Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sarcoma…possible Solutions

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by drifter106, Aug 25, 2014.

1. #81 drifter106, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    the big blob (pink) is the tumor.  the 2 small bean shaped (pink color are the kidneys)

white is the spine

laying on back, your looking at the body from the bottom of my feet but remove the feet and legs…

2. KU postponed the chemo (I currently am taking medicine for a sinus infection). Will start chemo Thursday Oct 23rd.

Have not been following the "diet" the way I did when this first started. Very noticeable…and have gained weight.

Taking at least a 1 1/2 grams per day

Diarrhea has pretty much subsided

starting to get a lot of fluid in my calves and feet

3. what this guy says!!

i am a cancer survivor and i for one did not stick with just chemo / radiation. i went for the whole health cure. where you cure the cancer by hitting it from as many directions as possible. lot of great info in this post. imho, sleep is by far the best cure available. and the healing that happens while you sleep is fortified by the supplements and nutrients that you take. hang in there, you can win, i swear you can. i know because i did!

4. Do you think it's the meds making your legs swell? Just wondering. Keep them elevated, if you can. Keep up the good work! You need a good diet, but you also really need to have weight on you to make it through all of this, so as long as you feel good with what you eat, that's most important. 

wow! 1 1/2g a day! Awesome job! I do think it will pay off! Already we know it helps with swelling, and has prevented any further growth, right? Keep it up and watch the real magic start to happen! :)

5. #85 drifter106, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
    Monday morning…

still have a lot of fluid in my feet and calves…have a sinus infection that just doesn't want to go away…didn't take any oil yesterday ( was still shitting from taking so much the day before…lol will go back to 1 gram

wow did i ever have the urge to sleep yesterday (and I did…)

checked my weight this morning (was 173…thats about 9 lbs less than when I saw the first oncologist back Aug 7th. Before I had my knee replacement surgeries I was weighing in at 205.

sure is exhausting…the oncologist told me I shouldn't smoke during chemo therapy (especially during days 10 - 12 of each 3 week treatment. He indicated that I will be very susceptible to infection at that time and that if I develop a fever I should go to the hospital. If fever develops and there is an infection he said you could die within 4 hrs if not treated. (just repeating what he told me)

I smoke a pipe so that means I need to get a patch….

i can tell (feel) that i am not on the diet as I should be…but was worried about my weight going south….

will check with the doctor today about the sinus infection

KU chemo thursday and friday of this week

6. Yes, definitely check out that sinus infection, and the swelling! You don't need those kind of complications in top of everything else too :/  

Sending more juju! 

When you get the patch, try to get a tincture too, it can help a lot with the nausea...or a vaporizer! Honestly, I hear what the doctor is saying, but you need more than just a patch to deal with the majority of the side effects. A patch won't do anything for the kind of nausea it can induce. Luckily, you have options! I would also pick up a salve or lotion, if you are out shopping. Chemo can be very drying to the skin, and I've had many friends very grateful for the topical stuff to help calm that irritation. 

7. just got back from the doctor…took X-ray and he said it was getting "smaller" (infection)

seems that when I am active the swelling in the feet and calves is not as bad

wonder what it will be like with the chemo…3 or 4 months from now…getting more tired seems like as every day passes…

fortunately it seems as though the cannabis oil is keeping the size in check…doesn't feel like its growing, at least the pain is pretty much staying in check

8. #88 drifter106, Oct 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
    took chemo thur and fri

dropped the ball on the things Ishould of done thus making these first days difficult

should of been taking some medicine prior to the 2nd day of chemo to help with the vomiting and nausea.

can tell tumor has taken a hit

feel like chit

on a brighter note…our 13 grandchild was born Friday…

9. Congratulations on the family addition!   :hello:

You are going to be having a very rough time, and there is no reason to try to tough it out! Use your meds to help you get through it   :bongin:   You'll find yourself a lot tougher in the long run. That tumor ain't seen nothing yet - you got hell to give it!  

10. #90 drifter106, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
    ok..sry i should of been more specific. The patch is for my nicotine addiction. I smoke a pipe. On a heavy day I would say I smoke enough pipe tobacco to equal 5-8 cigarettes. A lot of the time its just "there". Granted, there is an addiction to tobacco. Have been chewing for probably 40 years on and off. So the patch is a welcome addition. To be honest with you, the chewing is a no go, tried it and its terrible. The pipe thing is hard also. Tried the pipe a little bit this weekend…probably have smoked 3 bowls before I got the patch. Seems to be working. Doctor said I should definitely stop any type of smoking (anything to the lungs) especially during days 10 -12 after chemo for fear of infection. I remember distinctly him saying 3 or 4 times…the slightest sign of a fever I need to get to hospital for antibiotics for infection because of my weak immune system. He said if you don't and its bad you could die in 3 or 4 hrs.

On another note….for those of you who can address this question…is this what I should expect with each dosage?

I am just a little leary of taking any RSO at this time for fear of upsetting the stomach and causing the nausea and vomiting. Haven't taken any RSO since last Thursday. Any advise on how much to take or whether I should take any at this time.

I was taking a good gram per day before I stopped and its been almost a week.

Right now the thing I notice most is that I really can't drink anything. Everything has to be sipped down. Have tried drinking and its very uncomfortable and hard to swallow. When I do try it the stomach reacts in a "nausea" way. The reason for the difficulty swallowing is from the vomiting.

Don't know if i said this but I have had both my doctors (cancer and personal physician) tell me that this particular type of lymphoma (they have found over the years) to be located in a specific geographical area. Eastern Kansas and Western Mo. Now I know your going to think this is crazy but the KU doctor said he has had 4 or 5 patients over the years that have developed this size of lymphomic tumor. My personal physician said his mother would be alive today if they would of correctly identified the cancer. His experience was over 20 yrs ago.

I am thinking that is why it took so long to figure out what kind I had. Remember when I started this thread….it was first thought to be Sarcoma. Thank the GOOD LORD its lymphoma.

When this all started I weighed 181 (typical weight was 205). Down to 166. I really believe I will get it back. Very anxious to see how long this therapy will REALLY last and IF i use RSO now will it shorten it.

Sinus infection is starting to clear up…go up today to dentist to get another X-ray. The soreness is barely noticeable.

Got the ok from the dr on the sinus infection….

took about a gram of oil today…no problems…swallowing, eating and everything is getting much better…just gotta be careful now about the low immune system

Thanks to all!!

God Bless!!!!!

11. That's wonderful! 

In regards to the nausea, get yourself a tincture. It is fast acting, like smoking, but you don't have to swallow or smoke anything. 

I have not gone through chemo, but I've had a few friends go through it (one THREE times and she's barely in her 30s) and it gets pretty bad. Lotion and tincture are two safe methods that you should find relief from. 

Keep up the oil! I was worried, but I'm glad to hear you were able to get right back into it!

12. sending ya some good healing juju @drifter106

13. #93 drifter106, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    thanks beanie girl 420….short follow up

as each day passes I feel better, more mobile, sleep a lot better, eating good.  Still have some back pain put nothing like it use  to be.  Go back Thur to see Dr and get another round of poison.  weight is staying around the 155 mark.  

Loosing hair….lmao

if it keeps going i am going to have my daughter shave it…..I have a grandson (20 yrs old) he said he would too…kinda brings a tear to my eyes.  Look like those people in the concentration camps…was busy outside all day.  I did try the vaporizer the other night.  Has been  a long time and I took to much…need to make another batch of cannabis oil.  Don't have much left.

will keep you posted….

consume a LOT of watermelon…helps with the fluids….counted 1 day, and during the day I ate an entire watermelon.  Urinated over 30 times….yes I counted…lol

watermelon, chicken broth, cheese (3 different types) and summer sausage is my go to food.

they are about the only thing that tastes somewhat normal.

14. Good luck with the next round. Best wishes to you.

15. #95 drifter106, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2014
    thanks….the hair thing is getting (not really worse but more of it is coming out)  have always wanted to shave the head one time for chits and giggles.  Now I have a legitimate excuse to do it.

weight staying the same, eating real food now.  Watching my diet SOMEWHAT, probably not like i should but.

was out side all day, put up electric fence, cleaned out the garage and shed, painted the railing around the front porch.  Feels good to be able to get out and do things.

Probably should pay more attention to the transfer of pathogens.  Lots of people are sick with colds and flu.  I take things for granted because i feel pretty good.  Wife wants me to wear the mask all the time.  I do…to some extent.
    Gotta be careful…..wonder if they can tell me, by blood tests, how my immune system is?  Hope so…

16. #96 forty winks, Nov 10, 2014

Mrs winks was told the same thing.  However, during her 4th session, she developed an unsual fatigue and after the blood work, the ER docs said that she had zero immune system.  As he said, she was a sitting duck.  They put her straight away into isolation.

So, what I'm saying is, even without a fever, listen to what your body is saying.  If it feels really different than what your experience has been up to that point, go to ER.

All the best.

17. #97 beaniegrl420, Nov 10, 2014
    Hair is hair. I shaved my head for a cancer fund raiser one year, it helps to see what you look like without hair! I LOVED it! The feeling of the wind behind my ears when I drove was awesome. I've had short hair, but none of it is quite like a shaved head! :D Just go for it! 

Stay safe, don't even risk that crap, use the mask. Preemptive strikes are always the better option. 

And cucumber is also high in water, if you want to try it. I use a little salt and lemon on mine. It's like 90% water, and was my hangover food when I was drinking (or when I drink, I guess I should say, don't often at the mo). Really helps.

edit to say, KEEP IT UP! You're doing great! 

18. Nov. 13th trip to KU Medical Center
    First thing as customary, blood work....
    Results were very good. Back on 10/02 I set a base line for all of the items being tested. There are 36 items that are tested in the comprehensive metabolic panel. Some notable tests would be white and red blood cell count, glucose and platlets.

To start off with, I set a base line back on 10/02/14 for all of the items being tested. Looking at one particular item the white blood cell count was 6.7. Todays test came back at 6.2. The normal WBC has a range of 4.5-11.0. Anything under 4 and you are very susceptible to the pathogens that can cause infection and illness. The nurse who was administrating my treatment today said the WBC count today was very good thus enabling the procedure to "go". She also stated that during the course of the next 3 weeks a lot of things can change. One reason why they do the blood work each session. Platelets and RBC scores were within their respective ranges.

One test...glucose (sugar intake) wasn't so good. Range for Glucose is 70-100...baseline was 131. Test on 10/9 was 100, test on 10/23 was 91 and today it was 158. Very obvious that during the period when it hit a low on was on the "special diet" and really watched my sugar intake. Hint...no pop. Want to guess what I started doing the first of November???

Moving on...the doctor gave me a phyisical exam which entails him feeling for the tumor. He indicated that he could not feel the tumor as he had in prior sessions. Very good news!!! This is one reason why that on my next visit I will do another P-Scan prior to doing the treatment. Its  obvious that the God
    wants me to stay around for a while. Todays session took a little over 4 hrs. The rest of the treatments will take the same amount of time unless some of the indicators on the metabolic panel test tell them to do otherwise.

After effects.....I am doing a better job of managing my medicine. Last time out the vomiting and nausea started approximately 4 hrs after the treatment was over. Right now its been 13 hours...no vomiting, a little nausea but not bad. He gave me another medicine for nausea and vomiting, making it a total of 3 varieties to help control it. I Will be taking 100mg of steroids for 5 days to stimulate "all" the cells.

One final note...hair is going fast...will probably be gone in a week. My youngest daughter is "anxiously" waiting to pull out the blade and skin the ole man. Have always wanted to do that so now I have my chance.

19. #99 drifter106, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    On another note...

tonight I went to a party for my oldest son.  Turned forty this month...was visiting with my bother in law and I was telling him of my situation.  He knew that I had cancer but didn't know that I was using RSO.  Thats when he mentioned a friend who had Mesothelioma.  I wanted to say that it would help but told him I am not for sure.  From what I heard from B IN L, the guy doesn't have much time.  Maybe 6 months.  What is the take on RSO with this cancer?   From what I know, our current health system can not cure it.  What effect will the oil have if any.  Thought I would post here before I put it on the forum.  Want to help the guy as best I can but do not want to give him misinformation.

thoughts ???????

By the way, vomiting and nausea is still under control.  Have been out in my garage hanging insulation (trying to get the inside finished for our Thanksgiving dinner).  Worked for 3 hrs...only problem I have is my back gets sore from bending over...think its more from my discs in my spine rather than the cancer.  Gaining weight...weighed 162.5 this morning.  Getting my days and nights mixed up....like working at night and early morning though.  Listen to oldies and no body bothers me cept my good and faithful friend  BARNEY (my dog).

20. A quick Google search yielded a very well written essay on cannabis as a cancer treatment, and it was specifically on an Abestots site that dealt with Meso. It's really quickly spreading, so reducing the cancer may not happen...

It's a shitty thing, but he can find pain relief, as you have, minimally. No one wants to get anyone's hopes up, but there have been success stories, and it will absolutely help with your friend's friend's quality of life in the long run, no doubt.