Homeade Mason Jar Bong

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by novaboot, Aug 25, 2014.

1. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408997920.452038.jpg
    So... What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Great I need one of them ....lol

3. Is that a plastic straw you used for a downstem? You gonna get lung cancer in 1 day bro.

4. m8 do u sel these?

5. No, it's just a thick plastic pen. I know it's not much of a step up, but it's something, haha.

6. Not at the moment... But I probably will at one point. Do you think people would buy these?

7. A plastic downstem will melt. You will be inhaling the plastic.

8. And the bowl has some sort of gold paint on it.. Don't use this piece man lol

9. Go to your smoke shop, then buy a glass downstem and bowl. Replace that gold piece and the plastic tube. And maybe try finding a glass stem to use for a mouth piece. Then you will have a good homemade piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. ^this would be awesome^!! I'd buy one myself!  :)

11. I'm not gonna lie that is pretty cool! I couldnt imagine using my mason jar that is literally not see through because of all the keif and trichomes that's been collected 😁

Although on second thought... Probably wouldn't have much effect.

Creative piece anyways !

12. I feel like the hardest part will be finding the stem. Well I guess I could use one of Solo stems...

13. Seriously, I was thinking about doing this. I have a drill, and a mason jar. I would need rubber grommets and the tube and bowl. It would work!! I just hope that the inside of the lid is cleanable.

14. This may be out there but what about getting like a magnifying glass....glass and put it where the lid goes? The downsides to this would be the need to drill through the glass. Would make a pretty cool looking piece if it would work though

15. IDK. It would heat up the water in the sun on a hot day. maybe make the jar hot to hold. But I know what you mean by magnifying glass. They use those on jars in dispensaries and they don't want their patients handling the meds.

16. If you happen to have a mason jar with a handle may be a little more manageable. What material is the standard lid on a mason?

17. Aluminum? Galvanized steel?

18. Thanks for the advice guys, the mason jar bong 2.0 is coming soon!

19. This is sweet!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

20. Neither of which I recommend inhaling if heated up to release their toxins. So I would think a taller downstem/bowl would be best option here. If you can't actually clean them I know you can buy just lids for them.