Goldgrowers Tangerine Dream Dwc Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Nah, no seeds. I'm not bothered by this weird growth though. The others are doing really well 

2. Good. It may correct itself you never know. The others are doing great.

3. Subbed for the end, looking forward to comparing like time harvests!

1stsfdoc
    Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

4. I think this really shows that buying single seeds is a real gamble. I have bought singles before and I would have bought just 1 tangerine dream seed if I had the option at the time, but I could easily have ended up with a pointless plant like that weird one I have. I'm really glad I bought a pack of 5 now 

We started around the same time but unlikely to finish around the same time. I have been told in the past that tangerine dream takes around 14-16 weeks to finish.

TheLetter3 started his 12/12 on the same day as me, have you checked his 1000w ScrOG journal? 

6. Will look now, yeah I don't see mine going that long. Will still keep a eye on your journal, thanks again for all your help.

1stsfdoc
    Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

7. 6 weeks of 12/12 and things seem to be moving on nicely with the one plant, the two at the back are ok I guess, the one one that has the weird bud growth seems to be finished lol. The blue cheese has the most leafy bud I have ever seen, not sure what's causing that, perhaps it was something to do with the LED being too close before.

Anyway here are some photos of the tangerines 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Man, they look delicious. Wish I was your neighbor

Haha yeah man they smell amazing. They remind me of a plant I had back about 15 years ago that at the time was by far the most potent plant I had ever grown. I'd love it if this one turned out like it, certainly smells like it. Sort of fresh citrus and pine. Sharp uplifting smell, lovely

10. Ahhh man those look saweeeeet, r those little white pakets for CO2?

11. #231 GoldGrower, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015

Thanks man, 
    Those are packets of Amblyseius cucumeris. They are a predatory mite that feeds on thrips. Thrips is a pest that I often have problems with. They are expensive but I prefer them over spraying when I'm in flower 

12. #232 GoldGrower, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2015
    I changed out the reservoir today. I have the day off and ill probably need to do it within a week or two as I'm approaching halfway through the flowering period now. I set the EC at 1.03, and the PH at 6.0 

often people ask me how full do I fill my reservoir, I always say I brim it and most people don't think I mean literally. Here's a photo to show how full it is .. 

[​IMG]

13. Nice! Long old flower!

You really do brim it :) don't most people go to bottom of the net pots?
    Is there a reason for that?

Sorry for all the questions I'm spying on your work and some others stealing info and knowledge since I may do a few plants in hydro :)

Chef.

14. #234 atticflowers, Mar 6, 2015
    5-6 plants drinkin from 1 res is a lot. U dont put any additives right?

The main reason I brim it is because there is no reason to not. A larger body of water will be more stable with its pH, EC/ppm, temperature, dissolved oxygen content, and will need topping up less often.

When people allow their waterline to drop too much the roots coming out from the bottom of the net pot turn to stem and you then are just essentially making your reservoir smaller. By keeping it topped right up the roots won't dry out, and will grow out the sides of the pot and not just out the bottom.

When I start seeds and clones I don't brim it though, I just have the net pot under the waterline a few inches. This keeps the clay balls damp enough for them to grow but not drown them. When the plants are bigger and the roots are coming out of the pot there is no risk of drowning so I make use of the entire volume of the reservoir

16. #236 GoldGrower, Mar 6, 2015

The reservoir is 70 litres and I let it drop to about 40 litres before I top up and this usually takes about 5-6 days. 

I have had single plants in these reservoirs in the past drink more than these. My personal opinion is 70litres is ok for a 4'x3' canopy. The number of plants won't make any difference. Ideally I'd prefer two of these reservoirs side by side but they are just slightly too large to fit. If I used a bigger res the height would increase and I like having a reservoir that's only 8" tall 

I have tried a few boosters and supplements in the past but I found they made no discernable difference to the growth speed or yield. I guess if you were to use a nutrient line that was lacking in say P&K while flowering and then you added a P&K booster, you would probably see a result. The nutrient line I use seems to have the ratio of nutes about right and so adding even more P&K it doesn't make any difference. The plants will only use it if they need it, if not its just going to sit in the res making the remaining solution out of balance.

There are some other products that don't have minerals in and use hormones, sugars and bacteria, and other things, but I'm not convinced the plants get anything from these

17. Thanks once again, for the eye opener on the additives i would have never thought about that. It all comes back to your post about giving the plants what they want/need an not over doin it. Dam i should jus send u the money i was gonna spend on additives cuz it would have been a waste atleast u can put it to good use LMAO. I shure am glad a person of your caliber is here to help! i cant thank u enough.

That's very kind of you to say. A lot of people try out boosters because they like to experiment and try new things out. There's unlikely to be any harm in that (except your wallet lol) so I wouldn't tell someone to stop using a booster when they are using it, but I would recommend not buying one in the first place. Other people seemed to like them though but it's usually beginners that see improvements when they most likely would have improved anyway because they are just getting better at growing and ironing out small errors. I think most people who have been growing a long time don't bother with them.

19. My little blue cheese in the corner isn't doing too well at all. The bud is leafy as hell. It has been over grown by the tangerines

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Man you're making me wanna start tangerines again.....if I wasn't running autos this cycle I definitely would. Buddy of mine wanted to buy the rest of my Tangerine beans. Glad I told him no lol