My Opinion On Legalization

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by uremom3, Aug 24, 2014.

1. not following you, sorry I am slow like that.

what i do see is the recreational guys riding the wave of legalization on the backs of the medical justification. I am for recreational, period. The item that is reasonable debatable is why are we making a prescription drug legal for recreational uses? What other opiod or narcotic is used like that?

Not sure about opioids, but many, many prescription and OTC drugs contain alcohol. 

3. #23 ProGMO, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    Which of those prescriptions are used for legal recreational use? You are grasping about alcohol as an ingredient. That kind of logic really is what I would expect from someone trying to justify their habit on the backs of those legitimate medical needs. Come on, make a reasonable, well thought out, maybe slightly researched, and responsible reply. 

I mean if we break cannabis down to ingredients how about these? Still it starting to be a smoke screen (pun intended) away from how confusing to many why a prescription, controlled substance can be used for serious medical condition and also as a legal intoxicant. 
    "Cannabis smoke contains many of the same carcinogens as tobacco smoke, including greater concentrations of certain aromatic hydrocarbons such as benzopyrene, prompting fears that chronic marijuana inhalation may be a risk factor for tobacco-use related cancers."

One of the major arguments of legalization proponents is MMJ can get people away from taking the opiods. yet you cannot even name them here. which goes back to riding on the backs of the MMJ groups until the recreational guys win. After that I see the MMJ being tossed to the wind. Yeah, I understand the history on this site is people started glorifying those narcotics, but it not much different than those enjoying the smoke. The big advantage in marijuana is the slow rate of addiction and the ease of withdrawals. That is my observation. 

Again, I am for total legalization but not with stoned blinders on.

Not really sure of the point you are trying to make here. 

Ok, lets say we get full legalization.  Or full decriminalization (my preference).  At that point, what does it matter if it is medial or recreational.  It is the same product.  Those who want to use it for recreational purposes can and those who use if for medical purposes can.  Not really following your issue here.

I will say that rec legalization needs to happen before some pharma company is able to extract the beneficial cannabinoids and turn them into a pill that actually works.  When this happens, look out as there will no longer be a need for MMJ.

5. It does matter that you are using a prescription medicine for recreational intoxication. many of those you are fighting against think it does not make sense, rightly so. name a prescription medicine that is legal to use recreational to get intoxicated.

if it is like all other medicines that require prescriptions then treat it like a medicine. if you want to party and get high then just stick with that. it is confusing to those that you need votes from. It just seems deceptive to use its status as a medicine when the majority of users really just want to party.This is where you need to take the issue to the young voter, they do not seem to have put the two together, my guess is you are young.

I think several pharmaceutical companies have had the extract for decades. 

6. i meant opiates are legal, but herb isnt, and who here had to vote for new prescription medications coming out i sure didnt? why must we vote on marijuana when it was here even before voting existed!!

7. IMO I really feel like if weed isn't going to be legalized it should be decriminalized. To have people serving jail time and paying enormous fines for something that makes them happy? You're the criminal if you take away somebody's completely harmless good time

8. #29 Galaxy420, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    problem is young voters are relatively healthy so medical does not matter to them. the medical is for the older who see a way to heal themselves along with getting high which can be a healer too for some depressed people.  the real problem is people putting cannabis in a box saying it has to be just this only but it is so much more than just that and people are struggling for the capacity to think something can be more than one thing????? of course if it does not fit their narrow view it gets swept under the rug to be found later by more enlightened individuals.

9. Not an opioid or narcotic, but have you heard of robotripping? Robitussin and other cough medicines have disassociative properties due to a chemical DXM (dextromethorphan). It's a lot more dangerous to do now because they use Tylenol in them as well (so you end up nearly killing your liver if you try to trip).

People use it medically and recreationally, you don't need a prescription.... I don't see marijuana losing its importance in the medical community with the arrival of recreational use. Piggybacked motives or not. I think a lot of medicines would be "recreational" if their abuse potentials didn't lead to harmful side effects. Marijuana stands out in a unique way compared to other controlled substances - even with extreme abuse, the harm it can cause by the user or to the user is practically zero (even the lung damage from smoking instead of vaping is trivial compared to tobacco). You can't compare marijuana with most other controlled substances because they actually DO have a high potential of harmful abuse.

We all know marijuana is not dangerous when used recreationally OR medically as prescribed, they should be able to co-exist, eventually insurance companies could include marijuana as a prescriptive medication and cover some costs - caveat to actually needing the herb as opposed to wanting it.
    Allowing everyone rights to grow will be a winning situation for both... Not everyone is going to be bothered the time and money to take care of their own plants, or have a regular friendly hook-up, recreational and medical businesses will still get their profits from those incapable or unwilling.

135w UFO LED Micro Grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1308910-135W-Led--Organic-1St-Grow

did you know that you can get high off glue? nutmeg, which you can buy at the supermarket? whipped cream? computer dusters?
    ... not to mention many otc medications.

you seem to think that "majority" of users just want to party... how about those people that actually need the medication?
    should we just not consider those who actually need, because someone is afraid that mj might be mis-used? 

11. the dude probably wants to ban natural highs as well, you know the good feeling you get when you feel good- the dude must own rights to anti depressant medicines and makes lots of money from unhappy people and wants to keep it that way

12. What about the good old fashion runner's high? I'm gonna patent that shit, every time you run IMA gonna get my ends. NFL? Please Ill own them bitches. A cop running after I perp, I'll charge double! IM RICH BIATCH!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Grasscity Forum mobile app