Scrog Help

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Bongzillaa, Aug 25, 2014.

You haven't even got a screen on them yet. Once you have gone a little further on in the grow you will understand about cleaning up underneath. Don't cut valuable leaves off at this stage, it will slow growth. The plants need those to collect light and breath 

The screen is looking much better. I recommend waiting at least a week while pushing all growth back down under the screen every day. Once the gaps are filled and the growing tips have evened out more it's a good time to flower. 

How much room do you have above the screen for the plant to grow? This amount of height will govern when it is best to start allowing the shoots to come up through. Usually it's between the same day as turning to 12/12 and a week in to 12/12. I have about 3 feet of room above my screen so I allowed growth to come up through in the middle on day 1. I let the border shoots come up a few days before 12/12. But this isn't common practice for most people 

3. My screen is not needed until the plants are 2 months old lol. Until then I will build my plants with a uniformed even canopy. The leaves are only needed if they are completely green top to bottom including stem. My screen will be full my plants will be fine have a good one.

4. #44 GoldGrower, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014

I'm not saying your plants need the screen, I'm saying that you are trying to argue about what needs to happen after you put the screen down and you haven't even experienced it yet.

All leaves are needed otherwise the plant would not have grown them. If your leaves are not perfectly green then you are not providing optimal conditions. You should concentrate on finding out why the leaves are not green instead of just plucking them off 

5. dude smoke some more.......all the leaves are needed? ha ha ha ha ha...all the leaves are needed.....thats like saying homer simpson doesnt like donuts

6. Yeah i got heaps of room above the canopy, possibly like 6 foot. I'm not sure how much longer I could veg under the screen for, it seems like there really isn't any room for the shoots to go. I was having trouble last night trying to find clear spots to put the shoots. I will possibly start flowering tomorrow unless you really think i shouldn't

You can flower right away if you want but the canopy won't be as even because you have some largely dominant shoots. Ideally you want all your shoots to be even. This only happens after you have kept them all at the same height for some time.

From your last photo I can see lots of space for growth. I wouldn't consider that anywhere near full. 

But ultimately it is your choice and it won't come to any harm. You may miss out on a little weight but it's not going to be huge 

8. This is what I would consider a full screen

[​IMG]

This is a front view of a more recent screen. It had several week under the screen to even out nicely

[​IMG]

9. #49 Red Pill, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    @[member="bongz"]
    Take everyone's advice and pick and choose which techniques work for you. Everyone's environment, room, lighting, and mediums differ so what works for some may not work for others. If you don't have the experience that others have your grow isn't going to be dialed in right away but you'll still have some kind bud. Even the genetics you choose can change some of the factors within a ScrOG. You look like your doing fine with the advice you've been given so far so look forward to the fruits of your labor.
    This is my 6.5' x 3.5' ScrOG under 2 x 600 Ushios, soil, well water and the occasional tea, no exhaust system and 1-18" oscillating fan. The best thing I ever did was add a raindrip system for watering, so all I have to do is a little tuck here and there a few snips and raise the lights. If you can't tell I like to keep it simple, mostly because I travel a lot for work and if the wife had to do all the stuff other people do the plants would die.
    Enjoy life, love, friends, food and awesome buds, JD Dankins.
    [​IMG]

10. I would of said that screen was over vegged just my 2 pence worth tho

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Thanks for the help guys

Here's some more pics, currently in my third week of flower.Canopy is definitely uneven but they are lookin' healthy, hopefully I get a decent yield.

thanks again

Attached Files:

12. You can pinch those runaway shoots to try to keep them in check. Also, there are many ways of growing and you can get all kinds of advice. I would only take advice from someone with lush healthy green plants.

13. Sooo...how's it growing?  I've been reading a lot and this string has been helpful.  I'll be setting up my first grow here in legal Oregon.  4 plants, as much space as I want, lots of time to set it up.

I'd love to see an update, that's a pretty lush grow.