Giving Up Soda. Need Tips.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by superkid17, Aug 24, 2014.

1. hahahaha boiling sugary liquds....

your essentially making caramel with a bunch of other shit in it. of course its gonna look like shit when you boil it. hahahahaha

jesus titty fucking christ the dumb shit people come up with nowdays.

of course!!! colas are pretty unhealthy for you in a consistent manner....

2. Talking to me?

Your not making caramel by evaporating cola, making caramel is mixing suger and water boiling it down then adding cream or butter.

3. When sugars turn brown its called caramelizing. Whether that sugar is cane sugar, cola, or in a banana. Adding cream to caramelized sugar does make caramels, a popular candy.

4. You don't have to school me I'm a chef, I guess we call it different things on either side of the pond. Anyway my original point was why would you want to drink a mixture such as that.

5. Because it's delicious and it hasn't killed me yet. Morgan & Coke isn't the same without Coke.

6. Fair, I prefer my spirits not drowned in soda. Cant beat a single malt with a ice cube.

7. #67 Techno mechanical fox, Aug 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
    ^This. Rum and tea in jagertee also is pretty awesome.

OP when I quiet drinking soda, I bought a water bottle to carry around.

8. just stop drinking it .. and give it time. you'll forget why you drank soda in the first place.

9. #69 432, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Haven't drank soda in years and i feel better than ever. Never have pains anymore.
    Raw Honey or Molasses are now my source of sugar [​IMG]

Sugar is one of the worst things for our whole body, Artificial sugar/sweeteners are even worse.

Tip: Stay away from anything that says fat-free or sugar-free or skim/light. Its usually replaced with more toxic stuff.

We have done brain scans where consuming sugar made no difference then consuming cocaine, Infact the sugar sparked up more problems in the brain especially artificials like what they use in Sodas/Coke ect..

Its all Business scams.

10. It is quite doable...I used to go through the better part of a 12-pack of DrPepper every day between the home and office. I finally got tired of the creeping up in weight that had occurred over the past several years...hit the gym to do tons of cardio and quit drinking anything with HFCS (also cut out a lot of breads). No headaches, so I know it was just the taste and not the caffeine that was driving my habit.

Started going through pint-bottles of water at the office using some of the flavor additives and that took care of the soda in the office issue.

At home, still occasionally drink the mexican Coke (real sugar, not HFCS)...along with my couple of glasses of red wine every so often.

11. Just know that soda is only sugar and you are poisoning your body slowly. Drink a lot of water whenever you sense thirst. I've given up soda for many months now.

12. Water and Kool-aid when you want tasty water.

Reiteration on fast food joints: Half of their market enterprise is the soda fountain(s). Steer far from those soda pop factories! Carbonated beverages all have the same psychological effect on the brain for addictive tendencies.

13. Iced tea is actually one of the worst sweetened drinks you can consume unless you are talking about the unsweetened ones. Check the sugar content on most iced teas, they are significantly higher than most sodas.

14. kool-aid is chemical nonsense.

if you want "tasty" water .. squeeze a bit of orange into it, or drop a few berries, or slice of an apple (some like cucumber).

15. and by tasty water i meant sugar water with dye. My favorite dyes are the ones with the packet as one color, and the solution as another. Rocks my chemistry set every time. [​IMG]

16. If it's a taste thing, try mio in your water.

17. When purchasing soda think about the heavy load you drag in from the grocery store. Whether it be 3 12-packs of cans or 4 2-liter soda bottles, the industrial weight of your tare is too high!

Who is going to bring in those cans and bottles, only to recycle them later for money back?

18. don't sock up with sugary drinks. look for cues that cause cravings for iced tea

19. Coconut water w/ pineapple is the way to go.

20. That and a lot of the brand name iced teas have HFCS in them aswell. So it's like you never quit drinking soda.

Everything is best in moderation though. A soda here and there won't end up being the reason for your death. But drinking a 12 pack a day might help speed up your death.

I'm trying to give up soda, but I always find myself drinking it at work or at home. Everytime I drink it at work (cone cups because we aren't allowed regular cups/drinks) I find myself taking a sip or two and tossing the rest because the taste isn't as appealing to me now. But when I'm at home and crack open a nice cold Mr. Pibb, I drink the whole thing within minutes...

I keep seeing this stuff, I needz to tryz its.