Goldgrowers Tangerine Dream Dwc Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Aug 25, 2014.

1. #121 GoldGrower, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
    Sorry about  leaving this thread for dead. I haven't been on in a few weeks. All my plants and grow equipment had to be moved out of my house due to an issue with my landlord. So all my plants have taken a bit of a battering, some lost, some preserved with cloning. I have a bit more to do but for the most of it I am growing again 

2. ok peeps im back in the game. Sorry about the big gap in updates but it should be smooth sailing from here on in.

I got my two tents up now, well, one of them and I'm halfway through the other.

I have set up my 70 litre reservoir with the 6 site lid 

[​IMG]

And have 4 clones of my tangerine dreams, sadly one didn't make it. The other plant there is my old blue cheese which has had its last clone now. I won't be cloning it any more, I've had it well over a year now and getting sorta bored with it. One of the best plants I have ever grown so I'm a little sad to see it go. One last harvest on it so I'll jar up an oz and keep it for nostalgia purposes haha 

[​IMG]

There is space for another plant there, I'm hoping to root a lemon haze in time to have it in there but we shall see what fate delivers for me 

They are in rough shape now and their roots have been severely damaged when they were separated but I'm sure they will bounce back. Once growth is apparent ill top these right down and get them bushing out so I can fill the width of this tent and get them flowering. 

The tangerine dreams have a flowering period of twice the blue cheese so I'm not sure how I will tackle this when it's time to take the blue cheese out.  I might try grafting a branch from a different plant on to the stump and see if I can keep the roots alive so they don't rot and ruin the reservoir

3. Gg will you be updating here?

4. the last time i followed your journal you didn't have such nice lights!

5. Badass :metal:

Gonna be growin some blue cheese myself very soon! Will be watchin!

Yeah mate, it's the same tangerine dreams, albeit clones of the original 4 so it's the same grow with a pause in it, well sort of haha  

The LED? I've had it a while now, I love it

I love the blue cheese man, what breeder are yours? 

7. Good to see you back. Sorry to hear about landlord issues. Here is my Tangerine D. I named her Charity. As you can see she is small for her age. I'm tried to keep her small....mind you not this small though. But, with this grow I learned a little more. I'm think Charity and Beth will be ready to get chopped hopefully by end of the month

Attached Files:

Wow man,  they have an amazing amount of trichomes on them.  How long have they been on 12/12? 

I don't know what the fuck happened there ^^^

9. January would make it 3 or 3.5 mnths 12/12 I think....my notebook got nutes spilled on it so I'm not certain. This whole grow was fucked from jump...besides trying to keep them small....I'm still fighting the root rot issue and there for awhile Tange root development was below poor...I'm not gonna get a whole lot out of them. Which is fine because I'm the only one smoking it anyway. ...but I expected some stretching that I didn't get. 1ft 6in is much smaller than I wanted was hoping to keep them at 2-3ft

Attached Files:

10. #130 GoldGrower, Jan 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2015
    I was just about to switch mine to flower because I thought they might stretch a lot.  Perhaps I'll hold back a bit before switching to use up some height.  

3.5 months?  Dam that's a long time,  I heard they take a while to flower,  but didn't realise it was as long as that 

11. Man like I said I'm not certain. It could be 2 months....had so much going on with this grow and with other stuff in my personal life I didn't keep as good of records as I did last time around. I should have waited to start this grow but I was over zealous. I wish I would've held off on 12/12 I may have gotten the 2-3ft I am was hoping to get from all my grows. I'm about to start autos now....but since I'm not certain when these will finish up. Kinda scared autos will be ready to take over tent before the regs are ready to move out.

Hows it going mate? They must be pretty big now?

Is Amhazed in DWC cause yours will probably flower bigger quicker if not.

13. #133 GoldGrower, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015

They have been topped several times so they aren't any taller,  but they have thickened out a bit.  Ill sort out a photo now 

14. #134 GoldGrower, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2015
    I hadn't been looking after them properly and the nutrient strength dropped considerably and growth sort of paused for a couple weeks.  This last few days I have kept up the maintenance and they are currently growing really fast.  They're on an EC of 1.12 right now,  that's about a ppm of 560 I think. 

The lemon kush didn't take unfortunately,  it's sorta alive,  but it didn't root properly.  I had it in my cloning bucket and the stem started blistering and I became impatient and stuck it in this system,  but for some reason it didn't like it.  I don't care anyway,  it leaves more room for the others. 

The blue cheese is growing ok,  I have cut most of the branches off leaving just a few leaders.  The reason being that it was lagging behind the tangerine dreams as far as height went,  so figured if it had less shoots to feed it should gain height faster.  This was done this morning so time will tell. 

The white bits you can see scattered are bits of vermiculite that the predatory mites came in.  I scattered the mites all over the leaves to eat the thrips and the vermiculite has gotten everywhere 

[​IMG]

15. wow! Take care of business!

Looks good mate, shame about the Lemon Kush. I thought Blue Dream was a big plant too, weird.

17. Things are moving pretty well now.  This is them 2 days after the last photo.  Ill probably cut a clone of each of them and put them in to 12/12 within a few days 

[​IMG]

18. I have taken a clone of each and switched the light off for the first time. The lights come back on at 2000 hours, then back off at 0800 hours . I'm not used to these long flower times so this should be interesting

19. What's the timeframe ya got ahead of you?

Also I was wondering have you grown a WW indoors before? I was hoping to get an opinion on its flowering time. RQS says its 9 weeks.

I've only gotten to enjoy it once years ago at a camping festival. This guy was walking around shouting headies.. Headies... So I stopped him. He showed me what he had and it looked like what I would call beasters. Small hard as rock nugs that have no bag appeal. Anyways I said thanks and said I was going to pass and he's all like wait wait wait.

He opens the other zipper and has some beautiful bud in there lol. What a jerk lol.

Anyhow it was white widow and damn was it awesome.

I'm excited to grow it out.

Haha sounds like he was trying to offload to people that are willing to take it. Well done on sticking to your guns.

I have grown nirvana's white widow and that took 9 weeks. I grew out 10 seeds and they were all different lol, but I picked my favourite and cloned it many times. It was a great smoke.

I believe tangerine dream takes around 14-16 weeks but people's opinions vary a fair bit. I have 4 plants, so I hope I get a quick flowerer amongst them. I have a blue cheese in there too so at least ill get some early bud in 8 weeks time