Goldgrowers Tangerine Dream Dwc Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Aug 25, 2014.

1. I don't know if you guys remember that one plant I have at the back that stopped growing bud after a few weeks, pistils died back, and calyxes swelled up. Well, some of them don't look too bad, they are definitely ready to harvest so today I'm going to harvest as much of it as I can while leaving some of the plant left in an attempt to keep the roots alive and not rot in the nutrient solution.

I have cut a few bits down and it looks like it could be two plants that have grown that way. I'm also harvesting the blue cheese today if I have time. The tent is going to look a bit empty. 

All the biggest colas are just the one plant, all the others haven't done well at all. I have a clone of the good one and is currently vegging nicely so the next run will be a ScrOG with it and the grow should be a far greater success..... Hopefully anyway

2. #282 GoldGrower, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
    I'm not sure what's wrong with my phone's camera but the colours are a bit weird. Anyhow, here's what things look like at the moment

[​IMG]

3. Weird colour or not its stacking up lovely!

Chef.

Yeah those colas are really packing on the mass now. I can see the advantage of a longer flower period, its just a shame it takes so long lol. I'm 8 weeks in to 12/12 today or tomorrow and only have a few pistils starting to die back on my main plant. These are going to be quite big colas once they have swollen up I reckon

5. The light burn is slowly getting worse. The lights are as high as they can go and the temperature isn't going above 28℃ at the moment. The fringes of the leaves are not flicking up like they normally do when it's too hot so I don't think it's anything to do with temperature. I don't get how it can be too much light because they aren't as intense as my 600w HPS at that distance. Maybe it's something to do with the spectrum, its very concentrated in the high nanometre range, lots of deep reds

6. The temperature reached 30℃ today so unfortunately I had to remove a light. I took the 144x3w out and rearranged the two 100x3w lights. Hopefully they will still be ok. The temperature is only reaching 25℃ now so I'm liking that 

[​IMG]

7. #287 Grow2dab., Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
    I'm like 27- 30 most days, if I forget to open the tent in the morning even more. I got another fan now blowing over the tops towards the light and even though they have probably gotten a little bit closer the burning seems to have slowed right down or even stopped? How weird is that?

All the burnt tops are about 7 1/2 inches from the lights, LED and HPS.

How long are you planning on going for?

8. #288 GoldGrower, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015

I have never grown this strain before so have no plans on when to harvest. I have read it goes for 14-16 weeks. All 4 plants are completely different. My main one is what most of those colas belong to that you can see in the picture. There is one at the back on the left that looks like it has about 3 or 4 weeks to go. The one at the back, right become ready recently and has mostly been harvested. The one at the back, middle, was ready after just a few weeks of 12/12, but simply didn't have time to grow a decent amount of bud. Very potent though and it was nice having a bit nice and early. I'd say my main one will probably be ready at about 16 weeks. It's only now just had a few of its first pistils die back. It's still producing new ones 

9. Its a shame to say but I'm getting a bit sick of this grow now. It's taking so long, twice as long as most strains so I was expecting twice the yield, but this is definitely not the case. I have a clone off the best one so will do one more grow, but that's probably it. 

I just want it done and finished so I can start something else in there. Autos are going in there next time 

10. After reading post #288 I don't blame you, that would be a total pita.

Totally man. I have half of the tent empty now. It just feels like time is dragging. I want it finished and out because its taking up valuable room. I could have something else in there right now if these were an 8 weeks strain 

12. I find I mostly grow only 8 week strains. I have one weird nirvana ice pheno that you can harvest at 7 for optimal punch in the face pine skunky skunk odour.
    Aside from a couple of rare plants I've grown over the years most are borderline over done if I try and limp them to 9.
    I also take with a grain of salt any strain descriptions when purchasing seeds. I just let the plant speak for itself.

I don't think I've had a 7 weeker, how is the yield on that one? My blue cheese that I'm ScrOGing now is spot on 8 weeks and it yields pretty good. I have had quite a few plants go to 9 weeks. That's a long flower for me though lol. I'm not used to these 14-16 weeks strains. They never appealed to me before because of the extra time. But I recently was thinking with double the flowering time surely there must be double the yield lol, I don't think it's quite as simple as that now

14. I chopped mine at 8 last time but thinking of giving the bottom half another week and just seeing how it goes? Only thing is trying to time the flush? Did two weeks last time and ash burns nearly white. [​IMG]

My plants always takes up less nutes and more water after halfway through flowering. These ones are currently taking up a solution of about 0.6 EC, which is about 300ppm. By the time they finish it will be even weaker so I generally don't bother with flushing unless I'm growing in soil. I do sometimes refresh with empty water but I haven't found any difference. I think overdosing is probably the reason that flushing is needed

16. yeah that's why I did auto this time around. Told you it took forever. I was hoping for Christmas bud and hell it wasn't even ready for new years...but the smoke is definitely top shelf...however I like the THC Bomb I grew at same time much more.

17. #297 CFLPro, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Yield is fairly good actually. It kind of looks like it's not going to fill in at week 5. All the the calyxes are super small to start with then just explode in size the last 2 weeks. It's a really wooden, rock hard finish even under CFL. It definitely seems indica dominant IMO.
    The last plant I grew that was a 12 weeker was actually worth it though. That thing resembled a cactus at harvest. Massive solid colas from the main stem up and blew out well over 1g per watt with CFL!
    Below is a pic of the 7 week nirvana ice pheno at week 5. After 7 weeks the calyxes are all filled in around the resinous leaves. Next time I flower it out I will take a pic at week 5 and 7 for comparison then post it.

View attachment 1363027

18. #298 GoldGrower, Mar 30, 2015
    You had well over a gram per watt when using CFLs? So you can grow an oz with just one 25w bulb? 

19. #299 Head Chef, Mar 30, 2015
  20. I'd like to claim it's my grow skills but honestly I think it was mostly the genetics. [​IMG] 
    My goal is typically not yield but simplicity, ease of use, low maintenance, stealth and of course end quality is. I will try to dig up a picture or two of it later and post.