My Little Brother Made Me Stop The Car And I Have Never Been So Proud To Be Human

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nerdheard8002, Aug 25, 2014.

could be recently-made homeless, and body still living off fat supplies or could be a recovering addict, you put on weight like there's no tomorrow when you clean out.

either way...OP, your brother is a living legend. respect.

2. Hmm good point, there is one particular homeless around my neighborhood who has a full on belly, he's been homeless since I seen him when I was in middle school which is like more than 7 years ago

3. People feel bad and give him dollar after dollar when he's posted at the gas station, I do live in a nice neighborhood, op's pics seem like he lives in one too

4. good for your bro..

that's much more fulfilling than writing a check to a big charity and having no idea where the $$ goes..

very cool..

5. pay it forward

while most people nowadays are self-centered, narcissistic assholes; there are still good people.

6. Hes grooming youre wee bro lol

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. It's a pretty damn sad commentary on the state of the world when such a simple act stands out so much....

8. I'd always rather buy a homeless person a meal rather than give them money because you guys know how it is with addiction it gets put above even getting food in your stomach.

9. Potomac, Michigan has a nice person living there.

10. I used to do this all the time when I worked at a pizza restaurant. We were supposed to put leftovers in the fridge, and a person would pick them up to give to homeless people, and the pizza restaurant was reimbursed for it/deducted the amount of money.

Problem is the lady came like once a month. Pizza does not stay good in the fridge for a month. So I would regularly take all the leftovers from the night over to a 24 hour donut shop that let homeless people sleep in there. It was incredibly rewarding. Even on nights when I only had like 3 orders of breadsticks, they were so grateful to have someone that cared about them enough to drop off some hot food and actually treat them like they were human.

11. That was cool letting them sleep on the premises.

There a place near me where a few slept, they had vents at back of building which hot air came out.BUT the CUNTS fitted iron spikes on the ground so they couldn't sleep under the ledge bit.

Kind of thing we do for vermin like to stop pigeons roosting.
    Very sad we as a race let people live like that.

Makes me actually want to go do something for them, but some of them are bat shit crazy I dont want murdered or fucked lol

12. The homeless in my area must be making some good wages cuz the last few times I offered a dollar, I was snubbed and maybe a grumbled thank you. What gives?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

13. Get your bro high

Rainbow family :)

Maybe booze and drugs are the only things that makes that homeless person's miserable life bearable.

15. just because a homeless person is chunky does not mean anything. during my time of being homeless (I was homeless for 6 years), I knew allot of fellow homeless people who where chunky. most due to medical issues. or from not being able to eat properly.

some times when you have to worry about calories, its easier to being up a high calorie, high fat item, then it is to pick up something more healthier. a one dollar pack of donuts is allot cheaper then grabbing something like a fruit cup, or something else healthy. plus you have to remember that they have no way of refrigerating, or cooking food. so again picking up an item less healthy and full of preservatives so that they can keep it longer. 

I also found that the ones who were skeletal were the ones who were on meth or something like that.   

16. I don't know what I would do if my life collapsed to the degree I found myself homeless.

I would like to think I was pretty popular and likable enough for a friend to take me in.

However if that wasn't tge case and I found myself on the street with no means to fend for myself.
    Well in all likelihood I would take my own life :(

17. I was homeless for several weeks... It can be nerve wracking. But I had a job and a car, and a tent in a public forest like a qtr mile away from anyone. It wasn't that I was broke and shit, but the way the system is designed in some states makes it very hard for a person to come in from outside and settle unless they have good money AND good credit...

the best thing to do is to stay positive and be smart about things. I had a 12 pack of beer the whole time i was there but that was the only non-essential. I bought cheap stuff like PB and crackers, some canned goods and a cheap can opener to go with a few metal forks...

I actually learned a fair bit about living like that, and its not so bad if you're prepared for it. hell, if I could get a job in the right area I could live in an RV park 6-8 months of the year and do the winter in 2-week stints rotating around state parks/forests...total monthly expenses of "rent" and op costs and food, over a 12 month period it rounded to 350 per month...only essential i didn't cover was gasoline for the car...

18. Thought this thread was going to be some bitch bitching about their brother. So glad it's not.

19. High 5 your brother from all of us at GC. You's both did the right thing!!! :hello: :hello: :hello:

20. I did actually!

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app