Zachazooms Scrog Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by zachazoom27, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ZachaZoom's Scrog

This is my first grow. I am wanting to keep a journal so I can look back at my grow and learn from it, as well as utilizing the GC to assist me in my grow. I will start by explaining my grow. I get internet at the new house in a week or so and will post pictures then.

Strains:
    I bought 5 seeds and hoping they all germ. From Bomb Seeds, I have Bubble Bomb. Kush Bomb, and Cluster Bomb. From StrainHunters I have MoneyMaker. I will also be using a freebee from Royal Queen, Critical. All seeds are feminized. I hope they all germ.

Grow Area:
    I have a 10x12x8 Tuff Shed. This Shed is fully insulated and has one window with 4 air vents located at the top of each corner. In the Shed is a handmade desk where I can store materials and write in the grow journal. I will place the grow in the far left corner of the Shed. The Scrog will only be 3.5x3.5.

Temperature:
    I live in NorCal's Central Valley, aka really hot area east of San Fran. The weather is very dry and is currently in the low 90s but should decrease from here on out. I will have to battle heat for the first 3 weeks of the grow, with temps peaking near 93 in the Shed. This temp is only this high for approx. 2 hours and then drops. It gets lows of 67 w/o the light.

Ventilation:
    To battle the temps, I purchased a 460cfm inline fan that will suck air through the cool tube hood and out the vent located at the top of the shed. I also have a brand new carbon filter that I will attach when the cent gets bad. I have a control on the fan that allows me to reduce the speed.

Lights:
    I have a 600W MH/HPS dimmable light. The brand is Apollo. I can dim it by 75% and 50%. It came with an air cooled hood. I am very impressed with the light so far as it barely affects shed temps

Medium:
    I am putting the seeds in FF Happy Frog with 10% added perlite (I felt that it already had a lot of Perlite in it already. I will transplant into 1 gallon with FF Ocean Fresh with 30% perlite. Then up to the 5 Gallons with FFOF and 30% Perlite

Nutrients:
    I will not add any nutes for the first month or so. When I do use Nutes I plan on using FF Big Bloom and the Veg Nutes.

Seeds:
    I have gone with 5 seeds for this grow. I dropped them in distilled water last night and they all sank within the first 4 hours. I will check them tonight and transfer unsprouted seeds to a paper towel and use the paper towel method from there.

So far the only thing I have done is set up the ventilation in the Shed and dropped the seeds into water for 24 hours.

Next step is to transplant them to the paper towels if they do not sprout. I will put the paper towels between two plates then into a bag on top of my PlayStation.

I look forward to hearing any criticism or ideas on how to improve my grow. I will post pics regularly, as I just got a new digital SLR camera!!. Please subscribe and offer any help!!!!

2. Subbed i just got kush bomb and cherry bomb !

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "My Cup Got Runn Over".

3. #3 tru1212, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  4. let a fella know! Feel free to drop your thoughts anytime...

5. Subbed, good luck on the germ!

6. Thanks! I transferred them to paper towels in paper plates and then in a plastic bag tonight. I am nervous as this is my first time.

7. you'll be ok

8. Well since I've used grow big (the veg nute from ff) I'd recommend only using half of what they recommend, if that. Especially when you first feed them.

9. agreed

10. How long does it usually take for seeds to germ? When should I check the seeds? I put one on my play station to use as a heating pad.

11. 24 hours maybe 48, usually they don't sprout much after that I don't think

12. mine usually germ within 1824 hrs

13. Subbed and here for the ride :bongin:

14. For the first time you could even go with 1/4 dose and work your way up, but I would never go over full dose, that sh*t is potent lol

15. I don't want to sh*t on anyone's parade but seeds can take up to a week to sprout, it all depends on the seed. But they usually do sprout within 48 hours or a bit more.

16. u feel like good ones sprout within 48

17. You guys had me scare when you said 24 hours. I checked this morning, and no seeds had sprouted yet. However, they all looked pretty swollen and soft. One appeared like it may be just about to sprout. I will check again on my lunch break a well as after work. Thanks for all the help

18. check after work so you don't disappoint your self!