Goldgrowers Tangerine Dream Dwc Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by GoldGrower, Aug 25, 2014.

1. #1 GoldGrower, Aug 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2014
    Some room just opened up in my veg tent so I'm going to finally start my Barney's Farm Tangerine Dream seeds.

144x3w reflector LED (270 watts) 
    5 feminised seeds each in a 5 litre bucket for the first few weeks and then moving up to something bigger.
    Tent is 3'x4'x6'.
    Each 5 litre bucket will have 2.5 litres of air per minute pushed through it.
    I'll be using ionic grow and ionic bloom, but for the first week just empty water.

Once they are big enough ill take a clone of each and flower the donor plants. Once harvested and tested ill pick my favourite and flower the rest keeping my favourite clone as a "mother" plant

5 seeds in some paper towels and a few light sprays of water to get them going

[​IMG]

Bagged up and hung in the veg tent and kept at around 25℃ so should have them in the DWC buckets in a couple of days 

[​IMG]

2. sounds like a great strain

I hope so, from what I have read it certainly sounds good 

4. A bit of a disaster happened today. I received a letter from my landlord saying that next week I will be having an electrician around to check all the electrical fittings in the house. I'm hoping I will be able to reschedule for a couple of months so I can harvest my big cheese before dismantling everything.

All the electric sockets need testing so unfortunately that's it for this grow. The seeds will be binned as I have enough work finding homes for all my plants and grow equipment as it is. 

I'll definitely be buying this exact strain again so I'll pick this thread up again in a couple of months hopefully. I'm gutted but it could be worse. At least my veg tent is practically empty and I my flower tent will also be in 5 weeks

5. I was just about to chuck these out and I just can't do it. It's such a waste. I wish I knew another grower that I could give them to

[​IMG]

6. I hear you man.  I hat throwing even a sprout out.  About 1 month ago I had to toss an entire plant after 6 wks veg.  I just didn't have the space and couldn't risk the plant count.

7. It's so gutting when that has to happen man. I recently cut down a well vegged mother. But I had taken clones so nothing lost really but it still feels like such a waste. These seeds cost me £38 plus postage too lol. If I had the letter two days earlier I wouldn't have started them

8. Could you throw them into solo cups and run them as 12 12?

Even after 5 weeks they won't be that big and can be easily tucked away.

1000 watt Scrog Journal

9. I was thinking about that. It's 5 weeks to harvest on my blue cheese, then 3 weeks to properly dry before it can be fully sealed up and stored safely. So I'm talking two months from now minimum. If I reschedule with the electrician he may not be able to do the exact date I want, he might say 3 months. So I'm currently expecting this to take place in 2-3 months right now.

I can't keep them on 12/12 because I have a blue cheese clone in the veg tent that I don't want to lose, and I have no room in my flower tent. If I keep the tangerine dreams in veg for that amount of time they will be huge.

My plan was to put them in the flower tent as soon as the blue cheese is done. I was tempted to keep them vegging, take a clone off each and chuck them away keeping the small clones, then they won't take up much space and will still save me the cost of buying the seeds again and like 3-4 weeks growth

I don't know though because it's more shit to hide, taking my grow down is so much work and hiding just one small blue cheese clone is a lot easier than dicking about with the tangerine dreams also

10. #12 GoldGrower, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    I have had a little think and come to a decision. I'm going to keep the seedlets. Ill grow them along side my blue cheese clone that's currently rooting, and then just before they all need to be hidden ill take a clone off each one and chuck them all out. Keeping a clone from each in my 6 site aero cloner. This is one 5 litre bucket that's easily hidden. At least then I won't have to buy seeds again and will save myself a couple of weeks of growth

11. #13 GoldGrower, Aug 28, 2014
    This is my cloner, it's very small and when the time comes to hide it I should be able to top up the water level so the stems will be submerged without any problems. It will only be for a couple of hours

£11 DIY 6 Site Cloner: http://youtu.be/JPAgNBBHkqA

12. It's good to have you over Sade

13. #16 GoldGrower, Aug 28, 2014
    These are 5 litre buckets with a couple of holes cut in the lid, 1 for the net pot and the other for the air line. I made these a couple of months back and figured I may as well use these instead of the 25 litre buckets that I had planned to buy

[​IMG]

The sprouts are in. Waterline is about a third up the pot, so the tips of the roots are already hitting the water. PH is set at 5.8 and the EC is 0.10 which is how it comes out of my tap.

[​IMG]

.this is the light that's above them

[​IMG]

Currently switched only on the veg setting because it crept up over 30℃ (86℉) yesterday. This thing gives off more heat than a metal halide when on full

[​IMG]

14. How long have you been using that fixture gg?

This is a dumb question but is the heat mostly coming out of the top?

1000 watt Scrog Journal

15. #18 GoldGrower, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
    I first turned it on, on 24th July. So 5 weeks I think. The heat get blown out the sides. Air is sucked down through the top. The unit isn't warm to the touch. And the actual diodes don't get very hot. You can touch them. It's like a CFL in that respect. But it manages to heat the whole tent so easily

It heats the tent more than my air cooled 600w HPS does. I really wanted to try out the mars2 1600w out but keeping the tent cool would be a nightmare

16. how much will my led heat up the tent you think? The rue watts are 160watts that it actually uses.

Let's Smoke About It.....
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1320164-Sade's-First-Grow-Green-Crack