Giving Up Soda. Need Tips.

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by superkid17, Aug 24, 2014.

1. So my new year resolution was to give up soda. And to start drinking water more. Which well has been a pretty easy and hard thing. I've gotten better. But my main focus is staying with water and Ice tea. And slowly getting off Ice tea.

Have any other blades tried or have any tips to help me achieve my goal.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. i gave up drinking soda years ago when i was told i had high blood pressure. i might drink soda like 10 times a year, probably less. its not that hard to give it up, i think you're making a bigger deal out of it in your mind then it really is, which in turn is making it harder for you to give it up. just dont buy any soda, then you have no choice but to drink water or tea.

3. It was hard for me bro it's not easy if you've drank it your whole life. I started out with pure fruit juices(best to juice your own). I tried just dropping with water but Idk it was plain I guess. Now I drink water like a fish and just by replacing the soda watch the transformation you get. Just remember when car batteries get eroded they put coke on it to eat away at it. Want that inside you? Keep up good work man

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #4 UnsuspiciousUsername, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    I stopped soda a few years ago.
    The trick is to switch to milk and juice.
    If you're just going for water, you're not going to get anywhere. You want some substance.
    Juice is a delicious and healthy alternative. Orange and apple are the good stuff, and pomegranate?--mmmhhmmm; I'm always packing some Simply Made in the fridge. 

5. Juice is NOT a healthy alternative.
    It's extremely sugary.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Gggrows420, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    No because juice is just as bad as soda. Different opinion than me person lmao

7. #7 Ms.chips, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Just think how awful soda is for your body! Begin watching documentaries about sugar, get educated about what you're consuming. Ever since then i've been cutting out sugar from my diet any way i can. I drink water and occasionally milk with coffee, but that's about it. I think most things in moderation are fine, so having a glass of non-concentrated juice is okay once in awhile but remember that it still has a lot of sugar.

In the summer i'll cut up some fresh mint and drink it with water; lemon and limes are good as well. Not sure if you're talking about Nestle ice tea, but when you wean off that just make your own! It's good to hear you're making the effort to do this, your body will thank you :hello:

8. The fact that it's so hard to give it up is reason enough to give it up.
    You're straight up addicted to the high fructose corn syrup.

9. Or the caffeine but hey

10. #10 Deleted member 42976, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    i just said fuck it i dont need to be drinking this crap and stopped buying it.

every once in awhile ill have a sip of my gf's soda if there isn't anything else to drink, but i haven't had a full soda in at least a couple months.

i don't really have an addictive personality though. i decided to quit drinking alcohol and only do it socially. it's been pretty easy. i drank last night when i went out with my gf and her sisters for her bday but before that i hadn't drank since June. I used to wake up and crack a bottle of whiskey every day.

11. Yeah, that too. The amount of caffeine isn't that significant. It would take like 3-4 cans to equal one coffee.

12. Umm....what are you, a diabetic?
    Your body needs sugars.
    And natural fruit sugars are great. Your body can metabolize and go through like its nothing.
    Unless you're drinking some fake Sunny D/Hawaiian fructose crap. 

Next thing you're going to tell me is not to eat apples, cause of the isotopic, insoluble form of arsenic...

13. Just think, caffeine is actually more addictive and harmful to your body than that joint you just smoked.. I gave up caffeine once I found out I had Crohns. I still drink a soda on occasion but I have completely given up on caffeine. I stick to water, OJ, and non-caffeinated sodas.. At first giving up caffeine was a bit difficult, there were some withdrawls, but after a while, after all of the caffeine was beginning to eliminate from my body, I started to feel much healthier. I've been caffeine free for 6+ months now. 

14. This is something I'm working on as well, I recently quit smoking cigarettes and I've had a lot easier of a time with that to be completely honest. Soda is addictive as hell if you have been habitually drinking it for years. I think the caffeine plays a decent role in it as well, since I feel tired without any.

15. Highly concentrated sugar causes diabetes.

Many store bought juices have too much sugar

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. juice is fine if you drink a small glass once a day. if you're drinking juice all day then its not good for you. i drink a glass of juice or tea in the morning then its water the rest of the day for me. and i usually drink a glass of milk every day too.

17. Yeah water gets boring. I use those flavor packets to add to my bottle water.. They are sugar free and they are cheap.

18. I haven't had soda in 7 years, at least.

● F ◆ T ◆ W ●

19. a slice of lemon can go a long way

20. [​IMG]

now replace the word "eat" with drink (in terms of sugar) and you get the idea.

Quitting is as easy as letting the voice inside say no. Its also very hard but you have to decide what you are worth to yourself and how long you want to maintenance your body before you let it go and you die.