Goldgrowers Tangerine Dream Dwc Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Mine uses 270 watts so I guess yours will give off less heat than mine. I might just get a bigger fan and it won't be an issue. What size tent will you be using with it? And what exhaust fan will you be using?

When I had my open hood metal halide in there I could have it positioned quite high because the light intensity was high. This kept most of the heat at the top of the tent. But the LED is less intense so it has to be positioned lower down and the heat is blown out the sides and it sucks air in from the top. This stirs up the hot air more I think

2. How much was that one? I haven't heard of that one

3. Not really because the air is sucked down from above the unit and blown out of the sides. This hot air hits the side of the tent, some going up to be sucked back in to the unit, and some blows down to the plants

4. Wow that is a lot of money. You can buy a TopLed 1200w mars2 for that much

5. I found ya...sorry to hear things won't be going very smoothly...good luck

6. #28 GoldGrower, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Thanks man, it shouldn't be too bad. The electrician will only be here a couple of hours, how bad can it be right? Lol

7. #29 GoldGrower, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    Here they are this morning, perked up a bit since I put them in the buckets

[​IMG]

8. #30 GoldGrower, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

9. #31 GoldGrower, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    At the moment I'm having serious heat issues. The reservoirs are 24.5℃ (76.1℉) and one of the seedlings has got dead patches this morning. I have changed all the water so it's down to 17.3 ℃ (63.1℉) but I suspect it won't take long to climb back up because the reservoirs are so small. I may change it for a single large res to help stabilize the temperature a bit.

For now I have some disks cut from a windshield screen over them. I also have the LED switched to just veg and now have changed the light cycle to 18/6 with it being off from noon to 6:00pm. I also have my tent open wide 24/0

I think when I get back this evening I will change this LED for a metal halide. LEDs are terrible for pumping out heat. The MH allowed the heat to gently rise and get sucked out by the exhaust fan. This thing blows hot air at the plants.

[​IMG]

10. #32 Amhazed, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    I bought a t5 4 bulb for veg. Last grow I just used hortilux 600w bulb the entire cycle....mine still haven't popped yet

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Reservoirs are now at 22.4℃ this morning, so a little better. The windscreen screens seem to be helping a bit

[​IMG]

12. Idk man, maybe im lucky but my res stays around 78-81 constantly with my top led 1200 in my 4x4 tent and my girls don't really show any sign of stress from the higher temps....that's week 5 for dinafem auto haze xxl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

13. doubtful. if your res was that high, they would have a severe lack of DO. and your overall temps would be outrageous.

plants wouldn't be that happy if this was the case

14. Im not bragging by any means, just never had an issue with high res temps that's all...pictures are proof of top canopy temp and res temp.

Attached Files:

15. Any thoughts gg? I'm new to all of this but still have had great results with previous efforts with these temps...

What are your yields like at those temps?

Getting your res temp lower would likely promote a more vigourous growth rate above and below the lid. This would give you better use out of your space.

Id also be extremely concerned about my roots rotting at that temp. What do they look like?

17. Yield is to be determined, moved first batch to a friends who grows legally and will be harvested soon but have some huge branches on there. Heres the roots...i just put some fresh fox farms in so they aren't as white as usual, ive noticed using the big bloom that initially the roots absorb a lot and turn a darker color....thoughts? Looks fine i think... Great size of plant and root for age. Broke ground august second.

Attached Files:

18. Roots look nice!

Is that some kind of tubing in the reservoir?

Keep an eye on the tubing. When I was running a 4 site rdwc I started to notice this snotty filmy like substance appearing on my tubing. I couldnt get rid of it and dismantled the setup.

Do you have a journal?