How Much Is Really Hammered Into Us As Children. And Human Conditioning

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Hammerfell, Aug 24, 2014.

1.  I won't specify exactly what I do. But I work with children  (Education sector, I'm not a human trafficker or anything!)

It's very interesting to watch the kids interact differently in particular situations.

We percive everything arround us, and we have a strong cense of what is wrong or right.
    Conscience it's called.

But the more I observe, the more I see.

Consence is not a naturally occurring..shall we say feeling?

It's hammered into us a young age, along with so much else.

I want to know how humans could develop naturally. Without being told what is right or wrong.
    I want to know how humans could develop in an artificial created world

Is it so wrong to ponder on what would happen if we created an artificial world.

Let's say we have a huge building. Walls that could not be broken down.

Would it be so wrong to watch humans develop in a controlled environment.

Teach them that, what they see is the world and that there is nothing else.

If the test subjects were taught English (Or any other language)

You could create entire religions. Tell them this is how things happen.

They could potentially have the same strength of faith as people around us today have.

You could literally create whatever humans you want through conditioning, it's quite scary. To think that everything we find offense around us is because we have been taught to believe so.

Think of the human brain as a book

When you are born, it is an empty book, the more you learn, the more the book records.
    By controlling what the brain learns, controls the very code by which humans align themselves to live.

I'm going to give an example here that I didn't want to use but could not think of a better alternative, so just a heads up before you continue reading. I'm not saying we should do this, nor do I condone it in any manner. it is merely an example.

Feel free to skip it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In current society, rape is frowned upon more than many other crimes.

But what if from a young age, we were taught that rape was a common everyday thing, that regardless of gender, nobody should resist and should just go along with it, to enjoy it.

We would not grow up thinking how bad it is, it would be a part of every day life. In fact when you strip it down to the basics it would be surprise sex.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just one example to put this in perspective. 

What are your thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 iAmBetty, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Correct for the most part.

In the rape example, I think it would still be very likely that the person getting raped wouldnt like it. The person doing the raping would likely catch on and that could still lead to some people challenging the idea that rape is ok, even if most people don't.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Considering the quality of human life throughout history I don't think it would be that bad to sacrifice some lives to learn a lot more about ourselves.

People are already sacrificed over nothing all the time and life goes on.

And for the teaching surprise sex thing. That could be taught to a culture and be perfectly fine within that culture. Different cultures that have always existed have already proven that possibilities of human actions and perceptions are limitless

• Like Like x 1
  4. What is helpful?
    What is harmful?
    What is action?
    What is consequence?
    Does the good outweigh the bad?
    Does the bad outweigh the good?
    What is life?
    What is knowledge?
    What is risk?
    What is safety?
    Is risk needed or wanted?
    Is safety needed or wanted?
    Is wanting good or bad?
    Is needing good or bad?
    What is laziness?
    What is fear?
    What is intitiative?
    What is consistency?
    What is will?
    What is fate?
    Is will and fate the same or different?
    Or are they both same and different?

Fundamentals are essential to all things, you cannot replace fundamentals with supposed advanced philosophy. Those will fail, you can only advance from fundamentals to achieve proper progress.

Honestly speaking though, artificial life will never equate to a natural pure life. Artificiality is skipping the fundamentals, while a natural pure life is growth to perfection. Albeit through realizing imperfection. It's not like anyone grew up philosophizing about imperfection according to mindset, but rather philsophizing about imperfection according to environment.

Mindset is usually debased by environment in this society, it takes a whole lot to re-evaluate your fundamentals to change them.

5. i had an epiphany of relief reading that. so much i agree with, practically everything humans consider 'right or wrong' is man made. you dont see any other animals caring about what is right or wrong, when a bear kills another animal and stores it for later, it doesnt have any guilt or remorse for what it did, it just did it.

i definitely agree with your last point about rape, i mean most animals go around shagging random females, they dont get picky and shit they just do it. but humans have called it 'rape', because we are so fucking special and each individual has to be so fucking self centered and think the world revolves around them. who cares if some dude comes up and wants to fuck? what should stop him, you have a male and a female, the male is the dominant gender and chooses if he wants to have sex with that particular female or not, the only thing that should get in the way (like in nature) should and would be another male who is perhaps more dominant.  buuuuut because of what is drilled into our heads about it being 'wrong' and woman being treated 'equally' it makes females feel they are victims. if they didnt think it WAS wrong it would be unnaceptable. truth is a lot of the beliefs and biases people have today is because of what their parents have told them, teachers and what their friends have to say about it. unfortunately this appears to be the way humans are heading, becoming too trustful of others' words and believing things without properly questioning them. for example there was an experiment where 6 participants had to choose which piece of string was longest out of about 5 strings. the experiment targeted 1 indiivudal, and the other 5 'play their part'. so the 5 others chose the wrong answer each time, and after a few goes the targeted individual just started going along with what the rest were choosing, because he was simply conforming to their answers, even going against his better judgement and thinking he was right. the same is true in school, if asked a general question like 'who is scared of spiders?' most will be afraid to put their hand up until others do, out of fear they will be disliked by the majority.

its not my fault i was born into this world, this pointless random tiny rock in the middle of nowhere which spins and recieves light and heat from a sphere of plasma 90 million miles away, equally as pointless as the rock. yet here i am, having to conform to what other people want. having to go by other peoples laws and rules, being forced from an early age to think how others do and act like they do. im sick of it, the urge and innate desire to leave this society and move into the wild grows stronger each day. maybe ill become less suicidal and actually enjoy what this pointless planet has to offer instead of working 9 hours a day every day for some paper that gives a false sense of comfort and makes you strive for more artificial things in life (what modern society wants from your first day at school).

granted, there are benefits like easy food, transport, health etc... but personally i feel trapped in the system and don't know if the comfort that comes from it outweighs the freedom of living and supporting yourself away from modern society in the wild.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The effect of epigenetics is missing from the post. Study epigenetics some, then consider what happens later in life.

7. this is the second time ive seen you say you aren't a human trafficker.

Little paranoid for someone who isn't a human trafficker huh?

:wub:

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. op is clearly a kidnapping human trafficker 

• Like Like x 2
  9. Back on topic, your logic is backwards op.

Society is the way people made it. People are not the way society made them.

I never liked when people say things like "women are so objectified" or "society is turning into this or that" or "the corperations got us addicted to unhealthy lifestyles".

People form ssociety. McDonald's didn't trick people into buying drugs. People bought the burgers because they wwanted cheap taste convenience.

The media doesn't tell us what's pretty. They give us what will sell. Pretty girls sell. See. Its the opposite.

The media isn't telling us to eat McDonald's and look like Jenifer Lopez, the media is selling us what we want

To use your own example:
    Rape isn't bad because its drilled into us. Its bad because its involuntary. Some people just don't want to have sex with some people.

That being said, some people DO have lower "moral" or I guess "traditional" standards.

People don't see a problem with.multiple sex partners, or same sex partners, and you can see the change happen in society first.

Let me ask you a question? What happened first?

Did gay people fight the system? Or did the media turn people gay?

this is off topic  but I disagree with your points about Mcdonalds and I cannot not respond.  Mcdonalds will put healthy happy good looking people in their ads talking about feeling good and other nonsense so you will associate happiness and attractiveness with eating Mcdonalds.  They put toys in "happy meals" because a) the kid will associate the food with the joy derived from a new toy and b) the parents will be relieved as the kid stops screaming for a minute because of the toy.

Save me all the arguments about how people need to be more responsible in their personal choices, because yes they do. BUT, Mcdonalds would not be putting money into the advertising if it did not work.  And Mcdonalds certainly understands they are capitalizing on bad parenting decisions and are creating customers for life...

• Like Like x 1
  11. And you only proved they are maximizing on what the people want

• Like Like x 1
    People want to look good and be healthy.  Mcdonalds shows good looking healthy people with their products.  This is attempting to (and working) trick consumers.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I highly doubt there's a human walking into McDonald's being tricked into thinking they're about to consume something that will be healthy. Lmfao. Let's be cereal hurr

• Like Like x 1
  14. The question is should that be legal and how could it be enforced

15. As much as I would like to agree with you, human ignorance never ceases to amaze me even if its my own.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Choosing to not care and not bring informed are 2 different thin

I think you will agree that it cannot be made illegal.  I think all people should be given at least a basic education in the marketing strategies of the companies whose advertisements are on tv.  Who they are targeting, why they are targeting them, and how.  When you realize they are targeting their marketing towards your weaknesses you can start to analyze your own habits.  I don't think people who continuously purchase Mcdonalds truly believe they will be happy and good looking, but I think they do not possess the skills to question their own behavior.

Hey I dunno how much sense that made

18. Yeah, everybody wants to look really attractive and eat that food.

But their not getting what they want, they are being psychologically manipulated.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I know people who think that maccas salads are healthy and that (They REALLY aren't)

Anyway, going to MacDonalds for a salad is like going to a hooker for a hug.

• Like Like x 1
  20. #20 Boats And Hoes, Sep 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2014
    I personally do believe that, in the case of man, nurture is more of a factor than nature.

Re-wire and ossify those neural pathways and circuits by means of continual repetition and stimulation, that is, assidiuous circularity of action, and then, even thinking otherwise than what you are doing becomes pretty much impossible - or a highly improbable aberration.

There's a reason they say that practice, or repetition, makes perfect.

• Like Like x 1