
  18. Make sure solo cups are filled almost to the top. Nah it's not necessary for the light to be on when they're not up yet, but I do it any ways haha it keeps the soil a bit warmer.  Some people do it some don't.

If you running your lights at 50% so that's 300w, when they sprout you can go bit lower then 20in to prevent the stretch. Just to the back hand test and you should be fine, if it's hot for your hand and it's hot for your plants.

Just little tip, when you switch to 12/12 keep your MH bulb in for another two weeks after the flip to prevent all that stretching they do during first 3 weeks of 12/12, they'll still stretch but not as much and after two weeks time you can switch your bulb to HPS.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #39 zachazoom27, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
    My solo cups have about one inch of room I can always cut the inch off. Is that full enough?

All my seeds germed except for bubble bomb. I am keeping it in the papertowel and hoping it germs.

If it doesn't should I reach out to the breeder?

My light is on hanging about 15 inches away. The light is on 50 % strength with a cool tube. I can put my hand a few in he's away and not have trouble. I running my lights from 7pm to 1pm the next day. I am doing this to avoid the hot time of the afternoon.

Temps this week in the valley are a little high so I am nervous. I also have my parents coming in from out of state to see my new house. Hopefully they don't get mad about the garden. My dad also smokes so I don't think they will. Plus it is legal.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1328381-Zachazooms-Scrog-Grow

• Like Like x 1